Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

9 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Hopefully this site takes off (more than it already has!) and we start getting demo gear from vendors to try! 

I got lucky that I'm a member of another already well-established site, which is where I got my demo from. 

Lucky guy. I went for a tour of my LHS's today. NOT A SINGLE ONE is carrying anything Optik. I really want to get my hands on them to see what all the hype is about

6 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Lucky guy. I went for a tour of my LHS's today. NOT A SINGLE ONE is carrying anything Optik. I really want to get my hands on them to see what all the hype is about

Well that's just weird. 

I'm a bit spoiled having a Goalie Monkey about an hour or so away, though its been a long time since I've been there (I wear almost nothing you can buy retail at this point). I also saw the Optik stuff at Pure Hockey in Troy MI (or Novi, I honestly can't remember which it was). 

23 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

When I stopped at the New Jersey Monkey store they didn't have any Optik pads either, only 2 pairs of gloves and blockers.  They said they sold all of their Optik pads the first week they debuted in November.  I was there end of Dec beginning of Jan.  I said so you guys sold out a new line of gear in a week and you didn't order more in almost 2 months?  He just shrugged his shoulders.  

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

When I stopped at the New Jersey Monkey store they didn't have any Optik pads either, only 2 pairs of gloves and blockers.  They said they sold all of their Optik pads the first week they debuted in November.  I was there end of Dec beginning of Jan.  I said so you guys sold out a new line of gear in a week and you didn't order more in almost 2 months?  He just shrugged his shoulders.  

I think it will be that way here too... the local Source for sports had 1 set of heritage, Gnetik 3 and Sub3... Couple of Eflex 3, 1 Premier and 1 RGT set... and part of a 1X... that's all... its sad... Hence why I'm going thru @TGC-Rance for my new set

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I think it will be that way here too... the local Source for sports had 1 set of heritage, Gnetik 3 and Sub3... Couple of Eflex 3, 1 Premier and 1 RGT set... and part of a 1X... that's all... its sad... Hence why I'm going thru @TGC-Rance for my new set

Buying online is killing brick and mortar stores. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Buying online is killing brick and mortar stores. 

I live in a "city" of only 250,000... and its the capital of our Province... We just don't have the demand to have a PHL or a really big dedicated goalie retailer... most of us locally don't shop locally as I have more knowledge than the guys in the stores... All they push is "who's your favorite NHL goalie" and then tell them to buy that gear... no clue on how different lines play, etc... 

6 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I live in a "city" of only 250,000... and its the capital of our Province... We just don't have the demand to have a PHL or a really big dedicated goalie retailer... most of us locally don't shop locally as I have more knowledge than the guys in the stores... All they push is "who's your favorite NHL goalie" and then tell them to buy that gear... no clue on how different lines play, etc... 

The city that rhymes with fun ;)

Third game back, everything is pretty dialed in. Really, realling enjoying the Optiks so far.

Interesting note: Coming back off an ankle injury, I'm testing out a pair of Graf DM1080s, which are a pretty big change from my VHs on Bauer cowlings. So far, so good.

image1 (2).jpeg

• Like 4

21 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

And people wonder why LHS are dying out... 

15 hours ago, Murray said:

Third game back, everything is pretty dialed in. Really, realling enjoying the Optiks so far.

Interesting note: Coming back off an ankle injury, I'm testing out a pair of Graf DM1080s, which are a pretty big change from my VHs on Bauer cowlings. So far, so good.

image1 (2).jpeg

That is one sexy set. Saw it on Twitter this morning. 

15 hours ago, Murray said:

image1 (2).jpeg

Bro that set is locked in. Outstanding.

How do you like the performance?

@Punisher Goalie LOVE them so far. There's been almost zero adjustment - I really only need to break in the blocker a bit, as it's still just a bit stiff for playing the puck.

I can't wait until my timing, flexibility, and endurance are fully back (I just spent 3 months completely off the ice, and roughly 8 months of minimal ice time recovering from a bad ankle sprain/tendon tear) - I should really be able to use these to their full potential.

1 minute ago, Murray said:

@Punisher Goalie LOVE them so far. There's been almost zero adjustment - I really only need to break in the blocker a bit, as it's still just a bit stiff for playing the puck.

I can't wait until my timing, flexibility, and endurance are fully back (I just spent 3 months completely off the ice, and roughly 8 months of minimal ice time recovering from a bad ankle sprain/tendon tear) - I should really be able to use these to their full potential.

Awesome, glad to hear. Had the same experience with my set. Very happy so far.