Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

Just received pics of my new pads. Boddam Hybrids once again. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! My old ones are white/navy. New ones are dark royal/white. I find I move best in a tapered pad with lots of flex. Very much an old school feel. Tried to square of the toe and thigh on a previous pair of Boddams but I ended up selling them. New blocker coming to which will be my 4th blocker from Boddam. Love the balance. Should match my WGD glove well!

Falk Side.jpg

Falk Pads.jpg

Wdg catcher1.jpg

IMG_20170402_130423_hdr.jpg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@daffy - Nice! couple questions...

I notice the glove mostly has NO binding and the blocker has one. Was this on purpose?

Also, love the early commitment to the look. Any reason for no blue stripe on the blocker face? 

I don’t wanna speak for Don, but when I ordered my Boddam set 3years ago, Jason hadn’t been able to produce a bindingless blocker

@cwarnar is correct. Jason just isn't happy with his bindingless blocker. I didn't want blue binding though so sticking with my tradition, I went all white on the face again. I didn't do a blue stripe on face as without logo on it I think it looks odd. The whole idea here is majority white on gloves, and majority blue on pads.

This is my 4th blocker from Jason. Absolutely love the balance of his blockers. I will argue all day long that a blocker isn't just a blocker. Hand placement, rebounds, feel, handling the puck, all of this I have found that this blocker works best for me.  

13 minutes ago, daffy said:

@cwarnar is correct. Jason just isn't happy with his bindingless blocker. I didn't want blue binding though so sticking with my tradition, I went all white on the face again. I didn't do a blue stripe on face as without logo on it I think it looks odd. The whole idea here is majority white on gloves, and majority blue on pads.

This is my 4th blocker from Jason. Absolutely love the balance of his blockers. I will argue all day long that a blocker isn't just a blocker. Hand placement, rebounds, feel, handling the puck, all of this I have found that this blocker works best for me.  

I agree... One thing I will say, Jason makes really nice blocker/glove.  I loved my Liberator model glove he did for me... nearly a Bionic clone

Long time lurker in the various goalie forums...thought I’d post my gear for once. 

Brians Zero G pads, Lack graphic, boot strap removed, monster toe ties, remaining straps converted to clip, no air cushions or elastic on pad

Passau 60* glove, no graphic with pro palm/paracord double T

Passau blocker, no graphic with minimal bend

*gloves were matched to the pads, black/white weave/gunmetal weave*

Easton OHL return goalie pants with Warrior single-shield knee pads attached via skate lace

Vaughn Ventus 98 chest, foam spacers removed 

RBK cup

Protechsport Roy mask

CCM U+ pro with step steel

about to roll out today with a geeky jersey Alien theme to go with the mask paint  

warrior swagger pro quick pattern 

EC28F37F-FE84-454C-9EE2-ACD6895C3627.jpeg

Edited by Taco
  • Like 1

The new family photo. Pads are "new" to me V4s, Sportmask is a brand new Ricochet. Can't wait to hit the ice in the new year in a pair of Vaughns again. Owned a pair of original Velocities six or seven years ago, then switched to Rbk 8k for no particular reason. Now I'm back. 

M8CRzI0.jpg?1

Edited by littlejackal
  • Like 2

As requested by @TheGoalNet:  The gear photos on top are c. 10/2014, design reference photos follow below and in action at bottom.  I did not like the Smart Strap System as designed.  I have subsequently stripped out the backsides of the pads and 1) modified the leg channel (open channel, open knee cradle) and 2) strapping system (elastic "Price" knee-block to calf strap and nylon "Professor Strap").  I retained the Brian's elastic calf wrap strap and leather boot strap.  Can I call it the Smarter Strap System?  I'll be posting some pictures of the current modified backsides to the gear modification thread.

001 (2).JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

a1.jpg

Bernie pad.3.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

catalog.1.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

AS0T9823.jpg

Edited by FIFTY-SIX
Clarity.
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Pauly35or00 said:

@FIFTY-SIX are those sweet pads made of Bucky or retro-tan? If Bucky did you have to do anything to keep them looking that amazing? Are the leather straps across the shins fake? The whole set is just amazing!

Thank you @Pauly35or00.  Retro-tan Jenpro.  The straps across the pad face are real leather but totally nonfunctional (i.e., purely aesthetic).

Edited by FIFTY-SIX