Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

34 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Love the all-black set you're wearing in your picture ;)

People should get what they like, and I think that a vintage Cooper-inspired chesty is pretty sweet. I mean, nobody's gonna see it on the ice, but I'm sure BadAngle is well aware that it will eventually show some stain. But that thing will still amazing long after it's lost its virginal white look. In a way, that could be part of the appeal. I know I always looked at Brodeur's disgusting white frankenchesty with a mix of horror and intrigue...

Ha thanks, now I'm ALL BLACK with my setup, I had some white in my pads but I didn't mind it to be honest....I wanted a new look, playing 8 years in net it was white and black now my P2s are mostly all black and it looks sick! The problem with white is that it just doesn't look as fresh after a year like the black.  But with equipment that we drag into the musd... like pants, chestys...it will see a lot of sweat and will stain fairly quickly.

27 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Ha thanks, now I'm ALL BLACK with my setup, I had some white in my pads but I didn't mind it to be honest....I wanted a new look, playing 8 years in net it was white and black now my P2s are mostly all black and it looks sick! The problem with white is that it just doesn't look as fresh after a year like the black.  But with equipment that we drag into the musd... like pants, chestys...it will see a lot of sweat and will stain fairly quickly.

I can’t believe it took me this long to pick up an all black set. My G4s are awesome and I absolutely love getting no puck marks, red paint, etc. on them (or, at least not being able to see it!). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

I can’t believe it took me this long to pick up an all black set. My G4s are awesome and I absolutely love getting no puck marks, red paint, etc. on them (or, at least not being able to see it!). 

"But how do you feel knowing that to shooters, you now look like an ant standing in front of a soccer net?" - All goalies circa 2009

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Can't believe it took me this long either! The black looks awesome! 

13 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Red paint is the god damn devil... this is why i hate white gear....  All black all the time....  if there was a way for me to dye my V6 chesty black without it bleeding i would.....  The only reason that white chesties should exist is situations like @BadAngle41 's tribute set up (very cool by the way).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

While I hate all white gear, white based gear definitely has its place.

Plus c'mon, you guys are saying that you don't look at the puck marks on your gear and feel proud? Y'all be crazy.

After a year twice a week we are not very proud of those marks, I still love the white don't get me wrong...that's all I had but a change was due! Still respect the white!

3 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Lay off the white equipment people!!! Looks nice to look at, try after a few ice sessions.

Ha... I posted this to @coopaloop1234 a while back when he had similar feedback... and while yes the new unit will age... it's meant to look vintage. Not to mention, I did have a Vaughn unit a while back that was predominantly white and it didn't get crazy discolored. From that aspect it's about how much you sweat, where it goes, and how (or if) you clean you stuff. Below is when I picked up my Premier next to the outgoing EPIC unit I had used for a number of years. Some discoloration yes, but whatever. 

776795313_Epic(2015-05-08).jpg.a42d425c8bc4879214e5cc83e931a47f.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stackem30 said:

"But how do you feel knowing that to shooters, you now look like an ant standing in front of a soccer net?" - All goalies circa 2009

Yeah not looking to re-open that debate but I’m pretty sure it makes a 0% difference at my level of play. Quick whistles? Oh yeah, I’ve already noticed a difference.

1 hour ago, Doobiesnax said:

Red paint is the god damn devil... this is why i hate white gear....  All black all the time....  if there was a way for me to dye my V6 chesty black without it bleeding i would.....  The only reason that white chesties should exist is situations like @BadAngle41 's tribute set up (very cool by the way).

Yeah the main thing is our nets have crappy paint jobs that rub off extra easy too. 

That Passau C/A is gorgeous. One of the best looking custom C/A's I've ever seen. Period. Love the Cooper throwback design. Job well done! 

And while I didn't notice a huge discolouration on my old Premier 2 C/A, I decided to go all-black on my next C/A, which I bought late 2017. I love all-white and all-black gear, and I think each have its place. My setup right now is all-white with Royal Blue accents. 

Current C/A: CCM AB Pro

1632156008_CCMABProChestProtector.png.244a8af371e9c595dc049ddfa4853383.png

Current setup: Custom CCM Premier 1

815399139_MyCustomCCMPremierSetup.png.588aa0669f8c7965c6365a90fe399424.png

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:
Yeah not looking to re-open that debate but I’m pretty sure it makes a 0% difference at my level of play. Quick whistles? Oh yeah, I’ve already noticed a difference.

