Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Three of my recent pickups in one pic lol. True one piece skates, Next gen Monster Pro Toe bridge (RYNO), and the Sparx!

@Bgums13 @bunnyman666 IMO the one pieces are a dream come true. Perfect fit, of course, but for me the perfect balance of height, pitch, and attack angle. I’ve been taking some notes with the thought of writing a full review at some point. The zero energy loss thing is legit. They are like Ferraris for your feets.

My only complaint so far is that the holes in the holder area limit your options for toe ties alternatives. If you tie with traditional laces of course you are fine. Original HALs don’t fit through the toe hole, stock ProLaces are too short to reach the middle hole and still fasten correctly (and my skates are prob the equivalent of size 7s), Brian’s smart strap you have to mash through. Looks like HAL TLGs (the smaller ones) would fit.

Anyway, I solved that with the new version of the RYNO. Excellent product now that its made from Jenpro or weave with higher quality stitching and jenpro attachments for the laces. Super happy with these and of course it takes 2 seconds to attach to the leg pads.

The Sparx just rules. There are tons of reviews online and they are all consistent. Its laughably easy to set up and sharpen. With the Trues or any cowlingless goalie skate you don’t even need to goalie adapters (although they are included with the machine). I did one sharpening at 1” and it was flawless. 99 more to go and this thing pays for itself!

9F304469-9CFB-4CBE-860B-EC59F69F3FC6.thumb.jpeg.ec57575995e28a698fd2c29197cc6137.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Three of my recent pickups in one pic lol. True one piece skates, Next gen Monster Pro Toe bridge (RYNO), and the Sparx!

@Bgums13 @bunnyman666 IMO the one pieces are a dream come true. Perfect fit, of course, but for me the perfect balance of height, pitch, and attack angle. I’ve been taking some notes with the thought of writing a full review at some point. The zero energy loss thing is legit. They are like Ferraris for your feets.

My only complaint so far is that the holes in the holder area limit your options for toe ties alternatives. If you tie with traditional laces of course you are fine. Original HALs don’t fit through the toe hole, stock ProLaces are too short to reach the middle hole and still fasten correctly (and my skates are prob the equivalent of size 7s), Brian’s smart strap you have to mash through. Looks like HAL TLGs (the smaller ones) would fit.

Anyway, I solved that with the new version of the RYNO. Excellent product now that its made from Jenpro or weave with higher quality stitching and jenpro attachments for the laces. Super happy with these and of course it takes 2 seconds to attach to the leg pads.

The Sparx just rules. There are tons of reviews online and they are all consistent. Its laughably easy to set up and sharpen. With the Trues or any cowlingless goalie skate you don’t even need to goalie adapters (although they are included with the machine). I did one sharpening at 1” and it was flawless. 99 more to go and this thing pays for itself!

9F304469-9CFB-4CBE-860B-EC59F69F3FC6.thumb.jpeg.ec57575995e28a698fd2c29197cc6137.jpeg

We're going to have nearly identical setups soon :) 

The Sparx is one of the best investments I've ever made (though how you can skate on 1" is beyond me... I use 3/8"). I have VH now but getting True for christmas. I was debating 1 piece vs 2 piece and I think I'm going to go 1 piece.

And yeah the new RYNO (I think they call it PRO BRIDGE now?) is fantastic. Fun fact, I got this email from Laura:

Jeff asked me to tell you thank you and he almost called it the Jones’ spec but didn’t want to pay you any royalties ?

I bugged him CONSTANTLY about putting jenpro over the tab from day one! Mostly because my pads are black, my skates are black, my laces are black, my shock cord is black... and then my toe bridge was white. Yech! lol. 

4 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

We're going to have nearly identical setups soon :) 

The Sparx is one of the best investments I've ever made (though how you can skate on 1" is beyond me... I use 3/8"). I have VH now but getting True for christmas. I was debating 1 piece vs 2 piece and I think I'm going to go 1 piece.

And yeah the new RYNO (I think they call it PRO BRIDGE now?) is fantastic. Fun fact, I got this email from Laura:

I bugged him CONSTANTLY about putting jenpro over the tab from day one! Mostly because my pads are black, my skates are black, my laces are black, my shock cord is black... and then my toe bridge was white. Yech! lol. 

