Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

12 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Guess what came in today (and a week early) 😍 

IMG_0322.thumb.jpg.06c7301e55abfe02fcb6fad1552c5177.jpg

Specs:

Pads

1-3-4
32.5+1"

Smart Cord/Leather Boot
No SBA in knee cradle, landing only
No knee pad tab but still have primo in that area

Blocker
Extra backhand padding
Harder rebounds (Lexan board)
BOA

Glove
Opt1k shinned as Gnetik4
Floating anchor T w/white skate lace
Extra break-in time on "fingers to thumb" closure
Extra 1/2" on velcro tabs
Match new Airknit material from Gnetik
BOA

The floating anchor T is an absolute game changer.

Beauties, well done and great color scheme.

Btw, is the "extra break in time" an additional charge? lol

29 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I am big dumb. What does this mean? I know what a T is and I know what a floating T is. No idea what an anchor or floating anchor T is.

In addition to what @dstew29 said, the T is also a lot skinnier in the pocket, so it creates more lace area to swallow pucks.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I am big dumb. What does this mean? I know what a T is and I know what a floating T is. No idea what an anchor or floating anchor T is.

4 hours ago, dstew29 said:

It's a floating T. I think it just has to do with Brian's patent on the "Anchor T" branding. It's like a standard T but with rigid material to better keep the pocket open i.e. deeper pocket, less pop-outs, etc.

Yep, exactly what @dstew29 said. It's the Brian's "Anchor T", just floating. 
IMG_0327.thumb.jpeg.258d6c282284fadb53fe1a42f53f9141.jpeg

You can see the Anchor T branding and how it is floating. It's a spec I stole off Garret Sparks when he was with the Marlies. Was living in Toronto at the time, and Marlies games are 10 000x cheaper than Leafs games, so I went to a bunch and noticed it. I'm actually not sure if you can get floating double T/Single T? But I imagine you can.

I ordered it on my Optik (which was my first custom Brian's glove) and it makes a HUGE difference. Not only with puck retention, but with closure as well (as the T isn't laced in). The only negative about it is if you get a shot straight into the lace, you might not always feel it. Happened to me a bunch of times where I didn't know where the puck went, and it was in the pocket.

4 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Beauties, well done and great color scheme.

Btw, is the "extra break in time" an additional charge? lol

Nope, no upcharge on the extra break in time. Would recommend it on any custom order. The difference in closure is HUGE between a stock glove and this. 

2 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Nope, no upcharge on the extra break in time. Would recommend it on any custom order. The difference in closure is HUGE between a stock glove and this. 

wow, no brainer then. good on ya Brians!

I thought they were trying to pull the old "here are some bland chips, now do you want guac for a reasonable upcharge?" ...of course we all want guac

image.jpeg.a3befe45b470a4a6321a6795d53dbbfa.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Chester said:

I'll try and do one better, whats BOA?

Bank Of 'Murica

All Brian's gloves come with automatic account withdrawals everytime you play.

It's the BOA strapping system Brian's uses.

https://ingoalmag.com/gear/ingoal-reviews-brians-new-optik-line/

They showcase it in there. It's used in tons of sports.

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

Mail day 😍😁😍

Pasquale pro return stick, matching pants are with Dennis at Factory Mad being repaired. Also, Michel is shipping my mask today and JF Aumais is wrapping it.

Can't freakin' wait to hit the ice. I've never owned new matching equipment before, so this is pretty surreal.

20190122_191600.jpg

Awesome set! Sverige 🇸🇪🇸🇪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max27 said:

love the blurry cat at the bottom 😂

That's what that is?

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

image.png.7e3501008f62d74b2e1e7fdc7e1fb2e7.png

It's only been a day and I'm not letting go of it. I will ensure that all my new gear posts (excluding on-ice or pictures from the manufacturer) include at least one household appliance. Sorry.

Edited by ThatCarGuy

8 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

It's only been a day and I'm not letting go of it. I will ensure that all my new gear posts (excluding on-ice or pictures from the manufacturer) include at least one household appliance. Sorry.

Isn't a day the virtual equivalent of an eternity for a teen? LOL!

As far as this joke, well, I think you can do better, Dude; you've had other funny (and funnier) posts before.

But if you insist on perpetuating this as "your thing," I'm gonna have to call you "ThatApplianceGuy"

Your move, Maytag Man 😋

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Isn't a day the virtual equivalent of an eternity for a teen? LOL!

For some of us you're not wrong! For me though, a day is practically seconds long (unless it's tournament weekend where my day is almost exactly a day long).

5 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

As far as this joke, well, I think you can do better, Dude; you've had other funny (and funnier) posts before.

I'll see what I have to work with and go from there!

5 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

But if you insist on perpetuating this as "your thing," I'm gonna have to call you "ThatApplianceGuy"

Your move, Maytag Man 😋

Is this supposed to make me not want to post appliances?

• Haha 1