Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

42 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You jest, but that was my issue that led to the owie. Wasn't square and took it on a weird angle while the C/A shifted from being untucked. I've had a few games since without any issues, hell even liking the C/A again.

And yea, I've found out my ribs do an excellent job at dampening rebounds.

I've always tucked using suspenders only. Found out quickly that wasn't going to work with my new Gen 2 as there is too much slack in the suspenders and my C/A would eventually pop out during the game and stay untucked (and shift around at weird angles which I could see causing gaps etc). Plus it was just uncomfortable, for me untucked.

That said, I started using the lacing on my ccm shield 2 pants to tie to the belly loop (not even that tight) and haven't had any issues since. Still keep the regular suspenders on as well. No Mrazek straps, just as far over the floaters as i can manage without dislocating my shoulders. 

2S Pro size Large, 25% off for black Friday weekend. Sportszone in Waterloo ON laughs in the face of MAP pricing and sale exclusions. 

Looking forward to getting back into a Supreme body with some better arms than my old NXG. Even if I stick with the SLR, couldn't pass up the deal and hopefully make most of my money back. 

20181124_144611.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cuprajake said:

fat man pants

47131347_10157976438140558_5369400781533347840_n.jpg

Hey, Hey......... Not Fat man, just more coverage!

Betcha my pants are bigger than yours!!! ;)

"Everybodys talkin' 'bout my wide pants, 'bout my wide pants. Everybodys talkin' by wide pants, YEAH"

Edited by Chester
  • Haha 2

On 11/24/2018 at 3:01 PM, Mroy31 said:

2S Pro size Large, 25% off for black Friday weekend. Sportszone in Waterloo ON laughs in the face of MAP pricing and sale exclusions. 

Looking forward to getting back into a Supreme body with some better arms than my old NXG. Even if I stick with the SLR, couldn't pass up the deal and hopefully make most of my money back. 

20181124_144611.jpg

I've had the nxg and that thing is built better than the 1s or 2s plus more protective I'd say. Loved the unit, 4 years and not a sting!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I've had the nxg and that thing is built better than the 1s or 2s plus more protective I'd say. Loved the unit, 4 years and not a sting!

The only complaint I had with my NXG was that the arms were either too long or just couldn't strap it right to keep from sliding down and hitting my gloves.  That was well before I was into modding or anything like that.  I'm pretty happy so far with the 2S.

20 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

The only complaint I had with my NXG was that the arms were either too long or just couldn't strap it right to keep from sliding down and hitting my gloves.  That was well before I was into modding or anything like that.  I'm pretty happy so far with the 2S.

I hear ya, the model was builta little longer to protect your wrist. After a while I had no issues with it. I was looking at the 2s, it was soooo light... made me wonder. I ended up with the Premiers for a little more coverage. 

Getting my last pieces of gear to start playing goal on ice:

Normal Passau chest protector (ie not pro-pack) but with Maltese heart guard (might actually be ECOproFoam since Maltese is dead and it isn’t labelled on the unit but is clearly a denser material):

5C513D72-35C7-472A-B2D5-7A1D634BBE0A.thumb.jpeg.50287c44620721946b0a213f830033c9.jpeg

Also got an almost new WGD glove that appears to be a Sherwood T100 glove for a pretty good deal:

5D6815AC-B57B-45C1-BA55-40BD96C2EF44.thumb.jpeg.c308aebfa6bbfbab909786705c17ff7f.jpeg

15 hours ago, wox33 said:

That chesty was so comfortable when I tried it on. Hope I didn’t make a mistake sticking with what I was used to with the Vaughn. 

Yeah, I was very surprised by how comfortable it was, too. The Vaughn V8 Pro I tried didn't impress me; the Shield 2 felt much more plush against the body.

Only thing I'm worried whether the arm and bicep protection is any good. I'll skate with it tomorrow and see.

I like the Vaughn mainly because they haven't really changed it for 3 models now and I know I'm comfortable with it on the ice. After trying 2 other units to replace my V7 and not being able to feel comfortable in either one of them on the ice I just went with what I knew. But man the way the Shield 2 felt without even adjusting anything was pretty amazing.

Had a nice delivery Tuesday evening just before heading to the rink. Ever since I've been back from hip surgery I felt like I was playing off the balls of my feet... pitched forward and not in a more neutral stance like I prefer. After trying to make adjustments I just came to terms with the fact it's likely my steels... and sure enough it was. The DLC Tydans have been fantastic but the local sharpening skills left them with much more steel removed from the front half than the back half of them. So I ordered a new set from goalieparts.com... and went with the gold TIN coating. Skated with them last night and it felt right again. I was slightly concerned about the coating and how well it would do in preventing nicks and burs when kicking posts... but they performed impeccably. Going to have the DLCs brough back to neutral and throw them in the spare steel pouch.

Big thanks to Dennis Kasprowicz for great customer service and having them drop shipped to me. Worth noting if anyone does order a set, the notes field is mandatory when ordering, but i didn't have any special requests so I just threw my number in there as a place holder... but turns out they etched it on there more me... all the better.

image.thumb.png.2429a9e46264c6d7bc4b316e0cdc8e64.png  image.thumb.png.2b90db023f08de41bd571b978cf7a1b5.png

(previously posted in the Tydan vs Step thread)