Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

my custom Brian’s optik set with demko graphic and thin blue line flags.  Ordered from the Goalie Crease.  36+2 FLY, primo toe bindings, name embroidery, double t with 1” deep skate lace pocket and reenforced, XL Palms on catcher and blocker, primo in high wear areas on blocker fingers/ thumb. 

053C2E6E-7863-4C8C-8698-3293B390F733.jpeg

1F05B6F0-4056-4AA5-84A1-66B0FC35FF9F.jpeg

D0A0C8F7-E093-4FDE-858C-1D8A52296270.jpeg

9A9D052E-34E8-4975-95E6-623234ED970A.jpeg

B185671C-DD9D-4638-BF94-CF5A015C5718.jpeg

799E98DB-60A5-4F7D-95C0-B2937E39C00A.jpeg

FDF133F6-8108-42D4-B1DF-D5536BA82D9B.jpeg

CEB447D9-FC37-4EA3-85E6-2ED819BC6661.jpeg

• Like 1

On 25/01/2018 at 1:04 AM, Murray said:

Third game back, everything is pretty dialed in. Really, realling enjoying the Optiks so far.

Interesting note: Coming back off an ankle injury, I'm testing out a pair of Graf DM1080s, which are a pretty big change from my VHs on Bauer cowlings. So far, so good.

image1 (2).jpeg

wow that setup with the jersey is pure sexyness:giggity:

1 hour ago, itis121 said:

Does anybody have custom/moded strapping setup on their pads here? Heres mine (excuse the horrible picture, only picture I have on hand). 20180213_124955.thumb.jpg.07bc9666c8e2497ef43ff546079ccb7b.jpg

I did when I had bauers. 

@Doobiesnax has done lots to his as well. 

My G3's have modestly modded straps too I suppose. (removed nylon strap from knee sling, separated calf sling wrap from the calf wing, and k-strap to pull my into the leg more, as well as bungee toe-ties in place of the ARS strap). 

On 1/25/2018 at 1:04 AM, Murray said:

I'm testing out a pair of Graf DM1080s, which are a pretty big change from my VHs on Bauer cowlings. So far, so good.

Murray, any chance you could shed some more light on the DM1080s you've tested? I'm starting from scratch to build a new setup and was considering these or the new AS1s that are due out soon. Haven't been able to see either skate in person so just trying to gather info relative specs vs the cowlingless Bauers.

2 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Murray, any chance you could shed some more light on the DM1080s you've tested? I'm starting from scratch to build a new setup and was considering these or the new AS1s that are due out soon. Haven't been able to see either skate in person so just trying to gather info relative specs vs the cowlingless Bauers.

Would be really interested in a review as well if ever you have time @Murray

17 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Not sure what's giving you more HP... the FMIC... larger turbo... or the iced tea can. Either way... looks like you're pushing 500. Rebuild the drive train while you were at it as well?

603 whp on E85 Cobb flex fuel kit on mustang dyno. Has exedy triple disc clutch and DSS axles and driveshaft. 

1 hour ago, Wrbsti15 said:

603 whp on E85 Cobb flex fuel kit on mustang dyno. Has exedy triple disc clutch and DSS axles and driveshaft. 

Impressive. So you bought the STI for the 2.5L over the WRX 2.0L... then replaced every other engine component. Fun project. Any chance you've added some pots to the brakes? On second thought you'd better not tell me in case you did... then I'll waste the 1/2 work day I have left when not looking at goal equipment checking out new brake setups.

I do appreciate you giving me a data point for when I start talking about modifying the Forester XT more and my wife gives me that look though. Had a stage 2 2012 WRX which I loved... but got rid of when we had twins. Only real work (outside of some JDM cosmetics) I've done to it is completely gutting the suspension so it could handle like the WRX frame that it is. With summer stickies on it's not quite one rails... but light years better than a stock Forester... and looks better to boot. 

Perhaps we should move this conversation to the lifestyles... but good work... on both pad selections and the subie. Keep the posts coming.

image.png.60a7e2b7fcc521b7bd87d715d72c4f42.png

Nope, they're 11". Well, they're more like a true 11.25"... I asked Mike to make them 11", and he let me know that with the actual stuffed padding I asked for, they'd be a little over 11". 

I downsized considerably on these pads from my old Kohos, which were 36"+1" (I didn't want a thigh-rise, but they came with one... I didn't know much about that when I ordered them back in 2004). Even though getting shorter pads with no thigh-rise was the most important thing to me, I really wanted to try and keep the width NHL-legal. I didn't mind them being a little over 11", but they're pretty shy of 11.5", and definitely not 12". I have to say, I think the round, padded look definitely contributes to a bit of an optical illusion in which they look a bit wider.