Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

On 12/24/2017 at 9:10 PM, TheGoalNet said:

@Taco I almost bought those Easton pants so many times over the years... thought they were cool 

How are they as pants? 

They are great pants, especially since I found them NOS on eBay for like 80$ shipped. 

Pro quality protection, super mobile. I would not recommend them for tucking unless you can find huge ones. Minor complaints include no place to attach knee pads which I fixed myself with leather strips and skatelace at waist area. I also think the thin foam pad floating in the front is weak. The protection is really nice but this needs to be thicker and anchored down more. I also think that for being Canadian made, there were some loose ends and things inside the pant and on the front that could have been secured better. 5 mins with a lighter fixed that. 

I have maybe felt like one shot in a year or more of owning these. I’d like to move on to the Brian’s Optik or the two piece CCM pant someday, but it’s kinda hard to justify that when these work so well for as basic as they are. 

4419775F-2396-4103-B228-59084B059FA0.jpeg

A2E789B3-54C9-4659-8F99-6AC1AAD5B732.jpegI just realized that my thumb is in a weird place on the top picture. Please excuse that lol

Edited by Taco
  • Like 1

Just came in. Will add to the feedback in the CR1 thread once I get it on the ice. Very excited. 26” Mzarek curve. Initial observations:

- 26” paddle matches up with 25” Bauer 1S, but Warrior total length is about .5”-1” shorter. 

- Slide grip is legit. This is one of the main features I was interested in because I really dislike tape on the paddle and the Bauer grip on the 1S. Playing around with my blocker on very easy to disingage and go from “short stick” to “long stick” and back. 

- Graphics look really nice with the gloss finish. Thought I wouldn’t like that but I was wrong. 

B11FF342-DA66-4922-BEE3-A35F4F90C3F0.thumb.jpeg.c2e51e3ad13329c8db4a4be3fbe0c4dd.jpeg

6B263B2A-AAE6-4AED-861B-EAD7803F1904.thumb.jpeg.3b52191e158a098c3c80a7537fd98b00.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Punisher Goalie - stock from @TGC-Rance or custom somewhere else? 

Stock from @TGC-Rance. Awesome guy to work with. He stuck with me through about a million emails lol. They just happened to have my exact specs in Bucky. If I had gone custom I was contemplating Retro Tan but seeing the Bucky in person I’m really glad I got these. Not to toot my own horn but they are stunning in person. Love the contrast with the black primo inside surfaces.

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

That set looks HAWT!!!!

Thank you sir

36 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Size and specs?

33+1.5 FLX with 90 deg toe (like my SZ3s). Plan to go Smart Toe laced in loose, no boot strap, open knee, X strap low, and knee pads velcroed in (again, as I really liked in the SZ3s). Skating tomorrow - can’t wait!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

33+1.5 FLX with 90 deg toe (like my SZ3s). Plan to go Smart Toe laced in loose, no boot strap, open knee, X strap low, and knee pads velcroed in (again, as I really liked in the SZ3s). Skating tomorrow - can’t wait!

Can you snap a pic of the knee/calf sliding surface?

@IPv6Freely - Okay, that makes sense. I would still take Opti-Slide over Jenpro starting from my feet, but momentum can reduce the difference. Optil-Slide makes the biggest different on recovery plays or staying with the play while down. So much easier to move from the butterfly from a static position. 

Can't wait to see the reviews from @Hills @Punisher Goalie

54 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@IPv6Freely - Okay, that makes sense. I would still take Opti-Slide over Jenpro starting from my feet, but momentum can reduce the difference. Optil-Slide makes the biggest different on recovery plays or staying with the play while down. So much easier to move from the butterfly from a static position. 

Can't wait to see the reviews from @Hills @Punisher Goalie

I should do a proper review of the Optiks but honestly I didn’t experience anything different enough from what I have now to bother, other than not liking the glove as much as I thought I would.

Oh wait - these are MY Optiks! Heh heh heh.

Specs:

33 + 1.75", FLY Core, 2-2-5 flex, 80º boot

Full Smart Strap

Stiff Kneeblock

Black primo sliding surface

Picture next to my GN3tiks, same size, 2-3-5 flex.

Today's been good...got the go-ahead from the doc to play my first game in 3 months tonight. What a treat.

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3047.JPG

IMG_3048.JPG

IMG_3049.JPG

• Like 1