Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Couple of mods debuted last night. 

Professor strap works and feels great. No more pad sliding up and down my leg as I go in and out of my stance. That combined with @SaveByRichter35 and others Pro Laces hack of crossing the laces before threading them through the first hole makes for a very free feeling for my feet. 

Second one is a leather boot strap added to my 2S catcher. With some help from @ha74equipmentmanager on instagram, got it properly threaded through the entire cuff.

And we won, so I guess they worked ;)

20181101_230309.jpg

20181102_140055.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

Professor strap works and feels great. No more pad sliding up and down my leg as I go in and out of my stance. That combined with @SaveByRichter35 and others Pro Laces hack of crossing the laces before threading them through the first hole makes for a very free feeling for my feet. 

Second one is a leather boot strap added to my 2S catcher. With some help from @ha74equipmentmanager on instagram, got it properly threaded through the entire cuff.

Nice, glad it all worked for you!

2 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

20181102_140055.jpg

I have this on my gloves too.  I enjoy the extra tightness.

Nice work.

6 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

20181101_230309.jpg

20181102_140055.jpg

Who did you fleece for that strap?

Oh that part. Got the buckles from a Play it Again Sports store nearby here. Basically any Vaughn retailer can order them new for like $11 each.  Haven't tried contacting Fidlock directly, not sure if you have to be a retailer or bulk buyer. 

The strap was made by Sara at PAW, the nylon web I pulled off my old TotalONE set, the blue connector tabs I just cut out of some spare Jenpro that I have from other projects. 

Edited by Mroy31
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

Oh that part. Got the buckles from a Play it Again Sports store nearby here. Basically any Vaughn retailer can order them new for like $11 each.  Haven't tried contacting Fidlock directly, not sure if you have to be a retailer or bulk buyer. 

The strap was made by Sara at PAW, the nylon web I pulled off my old TotalONE set, the blue connector tabs I just cut out of some spare Jenpro that I have from other projects. 

Just FYI the Fidlock buckles seem to be available on Strapworks, Amazon, and a few other places. Not cheap of course, but very interesting product. I will be picking up a few to experiment with. 

5-1 inch Fidlock V-Buckle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Y8GWJ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sOy3Bb98NA2J6

With the exchange I think that's about the same as I got from PIAS. Might jump on that to have some on hand to put on my c/a. The Kenesky units are using them and that just makes all kinds of sense to me. 

The magnets on the VE8's look to be the Fidlock Snap buckles 

18 hours ago, Obiwanjabroni said:

Just picked up a Sportmask 515 F-Series from The Goalie Crease sale. Haven't seen to many pictures or reviews on the 515 anywhere online. Beautiful mask with a chin only a mother could love.

IMG_2052.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

Nice, can't wait to hear what it's like! 

Also, what made you decide on the 515 versus the other models? Just curious.

3 hours ago, TitanG said:

Nice, can't wait to hear what it's like! 

Also, what made you decide on the 515 versus the other models? Just curious.

Will be taking it for a spin tomorrow.

I previously had the VX-5 and I found it to be too tight in the cheeks, as well as a bit shallow for my head. When I was speaking with Rance, he said that this one fits slightly bigger than the other F-Series models, so I thought I would give it a shot. Fits me pretty close to perfect.  Definitely in the long chin club, as I would say it's almost in line with my previous Bauer Cujo's I've had.

9 hours ago, Math. said:

Dude, you've had this mask since 94?!  Swap it out please.  Treat yourself.

A concussion would cost me a very good career at this point, so, from my cold, dead, hands will you get that mask. Fortunately, there are plans for another. I have found a surrogate that should get me to retirement.

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2018 at 7:22 PM, RichMan said:

My purchase today:

2 Sher-wood GS350 (PP41) foam core sticks, 26", regular in white/blue/red (last ones they had in HABS colourway). They were 125$ea but got them at 88$ea. My only gripe is that they are made in China. Will this have an effect on durability? We shall see. I'm saddened to see such an iconic stick brand source itself overseas for production. Stupid part is that I bet they are using Canadian maple they bought from us to then sell back to us :o 

My current Warrior stick is getting beat up and my Sher-wood 530 is near death so I just had to. Won't use them until I've bought my new pads and blocker. Y'a y'a, crazy I know. I just want to feel "clean" :D 

20181024_145428.jpg

Just wanted to follow up with some interesting numbers on these.

My Warrior Abbys foam core stick weighs 975g
My Sher-wood 530 wood stick weighs 970g
My new Sher-wood GS350 foam core stick weighs in at 852g. That's a BIG difference! Can't wait to try it out.

*All sticks are 26"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichMan said:

Just wanted to follow up with some interesting numbers on these.

My Warrior Abbys foam core stick weighs 975g
My Sher-wood 530 wood stick weighs 970g
My new Sher-wood GS350 foam core stick weighs in at 852g. That's a BIG difference! Can't wait to try it out.

*All sticks are 26"

@RichMan post this on the stick weight database 

On 10/30/2018 at 1:51 PM, Adam Cooper said:

You are going to love those blades.  I now use my stainless steel blades as back up and they are just no where near the same level of performance as the LS 5G Blades. Let us know what you think after you first couple games. 

Unreal... Curious to see how skates until they lose their edge.

But so far, I'm extremely happy with the LS5G steel.  Game changer with the my first venture into a cowlingless skate.  The team I subbed with even commented how great improved my crease movement was.  I got a few "how did you make that save" last night

On 11/3/2018 at 8:49 AM, Mroy31 said:

With the exchange I think that's about the same as I got from PIAS. Might jump on that to have some on hand to put on my c/a. The Kenesky units are using them and that just makes all kinds of sense to me. 

The magnets on the VE8's look to be the Fidlock Snap buckles 

My 5-pack of Fidlock buckles came in. I am VERY impressed with the strength and design. Will definitely be using these for future projects, starting with my C/A attachment to my pants. 

3AA18B74-6CA3-4C06-81D5-BF888D865839.thumb.jpeg.e1cbe03ce2ce7d731a2a6cbbd47132ad.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

My 5-pack of Fidlock buckles came in. I am VERY impressed with the strength and design. Will definitely be using these for future projects, starting with my C/A attachment to my pants. 

3AA18B74-6CA3-4C06-81D5-BF888D865839.thumb.jpeg.e1cbe03ce2ce7d731a2a6cbbd47132ad.jpeg

I have a very make shift fighting strap attached my new CCM EF2 C&A. I never thought about using this style clip, but I might jack your style