Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Am I the only one that gets rid of equipment they don't use anymore?

No.  I try to get rid of my old stuff.  I still have some pieces that are having a hard time finding a new home.  Older skates and one barely used Sherwood 9950 stick.

edit - Though I have to admit, idk wtf I am going to do if I ever do get a matching set for my team.  Wife would flip if I have two sets of everything(nor do I feel the need to have two of everything) but if I get rid of my current set then I basically get rid of my Richter persona...:myhead:

7 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

That’s why you start storing at friends’ houses or get a super-secret storage locker and have the bill sent to work or online. That way, you can have as much as you want!

All I say when my wife chirps about my gear is “300 pair of shoes; do I need to say more?”

Hmmm...my wife does have a lot of shoes.  Not 300, not even close, but she does have a lot lol.

1 hour ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Simply could not resist the pro stock CCM pants on GoalieMonkey. Picked these up to go with my Bucky tan Optiks. They look and feel excellent. Now I just need a jersey that goes with them!

E75CFC93-94BF-4564-ADDF-2B5E2FBC8F22.thumb.jpeg.cf86aed18a7bf7077b69136cca624cde.jpeg

Daaaaaang, now those are a sharp looking pair of pants. Very nice pickup! Best of luck snagging a matching jersey, too!

14 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I like to use more sets of gloves & pads, even two C&As and pants - when it doesn´t dry completly from previous skate, I take another set that is dry. Some pieces of my equipment are Ducks pro return, so I keep them for collective purposes too. And ok, I have some gear tahat I don´t play regulary anymore, just sometimes to justifiy still keepig it :D.   

19 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

No.  I try to get rid of my old stuff.  I still have some pieces that are having a hard time finding a new home.  Older skates and one barely used Sherwood 9950 stick.

edit - Though I have to admit, idk wtf I am going to do if I ever do get a matching set for my team.  Wife would flip if I have two sets of everything(nor do I feel the need to have two of everything) but if I get rid of my current set then I basically get rid of my Richter persona...:myhead:

Yea, I have that problem too. I normally buy White/Blue/Black gear, becauseit's the Estonian national colors, and I just like them. Usually, it manages to match my teams. But right now, I'm playing on 2 teams, and both are red/black. I'm tempted to buy red/black gear, because it would match BOTH my teams, and make sense. ...but then I would lose the blue/black/white scheme I have worn for almost 20 years :myhead:

11 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Simply could not resist the pro stock CCM pants on GoalieMonkey. Picked these up to go with my Bucky tan Optiks. They look and feel excellent. Now I just need a jersey that goes with them!

E75CFC93-94BF-4564-ADDF-2B5E2FBC8F22.thumb.jpeg.cf86aed18a7bf7077b69136cca624cde.jpeg

Sweet pants. Would match my team perfect

5a730bc3b0031_phoca_thumb_l_HCStUrsenMatchgegenHCBlack-Cats2017-12-10(35).thumb.JPG.cb2ef75190b68c85288b50159323aac5.JPG

11 minutes ago, GP33 said:

IMG_1001.JPG

I'm not normally into retro pads, but those are cool. What are they?

9 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

Yea, I have that problem too. I normally buy White/Blue/Black gear, because it's the Estonian national colors, and I just like them. Usually, it manages to match my teams. But right now, I'm playing on 2 teams, and both are red/black. I'm tempted to buy red/black gear, because it would match BOTH my teams, and make sense. ...but then I would lose the blue/black/white scheme I have worn for almost 20 years :myhead:

The struggle is real.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, estogoalie said:

Yea, I have that problem too. I normally buy White/Blue/Black gear, becauseit's the Estonian national colors, and I just like them. Usually, it manages to match my teams. But right now, I'm playing on 2 teams, and both are red/black. I'm tempted to buy red/black gear, because it would match BOTH my teams, and make sense. ...but then I would lose the blue/black/white scheme I have worn for almost 20 years :myhead:

5a730bc3b0031_phoca_thumb_l_HCStUrsenMatchgegenHCBlack-Cats2017-12-10(35).thumb.JPG.cb2ef75190b68c85288b50159323aac5.JPG

Don´t do that, you have nice colour combo and match even the black-red Jersey. btw. when you change colours of your equipment, your team sooner or later changes colours of jerseys. Sometimes I think that they do that intentionaly :D.   

8 minutes ago, mik said:

Don´t do that, you have nice colour combo and match even the black-red Jersey. btw. when you change colours of your equipment, your team sooner or later changes colours of jerseys. Sometimes I think that they do that intentionaly :D.   

Yea, it's not too bad...and we do have one sponsor with some blue in their ad, so I justify it to myself that my pads match to that :giggity:

...any way, I'm doing what I can to change our logos and colors when we get new jerseys in a year or two. ...or else yea, I'll just find a team with blue/black jerseys and switch to that team :idk:

My team changed jerseys over the summer.  They were black and yellow/sport gold.  I tried to get them to use something red, white, and blue.  The islander fans on the team didn't wanna look like the Rangers.  I said we don't have to use nor do I wanna use Ranger jerseys, just something r, w, b.  Columbus jersey was my choice.  Turned down.  Majority voted yes to the green ones we have now.  Can never win.

6 hours ago, estogoalie said:

Smith 6000's and they are the best pads i ever wore.

IMG_0082.JPG

Edited by GP33

On 2018-01-31 at 9:27 AM, IPv6Freely said:

Gotta have a rotation of gear, haha. Seriously though v6’s have been my shinny set, Brians for games. The v6’s came with a practice and game glove. The 5500 and 7800 blocker I picked up for $50. I won’t hold onto them forever 

11 minutes ago, Imperative said:

Gotta have a rotation of gear, haha. Seriously though v6’s have been my shinny set, Brians for games. The v6’s came with a practice and game glove. The 5500 and 7800 blocker I picked up for $50. I won’t hold onto them forever 

But why? Once I got my Passau set I had absolutely zero interest in wearing my old Brian's. 

• Like 1