That's fine, I still earn my quick whistles the old way: I determine which ref looks more submissive, and yell at them for not blowing the whistle sooner.

Have some pride, man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Hey, different strokes. I love me some puck marks.

The other goalie at my morning skate today asked me what I use to clean my pads. Thought he was talking about disinfectant and said nothing, then he told me about how hard it is to clean the white weave on his set of Brian's. I'm like "oh, these are only 4 skates old, that's why they're still kinda clean" 

5 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

The other goalie at my morning skate today asked me what I use to clean my pads. Thought he was talking about disinfectant and said nothing, then he told me about how hard it is to clean the white weave on his set of Brian's. I'm like "oh, these are only 4 skates old, that's why they're still kinda clean" 

Brian's weave hard to clean...lol. Tell him soap and water won't work..lol. I have a set of Subzero 2 in white weave and I clean them no problem with Mr.Clean magic erasers and water. Only a handful of Marks won't come off but ether then that they look new the start of ever season.

• Like 1

That's one of the reasons I went with a black weave/mesh on the sides with my new Brian's Optiks.  The white will just get so dirty from rusty posts and pucks and it's much harder to clean that material versus other areas of your pads.  I still prefer a predominately white pad on the front and like @Snowman30 leverage the Magic Eraser to clean the pads up from time to time.  If anyone has another other safe cleaning product to leverage please let me know.  I have had to use Googone in the past on pads when stick tape has caused some sticky scuffs and that has worked well.

1 hour ago, Adam Cooper said:

That's one of the reasons I went with a black weave/mesh on the sides with my new Brian's Optiks.  The white will just get so dirty from rusty posts and pucks and it's much harder to clean that material versus other areas of your pads.  I still prefer a predominately white pad on the front and like @Snowman30 leverage the Magic Eraser to clean the pads up from time to time.  If anyone has another other safe cleaning product to leverage please let me know.  I have had to use Googone in the past on pads when stick tape has caused some sticky scuffs and that has worked well.

Was that primo or weave you got on the sliding surface? Just asking cause mine are gonna have white primo and hoping cleaning isn't terrible.

5 hours ago, creasecollector said:

That Passau C/A is gorgeous. One of the best looking custom C/A's I've ever seen. Period. Love the Cooper throwback design. Job well done! 

And while I didn't notice a huge discolouration on my old Premier 2 C/A, I decided to go all-black on my next C/A, which I bought late 2017. I love all-white and all-black gear, and I think each have its place. My setup right now is all-white with Royal Blue accents. 

My P1s went pink in no time! Rub alcohol or something when you see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam Cooper said:

I’ve got white optislide material.  It has gotten marked up by pucks and is not as easy to clean. I find Goo Gone is best so far. Magic Eraser is not great on this material. I’ll have reach out to Brian’s for advice on this as Goo Gone might be bad to use. @Jacob Musselman

EA774221-5C30-4FD6-87B9-C953D4BE29EC.jpeg

3C872DF4-D8B4-4CB2-B1ED-E90FBFBC3CCD.jpeg

Talk to Brian's before you use anything else on the sliding material.  56

7 hours ago, creasecollector said:

Thanks for the kid words on the Passau C/A.

I love the CCM AB Pro... such a great piece of equipment. What are the secs on your Premier 1?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam Cooper said:

I don't clean often. Like @coopaloop1234 I don't mind the visual reminder that occasionally I make a save. When I do clean though I've used a magic eraser... but given it's really just a super fine abrasive... I use it in conjunction with a bucket of water and dish soap or even saddles soap. The soap helps break up the marks and reduce the amount of hard scrubbing which can prematurely damage the surface of jenpro. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adam Cooper said:

I’ve got white optislide material.  It has gotten marked up by pucks and is not as easy to clean. I find Goo Gone is best so far. Magic Eraser is not great on this material. I’ll have reach out to Brian’s for advice on this as Goo Gone might be bad to use. @Jacob Musselman

EA774221-5C30-4FD6-87B9-C953D4BE29EC.jpeg

3C872DF4-D8B4-4CB2-B1ED-E90FBFBC3CCD.jpeg

I'm good with puck marks. Its more so dirt that bothers me