Loving the one piece. 

If you’re the one that got him to make the tab out of Jenpro then good on you. With the original RYNO I was constantly worried about wear through the thin plastic. Also the eyelet tabs were terrible. This new model is excellent. My only regret is I got white weave, which don’t go with my tan Optiks at all. Not sure what I was thinking there...

@TheGoalNet is that what the retail “gold” colorway will be? I pre-ordered mine from HM blind and it arrives next week but just curious how it will look. 

@bunnyman666 yeah I was thinking about how to sharpen Extreme steel as I have a set in my two piece skates with the Vertexx cowling. I was thinking I could mod the goalie adapters to be taller if necessary. 

37 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

@TheGoalNet is that what the retail “gold” colorway will be? I pre-ordered mine from HM blind and it arrives next week but just curious how it will look. 

@bunnyman666 yeah I was thinking about how to sharpen Extreme steel as I have a set in my two piece skates with the Vertexx cowling. I was thinking I could mod the goalie adapters to be taller if necessary. 

You can do that, as well. I keep blue tape on hand to protect coatings, but I also use it to measure height. 

17 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

No.

I saw the 2S sticks at retail today, it the sticks I saw were Antique Gold (old Pittsburgh gold, like Crosby rookie year), not to be confused with Sport Gold (Boston/current Pittsburgh/Buffalo).

Incredible sticks.  I like how they thinned out the paddle at the edges around the Ergo Spine.  Reminds me of the old Hespeler goalie sticks. 

On 5/17/2018 at 8:59 AM, Aquilzz said:

Nice set! Did you go for SR or Pro? There's a ton of potential with the Warrior colour zones, but sometimes simple graphics just work!

It's just the SR set as my budget this year didn't allow me to go custom. That said, the color way is a stock graphic color. But I like it cuz it matches my CBJ And Team Canada Jerseys =)

7 hours ago, CJ17 said:

@Punisher Goalie I'm surprised you have trouble getting your HALs through your one piece True skates.  I have the same setup and have had no issues using the HALs with the one piece True.

Are you putting them through the front toe hole? Or just the middle one? Bc I can see that I can push them through the middle one but I wanted to go through both and criss-cross. 

On 5/20/2018 at 7:50 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

Are you putting them through the front toe hole? Or just the middle one? Bc I can see that I can push them through the middle one but I wanted to go through both and criss-cross. 

My hals go through my 1pc crisscross without an issue using front hole first ps what you getting your hollow cut at 

4 hours ago, Bgums13 said:

My hals go through my 1pc crisscross without an issue using front hole first ps what you getting your hollow cut at 

I’ll take a pic. Maybe mine have a smaller toe hole? The TLGs just barely fit (yes I’ve tried everything lol). 

I’m on a 1” hollow on mine. I’ve always liked a shallow hollow, even on player skates. Im trying to improve my skating and thinking I need to experiment with something like 1/2” and actually use my edges for once haha

9 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

I’ll take a pic. Maybe mine have a smaller toe hole? The TLGs just barely fit (yes I’ve tried everything lol). 

I’m on a 1” hollow on mine. I’ve always liked a shallow hollow, even on player skates. Im trying to improve my skating and thinking I need to experiment with something like 1/2” and actually use my edges for once haha

Try something slightly deeper. I say an 11/16”. 1/2” would be way too grabby. 

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Try something slightly deeper. I say an 11/16”. 1/2” would be way too grabby. 

2 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

I had my shop put the SAM profile on at 1/2” my first skate was pretty intense felt like I was on 1/4”, well I just skated tonight and gave it another shot at 1/2” and that’s where I’m staying 

6 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Sorry for being dense but what is the SAM profile?

It’s not for everyone but it’s a triple combo profile I believe it’s a 10 radius front 2” of flat in the center and a 27 radius rear 

3 minutes ago, Bgums13 said:

It’s not for everyone but it’s a triple combo profile I believe it’s a 10 radius front 2” of flat in the center and a 27 radius rear 

Triple combo profile on a goalie skate? Why do you like the toe being such a small radius? Do you feel you get better pushes, or what?