Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

2 hours ago, thebigm said:

How are the belly blocks?  I find they seem a little flimsy to me compared to other units and not very thick.  Did you get any shots to the belly?

Yes, I had a few shots and didn't feel a thing. The material also absorbs the puck very well. I was really impressed.

I've only wore Vaughn the last 8-9 years and this was the first CCM product (aside from stick and neck guard).

On 5/16/2018 at 1:26 AM, Aquilzz said:

Haven't seen a lot of info/pictures on the "floating Anchor T" from Brian's, but I took the risk and am hoping it pays off. The pocket/surface area of lace is MASSIVE and it's not even a +1" T!

fullsizeoutput_731.thumb.jpeg.84ad74decb22f957118ce652c9804e4a.jpeg

IMG_2266.thumb.jpg.770f4989190ad427a9613f683d28a889.jpg

That's a really nice looking set! Can't wait to hear how the floating T works out for you.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:43 PM, motowngoalie said:

@Thatwentin!? nice work!! Can Warrior do add-ons like that? I've been wondering since I saw the red maple leaf on Shannon Szabados' G4's for the Olympics (it's near the bottom of the outer roll). @Kirk3190 any insight on that by chance....?

We did embroider the red maple leaf on Shannon's Olympic R/G4 set.  For now, it's just something we're offering to Pro & College level goaltenders.

• Like 1

Hey All,

Came over from GSBB and decide to post some gear that no one will most likely care about, since my pads are from 2008 or so, and they're still holding up great and I love em! 

Pete Smith 35+1 pads (pic was taken when I first got em, if they were this clean still you would I am REALLY bad ?)

SmithPads004.jpg

And here is my mask I got painted around 2011 from Headstrong, I believe this is when they first began, mine might have been one of the first few masks? Not sure.

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

All my old gear is still going strong! 

Edited by Traktor31
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Traktor31 said:

Hey All,

Came over from GSBB and decide to post some gear that no one will most likely care about, since my pads are from 2008 or so, and they're still holding up great and I love em! 

Pete Smith 35+1 pads (pic was taken when I first got em, if they were this clean still you would I am REALLY bad ?)

SmithPads004.jpg

And here is my mask I got painted around 2011 from Headstrong, I believe this is when they first began, mine might have been one of the first few masks? Not sure.

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

All my old gear is still going strong! 

Dude - are you in Ottawa? Some very specific images on your mask that I can’t imagine someone NOT in Ottawa would have.

18 hours ago, MadsM said:

That's a really nice looking set! Can't wait to hear how the floating T works out for you.

Used it tonight! Wow do pucks DIE in that pocket, but I still get a bigger feel for the puck entering than I expected. the T and skate lace are obviously super soft, and combined with the thumb angle on the Optik glove, I probably don't even have to close my glove in other for a puck to stay in. 

Of course this is just an anecdotal, one time thing...and I probably jinxed it just by saying it worked well so early :P

4 hours ago, erik19 said:

IMG_1631.jpg

Finally, an XP glove that matches the set! Because of course in true Vaughn fashion, one of the pieces HAS to mismatch the others. Thought they fixed that problem on the SLRs, but... ? At least the standard VE8 graphic zones match, but the XP honestly looks like the better option IMO.

7 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Used it tonight! Wow do pucks DIE in that pocket, but I still get a bigger feel for the puck entering than I expected. the T and skate lace are obviously super soft, and combined with the thumb angle on the Optik glove, I probably don't even have to close my glove in other for a puck to stay in. 

Of course this is just an anecdotal, one time thing...and I probably jinxed it just by saying it worked well so early :P

Finally, an XP glove that matches the set! Because of course in true Vaughn fashion, one of the pieces HAS to mismatch the others. Thought they fixed that problem on the SLRs, but... ? At least the standard VE8 graphic zones match, but the XP honestly looks like the better option IMO.

Just curious if you've used a double T to compare with the floating. I'm planning on getting a full set of Optiks in the next few months and have been going back and forth on ordering the floating anchor T or a double T.

13 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Dude - are you in Ottawa? Some very specific images on your mask that I can’t imagine someone NOT in Ottawa would have.

Nope! I live in Michigan. I have been a Sens fan since 1993 though. So when I got the mask painted I asked for a Sens theme with Animal from the Muppets. Got some sketches and I liked it! 

Don't worry, people ask me why I am a Sens fan all the time. 

11 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

10 hours ago, Droner said:

Just curious if you've used a double T to compare with the floating. I'm planning on getting a full set of Optiks in the next few months and have been going back and forth on ordering the floating anchor T or a double T.

@Aquilzz glad to hear you like it. I posted my floating anchor T mod that I did to my 1S glove with skate lace. I found that the feel of the puck hitting the pocket was much softer (even having had skate lace previously) but I still got a decent “snap” sound because the puck was hitting the wide T on the 1S.

@Droner I have the 1S described above with the floating anchor T and my Optik double T. The Optik pocket is so big that the only major difference I’ve noticed is that with the floating T, I have a harder time dropping the puck out of the pocket. So I’ve found that I can’t reliably release the puck to play it quickly after a catch. If I have to shake the glove to get it out, I’m worried about where its going to go. With my Optik, I just open the glove and it drops straight down.  

2 hours ago, Traktor31 said:

Nope! I live in Michigan. I have been a Sens fan since 1993 though. So when I got the mask painted I asked for a Sens theme with Animal from the Muppets. Got some sketches and I liked it! 

Don't worry, people ask me why I am a Sens fan all the time. 

Wow - well that brings my very scientific survey of "Sens fans who live outside of Ottawa" tally to a staggering total of... 1.

In a related survey (because: science) of the number of Sens fans who have a good hockey-based reason to be a Sens fan - within Ottawa and without - stands at zero :giggle:

12 hours ago, Droner said:

I've always been a double T guy (basically grew up in the Velocity series), but I don't know if I've used the floating enough on ice to really compare. The floating spine (combined with the skate lace) is extremely soft, and there is a lot of lace for pucks to die in. My theory was that the Anchor T was a good middle ground to get the benefits of puck feeling in single Ts and retention in double Ts. The floating aspect also helps with closure! I've had my problems with Brian's gloves in the past, but the Optik glove has closed really well on me so far (hopefully I don't jinx it)!

6 hours ago, ruckus007 said:

IMG-20180428-WA0000.jpeg

Nice set! Did you go for SR or Pro? There's a ton of potential with the Warrior colour zones, but sometimes simple graphics just work!

• Like 1