Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

13 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I was like a mostly white pad guy with some black, but after a year of playing I saw what kind of damage puck marks can do haha so I thought why not black, and went with something new.  Taking too long!

I will post once I get them.

I agree. All black looks good for longer, in my opinion. Especially the nylon material.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Warrior CR1 stick with Mrazek curve.  Absolutely loving it so far.

Welcome fellow "Foam Core Till I Die" brother.

My CR1 I've had since November is still holding up very well. It's dinged and scratched up to hell, but it's durability and performance isn't affected. Just doesn't look as pretty.

Still haven't even touched my backup yet.

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Warrior CR1 stick with Mrazek curve.  Absolutely loving it so far.

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

My CR1 I've had since November is still holding up very well. It's dinged and scratched up to hell, but it's durability and performance isn't affected. Just doesn't look as pretty.

I too have been a steadfast "Foam Core Guy"... but already have plans to pick up a couple 25" Mrazek CR1s once it gets closer to me getting back on the ice. REALLY want to do a custom 3 pack... but can't see spending an extra $100 USD on top of an already expensive stick.

1 minute ago, BadAngle41 said:

I too have been a steadfast "Foam Core Guy"... but already have plans to pick up a couple 25" Mrazek CR1s once it gets closer to me getting back on the ice. REALLY want to do a custom 3 pack... but can't see spending an extra $100 USD on top of an already expensive stick.

Yea, I've never found getting custom sticks to be worth it. It's like getting a custom coloured jock or C/A. No one except you will ever care about it. :P

Plus, the Silver on Black looks good by default anyways.

10 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Stationary exercise bike, to help rehab my stupid MCL. Does that count? If you think about it, CCM stands for Canada Cycle and Motor...

Man, "injured me" is lame... :shakehead:

I'm in the same boat... bought a new gym membership for when I can actually work out again and not just do rehab "exercises." At this point I'm allowed on a stationary bike... but in order to avoid stress on my hip I have to have seat up so high it cramps the 'ole wedding tackle. Being on the IR sucks. ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, I've never found getting custom sticks to be worth it. It's like getting a custom coloured jock or C/A. No one except you will ever care about it. :P

Hey... don't go knocking custom colored C/A... you're only saying that because you haven't seen my Passau yet (nor have I for that matter.) They say it'll ship out the week of the 18th. I'll make a custom C/A believer out of yet. Elitists... 

Edited by BadAngle41

58 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I still use my Swagger warmup stick for warmups.  Helps keep excessive wear from warmups from prematurely wearing the CR1(though I always do this, I always have a stick designated for warmups to help my game sticks last longer).  Plus going from the slightly heavier Swagger foam core to the slightly lighter composite makes the composite feel a little lighter than it probably is.  And it is only a slight difference, the Swagger sticks are pretty damn light for a foam core stick.

51 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Silver and black doesn't match my gear at all but it matches my team's jersey perfectly, especially with the green stripes are the top of the paddle.  I also do not notice any significant vibration coming from the stick so idk what IBfreely's problem was.  He was just a big baby bitch.  If I can sell any of my other two new spare Swaggers I will definitely buy another CR1.

4 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Hey... don't go knocking custom colored C/A... you're only saying that because you haven't seen my Passau yet (nor have I for that matter.) They say it'll ship out the week of the 18th. I'll make a custom C/A believer out of yet. Elitists... 

How about you show me your C/A after 6 months of use? ;) This elitist wears black gear as it hides sweat stains. :rofl:

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I still use my Swagger warmup stick for warmups.  Helps keep excessive wear from warmups from prematurely wearing the CR1(though I always do this, I always have a stick designated for warmups to help my game sticks last longer).  Plus going from the slightly heavier Swagger foam core to the slightly lighter composite makes the composite feel a little lighter than it probably is.  And it is only a slight difference, the Swagger sticks are pretty damn light for a foam core stick.

Silver and black doesn't match my gear at all but it matches my team's jersey perfectly, especially with the green stripes are the top of the paddle.  I also do not notice any significant vibration coming from the stick so idk what IBfreely's problem was.  He was just a big baby bitch.  If I can sell any of my other two new spare Swaggers I will definitely buy another CR1.

:giggle:

Yea, I noticed a lot more of the vibration when I first started using the stick. Not sure if that's because it was me just getting used to composites or if the Vibexx gel stuff gets better with more use? Not sure.

Either way, I have zero issues with my stick and am going to be hard pressed to go back to foam cores. It's just too bad they're so expensive.

29 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Looks brand new...

3 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

He obviously has a time machine....   Looks like a good match for those Visions you snagged from me @Naz!

Yup yup, never been used, mint!  Yet game ready!
It is a PERFECT match for the Visions @Doobiesnax !  One of the reasons I snagged it.  Now just need a black and blue blocker

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

:giggle:

Yea, I noticed a lot more of the vibration when I first started using the stick. Not sure if that's because it was me just getting used to composites or if the Vibexx gel stuff gets better with more use? Not sure.

Either way, I have zero issues with my stick and am going to be hard pressed to go back to foam cores. It's just too bad they're so expensive.

I notice no difference in vibration going from warmups with the Swagger to game situations with the CR1.  The only difference, other than weight, is the sound.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

How about you show me your C/A after 6 months of use? ;) This elitist wears black gear as it hides sweat stains. :rofl:

Yeah... it will certainly show wear and sweat much more than a black unit. Honestly though, I had a Vaughn Epic 8000 for 5-6 years (i think) before picking up the CCM Premier and while it was by no means pristine... it wasn't terrible either.

1324895249_Epic(2015-05-08).jpg.4727ea243d8ad87e9afd9042a994ebe5.jpg

• Like 1