Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

58 minutes ago, DALV1 said:

@GP33apparently your spouse or significant other doesn’t venture into the basement! 

Theres is a part of me that’s really jealous of your “small” collection,nice stuff,loooooove those Smiths!

All I can think about is how much more room he’d have if he didn’t have all the junk he’ll never wear again.

I do have a hard time hanging on to stuff I couldn’t possibly use or want to once I find what I like. Two years ago gave away a very nice TPS Summit glove,this year an as new Itech RX9 to a buddy,better than sitting unused. Every old piece of gear gets passed along to some other goalie who wants or needs it,gratis or a handshake. At that point if I replaced it then I don’t want it anymore anyway.

I do like to see other people’s collections though,sometimes a glimpse into the past.

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@DALV1 - I’m very similar. I look at extra gear as an unused asset. I’d rather let it go cheap than collect dust 

I held on to all my old Koho gear over the years. As more and more time went on, it just saddened me and I had accepted the brand was dead. It's nice to look at things from the past but after a few moments of admiration, reality sets in and you realize as nice as some of those older pieces are from 1995 or whenever, they simply don't play better than the modern stuff. No sense living in the past.

15 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

My team changed jerseys over the summer.  They were black and yellow/sport gold.  I tried to get them to use something red, white, and blue.  The islander fans on the team didn't wanna look like the Rangers.  I said we don't have to use nor do I wanna use Ranger jerseys, just something r, w, b.  Columbus jersey was my choice.  Turned down.  Majority voted yes to the green ones we have now.  Can never win.

Same experience, I used to have white-blue-silver equipment and then new team jerseys...red with black. I tought just wow, you should throw some green and yellow too xD.

But on the other side, now our tournament team (we paly in different teams and divisions, but get together few times a year to play tournaments) will have new jerseys that are based of Anaheim Ducks stadium series jersey. I was only joking that we can go orange, but guys found it great idea...

Same here with sell what I don't need and old. Really have no point in keeping the old stuffs. Need the space... to buy more new toys!

Biggest obstacles to sell the old stuffs to me are having to deal with annoying people from Kijiji, and having to somewhat clear/recondition the items before selling, I just feel bad with the items all ugly and smelly.

Still have an old Bauer RX9 pads and catcher sitting in the closest... really need to get rid of them.

8 hours ago, mik said:

Same experience, I used to have white-blue-silver equipment and then new team jerseys...red with black. I tought just wow, you should throw some green and yellow too xD.

But on the other side, now our tournament team (we paly in different teams and divisions, but get together few times a year to play tournaments) will have new jerseys that are based of Anaheim Ducks stadium series jersey. I was only joking that we can go orange, but guys found it great idea...

While I do actually like the retro tan look... I also made my last set just that for the practical reason of going w/ everything (or perhaps some would say goes w/ nothing.) I play on a team that is blue/white... another that is red/white... and in a draft league where you don't know what color you'll be from session to session. It's also the reason why my current mask has remained stock white. I'd love to get it painted but the all white sorta compliments the retro theme (at least that's what I tell myself.)

I don't get rid of gear that I had personalized for me or that I won something significant in.

Yes, I am attached to inanimate objects.

Here's the gear family:

oiyMrGD.jpgTpxpeGR.jpgefFuZqX.jpg78cjlt7.jpg

DaAqT1N.jpgLSHj1x2.jpg

The mitts are getting replaced in <1 month. They're the best gloves I could have ever hoped for (except the blocker has basically no spoiler and instead has the V1-esque slow curve throughout), but they were made for me when I was 14, every shot to the glove is a stinger, even if it closes and seals like an absolute dream. I probably should have shrank these down a little bit, but not worth it. Feel free to make fun of my toe laces that "do nothing," I tried the smart straps and could not get enough slack in them for them to feel like they weren't torquing my knees every butterfly, I really have no idea how anyone deals with that. The only pair of pads that I'm missing here from the ones I've used in my life are some Vaughn Visions (Osgood era Visions, with the swoosh) that my brother and I shared. Went to a Quebecois school in those things and boy was butterfly sliding in them a task.

Edited by keeperton

On 1/31/2018 at 7:43 PM, Punisher Goalie said:

Simply could not resist the pro stock CCM pants on GoalieMonkey. Picked these up to go with my Bucky tan Optiks. They look and feel excellent. Now I just need a jersey that goes with them!

E75CFC93-94BF-4564-ADDF-2B5E2FBC8F22.thumb.jpeg.cf86aed18a7bf7077b69136cca624cde.jpeg

haha, i just ordered a pair of the calgary flames pro stocks pff there last night

On 1/31/2018 at 7:43 PM, Punisher Goalie said:

Simply could not resist the pro stock CCM pants on GoalieMonkey. Picked these up to go with my Bucky tan Optiks. They look and feel excellent. Now I just need a jersey that goes with them!

E75CFC93-94BF-4564-ADDF-2B5E2FBC8F22.thumb.jpeg.cf86aed18a7bf7077b69136cca624cde.jpeg

Great pick up!! 13A feel so good... have me wondering how I put up with inner thigh blocks for as long as I did. Super mobile and great protection!! 

18 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Great pick up!! 13A feel so good... have me wondering how I put up with inner thigh blocks for as long as I did. Super mobile and great protection!! 

Thanks! I know this is ridiculous, but I haven't worn mine yet - still don't know what jersey to wear! I did find uncrested Millionaires style jersey and socks, may just go for the full look!

26 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Thanks! I know this is ridiculous, but I haven't worn mine yet - still don't know what jersey to wear! I did find uncrested Millionaires style jersey and socks, may just go for the full look!

That'll look NICE!! You'll have to get some pics of that to post. 

Not sure what pants you're wearing now... but I wouldn't go back to the old bulky style ever again. I'm on what would likely be considered the shorter side in this era of goaltending so mobility is priority 1 for me and the 13As deliver just that. I plan on doing a full review in another month or so.

Edited by BadAngle41

On 2018-02-10 at 1:40 AM, ruckus007 said:

Just had a friend refurb my Mage RS. Frost white with 2 coats of matte clear. 1/4" red edge wrap. Red straps and clips, red Maltese and just waiting for sportmask to send me the new cage which will be red as well. 

@ruckus007 Looks great. Do you mind sharing how much the cage from Sportmask cost, details on ordering? Thanks.