Brian's Optik Wait Time Now Up to 14 Weeks

Kapz

I was told 8 weeks for pads and 10-11 for chest (ordered Sub-Zero 3 shoulders on the Optik chest so they said it would take longer).

I have been yelling at the retailer and it hasen't been helping. Said it shipped last week and was suppose to be here Wednesday but still nothing.

13 minutes ago, Kapz said:

I was told 8 weeks for pads and 10-11 for chest (ordered Sub-Zero 3 shoulders on the Optik chest so they said it would take longer).

I have been yelling at the retailer and it hasen't been helping. Said it shipped last week and was suppose to be here Wednesday but still nothing.

Start a protest outside of the store. 

“Show me what democracy looks like!!!”

73A1C83E-0D34-4853-ADCB-2282312DB92A.png

Its the time of year unfortunately - it was the same with my G-netik 2 set a few years ago; ordered late May, turned up almost halfway through Sept (although that did include international shipping). When summer comes around you have to get in line behind all the new pro / college orders unfortunately! 

Just now, Kapz said:

Yea, I was told they are falling behind on chest protectors. Pretty funny since a lot of them seem to be coming back up for sale rather quick which makes me slightly nervous!

I would like to try a new spec Brian’s chesty and compare it to my Sub Z 3. I hated the arms on my Sub chesty, but Warrior arms aren’t working that well, either; having Factory Mad mod my arms.

But the Sub Z 3 shoulders may be the ticket for you. I may be sticking my Warrior floaters on mine, as they are just HUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!! 

1 minute ago, Kapz said:

Yea I don't plan on making the NHL anytime soon so not too worried about the new sizing rules figured I should use all the help I can get.

Me, neither; unless they have the NGHL (National Geriatric Hockey League). Even then- I would be in the D-tier minor leagues...

I could never get my floaters to stop popping into my masque...

But the body of my chesty fits well, and the arms are the perfect length; just did not like the protection in the arms. 

3 hours ago, Kapz said:

As someone who's worked goalie retail, I can tell you this never works. 
I ordered my mask around this time last year and it took forever.  I got pushed back frequently because of incoming pro orders.
Unfortunately, the added wait is just a reality of ordering in the summer time.
It takes skilled labor - would you really want Brian's to bring in Joe Schmoe off the street who's never touched a sewing machine to build your pads?
It's out of the shop's control. 

Brian's is a reputable company with a great service model, you will get your gear.
It could be worse, there's people out there who ordered back in 2002 waiting for gear from Vortek/Agatone hockey/Dave Agatone

49 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

As someone who's worked goalie retail, I can tell you this never works. 
I ordered my mask around this time last year and it took forever.  I got pushed back frequently because of incoming pro orders.
Unfortunately, the added wait is just a reality of ordering in the summer time.
It takes skilled labor - would you really want Brian's to bring in Joe Schmoe off the street who's never touched a sewing machine to build your pads?
It's out of the shop's control. 

Brian's is a reputable company with a great service model, you will get your gear.
It could be worse, there's people out there who ordered back in 2002 waiting for gear from Vortek/Agatone hockey/Dave Agatone

But would a full-on protest help?

lol

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

Also- the chant should be “Show me what my goalie pads look like!!!”

That doesn't flow off the tongue well.

Should be:

"What do we want?!"
"Teaser Pics!"
"When do we want it?!"
"Within a reasonable timeframe that we are fine with shifting due to production changes"

7 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That doesn't flow off the tongue well.

Should be:

"What do we want?!"
"Teaser Pics!"
"When do we want it?!"
"Within a reasonable timeframe that we are fine with shifting due to production changes"

Hmmmm... The answer to when is a bit convoluted; it should just be “NOW!!!!”

Protests are not effective without torches and pitchforks.

As someone who works in hockey, giving the retailer a hard time about something not arriving on time realistically doesn't speed up the process. We don't control anything. We can put pressure on them but ultimately they are gods. Stuff is ready when it's ready. Seriously, what do you REALLY expect a retailer to do other than ask for a more definitive date? Posting about it here also does nothing.

I got my CCM set in 8 weeks (promised 8-10)
I got my Warrior set in 6 (promised 8-10)

Something to think about in the future.

54 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

As someone who works in hockey, giving the retailer a hard time about something not arriving on time realistically doesn't speed up the process. We don't control anything. We can put pressure on them but ultimately they are gods. Stuff is ready when it's ready. Seriously, what do you REALLY expect a retailer to do other than ask for a more definitive date? Posting about it here also does nothing.

I got my CCM set in 8 weeks (promised 8-10)
I got my Warrior set in 6 (promised 8-10)

Something to think about in the future.

I mean, if a retailer isn't meeting their promised dates, the customer has every right to be angry. Regardless if they're just a middle man or not.

You're benefiting from this transaction and as bad as it is, a company is only as good as their suppliers. If your suppliers are dropping the bomb, should it be the customer that suffers? Or the retailer?

100% the retailer. If the retailer is taking a proactive role and informing the customer of delays before the original due date, then I usually give them a pass. Thing is, most don't.

I work in a Purchasing role. It's literally my job to buy shit. I encounter this situation on a pretty regular basis. I get it, shit happens, but this is also a well known busy time in the industry. Retailers should know this and should be far more proactive when taking care of their customers.

This shrugging your shoulders and "Well, what are you going to do?" attitude is crap.

Edit: I don't want to seem to confrontational with this, but I encounter that excuse so much and it's just infuriating.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I mean, if a retailer isn't meeting their promised dates, the customer has every right to be angry. Regardless if they're just a middle man or not.

You're benefiting from this transaction and as bad as it is, a company is only as good as their suppliers. If your suppliers are dropping the bomb, should it be the customer that suffers? Or the retailer?

100% the retailer. If the retailer is taking a proactive role and informing the customer of delays before the original due date, then I usually give them a pass. Thing is, most don't. 

I work in a Purchasing role. It's literally my job to buy shit. I encounter this situation on a pretty regular basis. I get it, shit happens, but this is also a well known busy time in the industry. Retailers should know this and should be far more proactive when taking care of their customers.

This shrugging your shoulders and "Well, what are you going to do?" attitude is crap.

Edit: I don't want to seem to confrontational with this, but I encounter that excuse so much and it's just infuriating.

We don't promise the dates, they do. We relay the message. If the customer suffers, it's unfortunate but we did nothing to cause that.

Brian's is the kinna company you can call direct and speak to someone there.

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Brian's Optik Wait Time Now Up to 14 Weeks

Archived