Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Never seen or heard of it.

There was a time between One100 and TotalOne NXG (I think?) where there was no Supreme, it was just Pro, Elite and something else, for C/A, Pants, Skates.  I had one of the Pro ultra's from The Goalie Crease, it was a tank but the adjustable arms were a bit annoying.

Basically "TotatlOne" era of Pads, Gloves, Sticks, was the "Pro" era of C/A, Pants, Skates

Edited by Mroy31
summarized rambling

36 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

There was a time between One100 and TotalOne NXG (I think?) where there was no Supreme, it was just Pro, Elite and something else, for C/A, Pants, Skates.  I had one of the Pro ultra's from The Goalie Crease, it was a tank but the adjustable arms were a bit annoying.

Basically "TotatlOne" era of Pads, Gloves, Sticks, was the "Pro" era of C/A, Pants, Skates

Something else = Performance

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

Mine does not appear to have adjustable arms, at least not in length (like where it would connect to the shoulders). Trying it out tonight, so I'll see how it is.

35 minutes ago, goalie381 said:

Mine does not appear to have adjustable arms, at least not in length (like where it would connect to the shoulders). Trying it out tonight, so I'll see how it is.

I think the adjustable arms was one of the stock Pro features, so depending on the shop that ordered their Ultra's, it might not have been included.  It was basically a strip of velcro on the bicep that went up through a plastic clip on the shoulder.

My purchase today:

2 Sher-wood GS350 (PP41) foam core sticks, 26", regular in white/blue/red (last ones they had in HABS colourway). They were 125$ea but got them at 88$ea. My only gripe is that they are made in China. Will this have an effect on durability? We shall see. I'm saddened to see such an iconic stick brand source itself overseas for production. Stupid part is that I bet they are using Canadian maple they bought from us to then sell back to us :o 

My current Warrior stick is getting beat up and my Sher-wood 530 is near death so I just had to. Won't use them until I've bought my new pads and blocker. Y'a y'a, crazy I know. I just want to feel "clean" :D 

20181024_145428.jpg

20181024_145456.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichMan said:

My purchase today:

2 Sher-wood GS350 (PP41) foam core sticks, 26", regular in white/blue/red (last ones they had in HABS colourway). They were 125$ea but got them at 88$ea. My only gripe is that they are made in China. Will this have an effect on durability? We shall see. I'm saddened to see such an iconic stick brand source itself overseas for production. Stupid part is that I bet they are using Canadian maple they bought from us to then sell back to us :o 

My current Warrior stick is getting beat up and my Sher-wood 530 is near death so I just had to. Won't use them until I've bought my new pads and blocker. Y'a y'a, crazy I know. I just want to feel "clean" :D 

20181024_145428.jpg

20181024_145456.jpg

For some reason I've always liked the look of Sher-wood sticks.  They indeed look clean with just the right amount of classic in the rendering of the brand name on the paddle. 

Very nice purchase sir, especially at that price point.

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2018 at 1:51 PM, Obiwanjabroni said:

Some of my gear from the past few seasons I thought I'd share.

Sold most of the masks on GGSU, before I got rid of facebook. Still looking for some of the long chins back.

IMG_1249.JPG

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2116.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

That is a lot of awesome in a single place, and those sock pattern Bauer....man they are sexy!

Edited by Math.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:51 AM, Obiwanjabroni said:

Some of my gear from the past few seasons I thought I'd share.

Sold most of the masks on GGSU, before I got rid of facebook. Still looking for some of the long chins back.

IMG_1249.JPG

Wow, I really like that mask on the far left.  Like, a lot.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jblack151 said:

Last week was Christmas in October for me. Received my True 2 piece skates, followed by my Optik C/A and Optik pants. I’ll work on getting these broken in while I wait to order my GNETIK IV set soon. 

5BFA794E-B1E9-4A08-AFDC-F2CF8700A488.jpeg

1263B366-4BF6-4BBF-B2BD-891FBA59D5FA.jpeg

A102F8BA-2DFA-4921-AEF1-F68392D451A3.jpeg

Funny, a few of us were just discussing the skate subject in the dressing room. One guy commented his skates have felt like slippers ever since he had them molded to his feet. I chimed in with, ive never had that feeling with skates. A bunch of others same. 

So, begs the question, only custom molded skates for "no foot pain/issues and that slipper feeling"?

10 minutes ago, Chester said:

Funny, a few of us were just discussing the skate subject in the dressing room. One guy commented his skates have felt like slippers ever since he had them molded to his feet. I chimed in with, ive never had that feeling with skates. A bunch of others same. 

So, begs the question, only custom molded skates for "no foot pain/issues and that slipper feeling"?

I can only speak of the feeling during the baking process. I have yet to use them on the ice, however tomorrow I will be coaching my sons team followed by my game on Thursday. So more will be known on that portion down the road.

I'm 39 years old and have had my share of goalie skates since starting playing in net at 6 years old. Recently over the past 5-7 years I've been dealing with the standard comfort of skates being satisfactory then really hurting a year or two into use. I'll speak of the last three skates I've purchased which the oldest in topic were Bauer Reactors. Great skate, decent comfort and overall performed great. Then when the cowlingless skates debuted I grabbed a set of 1S. Comfort felt better than the Reactors and thought these were going to be the gem. Now after two years of use my ankles are not comfortable when I put them on and hurt even more after games. Maybe this is coming from age factoring in, however instead of buying 2S or Vapors I felt the True custom molding was worth the investment.

HOLY CRAP! That slipper feeling is close, however my first thought was my feet and ankles were surrounded by fluffy clouds. I baked them for 35 minutes and did not want to take them off. Absolutely incredible. So now the test will be to see how long that feeling lasts as I break them in further. But first impression is insanely comfortable! 

Edited by Jblack151