Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

3 hours ago, stackem30 said:

I don't think I've ever posted my full setup, and I figured new pads and a new mask were as good an excuse as any... 

unnamed.thumb.jpg.bdcebd53eef1ac8c1bde7746caf8ee8c.jpgunnamed-1.thumb.jpg.8ab4e2f07870e377a04bae419bc4f8b0.jpg

Pictured

Kenesky Leg Pads, 35" - Custom

Brian Heaton Eyewall Blocker

Stomp Glove - Custom (modeled after Helite IV)

Protechsport Mask (Brodeur Mold)

could we get a pic of the back of the pads?

Thanks (?) My father and his father before him wore signet rings as their wedding rings, so I wanted to keep the tradition going. It's funny, I am a mafia movie buff (I grew up in north Jersey where they filmed The Sopranos, and have watched the entire series 30+ times) and I still never associate signet rings with the mob... but a lot of people sure do, and they're not without reason (though they tend to rock signets on the pinky). Personally, I tend to associate signet rings more with ancient royalty/British gentry/the occult... none of which are remotely relevant to me. But as a kid, I loved pictures of musicians (the Stones in particular) in the 60's and 70's who wore signet rings. Either way, it's an interesting look that I really like... certainly not for everyone, but I love mine, and it was a rare bit of tradition in my family that I wanted to continue.

I was actually inspired by that picture I posted to make a thread about whether goalies play with their wedding rings or not... feel free to check it out.

53 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@stackem30 That was far more of an explanation than I was expecting. I figured you would've just hinted sternly that the longevity of my life is really a fragile thing and that accidents can/will happen, especially to nosy sun-of-a-bitches like myself.

I think you only get threats when it's worn on the pinky finger.. pinky is all business all the time.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Remember when women wore wedding bands on their thumbs? 

How old are you?....

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

I think you only get threats when it's worn on the pinky finger.. pinky is all business all the time.

See, these are the things I need to learn. Clearly my Mafia knowledge is lacking.

1 hour ago, Naz said:

Man those look pillowy soft and sooo comfortable!  Great looking pads.  Which series are they?   And what was turnaround time?

Thank you! They are exactly as your described, and I do love them. 

These were custom, kind of a combination of their Pop's Pro Retro  and Pop's Pro Vintage pads. I'd say they're basically the Vintage line, but with modern protection on the back of the pad. Mike at Kenesky helped me a lot in terms of deciding on the build.

I can't entirely remember what the turnaround time was... I want to say it was 10 weeks from when the order was placed. In all honesty, I held up the process a lot by going over my order 10+ times before giving finally Mike the go-ahead to start building them, and by the time I submitted the order, he'd gotten pretty busy with some orders for the KHL and some other clients. The process did involve a little patience with the turnaround time and communication, but I feel that's to be expected (and accepted) when working with a smaller company. I was treated well by Mike the whole time, he was a real pleasure to talk gear with, and in the end he delivered a beautiful custom pad with every single detail I requested. I have nothing bad to say about my experience with Kenesky!

That said, things seem to have picked up at Kenesky recently with hirings and increased interest, so I have no idea what the turnaround time will be like these days.

Also... were you GNaz back on GSBB, by any chance? If you were, I seem to recall you had a cool Hextall avatar (I spend way too much time on that site..). I saw that someone had a pretty cool Hextall-inspired set by Kenesky. Not saying you'd be interested, but I thought it was nice work!

4 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Thank you! They are exactly as your described, and I do love them. 

These were custom, kind of a combination of their Pop's Pro Retro  and Pop's Pro Vintage pads. I'd say they're basically the Vintage line, but with modern protection on the back of the pad. Mike at Kenesky helped me a lot in terms of deciding on the build.

I can't entirely remember what the turnaround time was... I want to say it was 10 weeks from when the order was placed. In all honesty, I held up the process a lot by going over my order 10+ times before giving finally Mike the go-ahead to start building them, and by the time I submitted the order, he'd gotten pretty busy with some orders for the KHL and some other clients. The process did involve a little patience with the turnaround time and communication, but I feel that's to be expected (and accepted) when working with a smaller company. I was treated well by Mike the whole time, he was a real pleasure to talk gear with, and in the end he delivered a beautiful custom pad with every single detail I requested. I have nothing bad to say about my experience with Kenesky!

That said, things seem to have picked up at Kenesky recently with hirings and increased interest, so I have no idea what the turnaround time will be like these days.

Also... were you GNaz back on GSBB, by any chance? If you were, I seem to recall you had a cool Hextall avatar (I spend way too much time on that site..). I saw that someone had a pretty cool Hextall-inspired set by Kenesky. Not saying you'd be interested, but I thought it was nice work!

Thanks for the great response and info!  I have been spending a lot of time on the Kenesky website the past couple of months haha!  I saw that Hextall inspired set, so nice!  Probably within the next year I will touch base with them about getting a set done.

And yep, that was me on the GSBB!

5 minutes ago, Naz said:

Thanks for the great response and info!  I have been spending a lot of time on the Kenesky website the past couple of months haha!  I saw that Hextall inspired set, so nice!  Probably within the next year I will touch base with them about getting a set done.

And yep, that was me on the GSBB!

Cool man, good luck with that! I do not get new gear very often (this was my first set of pads since 2004!), and I was very particular about what I wanted. I would have gotten a newer set of pads a couple of years ago, but I wasn't really convinced that anything on the market was exactly what I was looking for. After zeroing in on Kenesky and talking to Mike, I was pretty convinced... and today I am very happy with my decision. PM me if you ever want/need more info.

• Thanks 1