Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

1 hour ago, thebigm said:

I will say you will not be disappointed with that v1 pro+ I have been using it for a few months now I can't go back to it.  I will have a full review when they launch it!

So far have loved it. It feels very light, and it's extremely responsive when playing the puck. Also Koskinen's curve isn't too bad. Feels good for saves and passing

11 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

those either have a very short thigh rise or your bending the hell out of them lol

any in stance picks as my pads hit at the top

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The thighrises are essentially folded at a 90 degree angle. 

@coopaloop1234 hit it right on the nail. I have a jiggyfly, so i store my pads upside down typically to get that super curved thighrise. 

11 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Great pick up!! I hope I'm correct in assuming they haven't seen their last days on the ice already. Where did you find them?

LOL!  No.  The kit will be my regular Sunday night kit once my groin recovers.  The Texas Stars videographer had them and wasn't using them, so he kindly sold them to me.  He knew I had the legs.  I am stoked!

-steve

18 hours ago, beansbats said:

So the matching gloves for my McKenna pads showed up yesterday.  I am a happy man.  These were his Calder Cup gloves.

McK Gloves.jpg

McKenna 2S.jpg

The design on the pads looks much deeper here than in any of the other pictures I've found of them. I like it. Care to ship them back to their home here in Dallas ??

22 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

The design on the pads looks much deeper here than in any of the other pictures I've found of them. I like it. Care to ship them back to their home here in Dallas ??

Lol, no.  They have found a home here in Michigan.

Edited by beansbats
Mis-spelling

3 hours ago, Max27 said:

prob something w the profile lock on the ritual pads 

@Kayen is it?

if u want to reverse that into a single break, let me know i'll show you how.

I use to think i need double break like my old smith 5000, but single break works well for me and more coverage when standing and bent, similar to a pre curve.

on the g3 its really flexible pro pads had to stiffen it up.

Pads arrived today and my set is nowcomplete, 17 weeks for pads but only 10 for mitts.

I am super excited about them.  Only 1 error on the set, no Pro Logos on the pads, but I have them on the gloves.  So now I have the controversial VE8 logo on the pads, but I don't mind because I actually like it, plus it matches my gear anyway. 

Here's some pics with our new jerseys, navy/baby blue Penguins, and socks and my new royal Ventus pants with a navy CCM shell. 

I also installed Nash bungee toe ties.

These pads are awesome.  Super light and stiff as a board.

20181115_173637.jpg

20181115_173725.jpg

20181115_173816.jpg

20181115_173843.jpg

20181115_173704.jpg

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1