Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

5 hours ago, RichMan said:

Just won this on Ebay. It's the TGC spec...hope I like it. Big upgrade from my pro-spec H5 from some years ago. Should also be a little better than my Mckenney 870. Starting to feel some sore shots in the arms.

s-l1600.jpg

You mean a downgrade from your H5? ;) But seriously, I got a few years left in my H5 and still think it's the best CA ever made. Light, protective, mobile. Ticks all the boxes. Just needs a heartguard maybe. But since I'm heartless, it doesn't matter ;) I've got a Bauer Reactor 9000 CA lined up next, and the Warrior R/GT felt pretty mobile in the shop. But Somebody should really make clones of the H5, it's like the T5500 of CA's. 

• Like 1

So few bits 

Ccm e3.9 set

Heavy, stiff and bulky. Glove was nice but set went back 

Ccm r1.9 pants to replace my tierd ccm pens pants these will be good.

I have a set of warrior g4 gloves and a pair of warrior gt pads coming today, these will replace my full g4 set as I found the pads tad to big and stiff 

Wosrt bit the UK and EU only had white as an option. Yep I'm that goalie now :(

IMG_20181213_092635_475.jpg

IMG_20181210_094744.jpg

IMG_20181210_170550_392.jpg

51 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

So few bits 

Ccm e3.9 set

Heavy, stiff and bulky. Glove was nice but set went back 

Ccm r1.9 pants to replace my tierd ccm pens pants these will be good.

I have a set of warrior g4 gloves and a pair of warrior gt pads coming today, these will replace my full g4 set as I found the pads tad to big and stiff 

Wosrt bit the UK and EU only had white as an option. Yep I'm that goalie now :(

IMG_20181213_092635_475.jpg

IMG_20181210_094744.jpg

IMG_20181210_170550_392.jpg

Too bad, nice looking set.

Do you know is the e3.9 similar to the pro pads in terms of weight and bulk? My son has a Eflex 860 (SR) set, and I compared his blocker to my Brian's SZ Pro, and the CCM is noticeably heavier. I was wondering if the CCM Eflex Pro blocker is the same weight (?) 

2 hours ago, estogoalie said:

You mean a downgrade from your H5? ;) But seriously, I got a few years left in my H5 and still think it's the best CA ever made. Light, protective, mobile. Ticks all the boxes. Just needs a heartguard maybe. But since I'm heartless, it doesn't matter ;) I've got a Bauer Reactor 9000 CA lined up next, and the Warrior R/GT felt pretty mobile in the shop. But Somebody should really make clones of the H5, it's like the T5500 of CA's. 

Lol What I did like about the H5 Erik is its light mobile minimalist design. What I didn't like was the lack of rib protection and belly thickness. I'm sure there are a few unused pro returns stashed away in a forgotten teams overstock closet. Wish I could get in touch with all the NHL/AHL trainers and ask then to check for me :D

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

GT's always did, they got rid of those offerings on the G4's for whatever reason.

G4 kept the webbing and click straps for Pro only I believe... but the attachments to add them are on the SR model if you wanted to buy a kit and add them. Their rationale was that guys who had the Pro level wanted the extra security of the webbing that that neoprene alone wouldn't give them.

image.thumb.png.543fc9fd67b192272cf36b114f4f3ed8.png

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

G4 kept the webbing and click straps for Pro only I believe... but the attachments to add them are on the SR model if you wanted to buy a kit and add them. Their rationale was that guys who had the Pro level wanted the extra security of the webbing that that neoprene alone wouldn't give them.

Yea, meant to elaborate that in my post but didn't for whatever reason. The SR level G3 and GT's all came with the straps, SR G4's didn't.

I also know what they stated their rational was, I just found it really poor. It's a low cost item that has been found in both previous SR lines but they removed it because "People didn't see the added benefit, oh, but we kept it on our Pro line because they saw the benefit."

That rationale doesn't make too much sense to me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea, meant to elaborate that in my post but didn't for whatever reason. The SR level G3 and GT's all came with the straps, SR G4's didn't.

I also know what they stated their rational was, I just found it really poor. It's a low cost item that has been found in both previous SR lines but they removed it because "People didn't see the added benefit, oh, but we kept it on our Pro line because they saw the benefit."

That rationale doesn't make too much sense to me.

agreed.  i just ordered a set of the XL straps to put on my G3s and I'll keep the webbing for the added security.

2 hours ago, thebigm said:

Posted these on GGSU needed to post them here!

34+2 Vaughn V8

will be writing a initial review and more in depth review as I use them!

048CFDAF-DC2F-4704-8031-E556951DAA74.jpeg

ADE35D89-5111-46F7-AA61-63DA67F00F21.jpeg

89CBF6DA-769D-4C7D-9DAE-BBC366E77492.jpeg

Nice!  These are the first VE8s I've seen in the tan/brown.

Any chance you can flip the pads over so we could see the back?

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Nice!  These are the first VE8s I've seen in the tan/brown.

Any chance you can flip the pads over so we could see the back?

Yes I can 

22 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

spoken like a true a$$man 😂

Can’t blame him! I’m also a a$$man to so I have pictures of the back 😂

D62E8CE4-4AA2-4D1E-97F1-938E577E0588.jpeg

C741E8AE-0914-4F1A-809F-F757231CB879.jpeg

64F9BC4A-EF25-4E1F-9F1A-9138715582C3.jpeg

• Like 2