Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

13 minutes ago, dstew29 said:

Awesome design / color combo! Enjoy!!

(If these happen to be 33+1 I’ll just jump in the queue now.)

I'm heading to a public skate tomorrow evening and dressing waist-down to get dialed-in then I get to use them Monday and. Tuesday.

Haha, no luck, sorry pal.

These are 35+2 (and identical to my V6 36+2). 

6 hours ago, seagoal said:

Pads arrived today and my set is nowcomplete, 17 weeks for pads but only 10 for mitts.

I am super excited about them.  Only 1 error on the set, no Pro Logos on the pads, but I have them on the gloves.  So now I have the controversial VE8 logo on the pads, but I don't mind because I actually like it, plus it matches my gear anyway. 

Here's some pics with our new jerseys, navy/baby blue Penguins, and socks and my new royal Ventus pants with a navy CCM shell. 

I also installed Nash bungee toe ties.

These pads are awesome.  Super light and stiff as a board.

20181115_173637.jpg

20181115_173725.jpg

20181115_173816.jpg

20181115_173843.jpg

20181115_173704.jpg

Beautiful set. VE8s are more than likely going to be my next pad. 

4 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

Those look dope bud!!!!!!   Im loving my mitts! Not sure whats up with the locking of the thread....

Thanks.  Good to hear from you.

There was a discussion about it in the Site/Admin thread.  They're now trying to avoid junk drawer threads with several different conversations and encourage more specific threads with single conversations.

Any recent pics of you in your all black baller gear?  One of my buddies is bringing his drone camera to pick-up this coming Tuesday...I'm pretty excited.

Edited by seagoal

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

Thanks.  Good to hear from you.

There was a discussion about it in the Site/Admin thread.  They're now trying to avoid junk drawer threads with several different conversations and encourage more specific threads with single conversations.

Any recent pics of you in your all black baller gear?  One of my buddies is bringing his drone camera to pick-up this coming Tuesday...I'm pretty excited.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Love it... Still going strong. Couldn't pass up the chance to get my hands on a Passau.

It's been my unicorn... 

Glad you're enjoying it, it's been ok for me. Took a slapshot Wednesday night that managed to get me in between the belly blocks. (see image) and it's bruised my ribs pretty decently.

That with the arm protection that has just been OK makes me want to go back to my LT90.

warriorrgtprochestdetail1_1.thumb.jpg.212fbab273c06d6e290162d21e3f16e3.jpg

13 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Glad you're enjoying it, it's been ok for me. Took a slapshot Wednesday night that managed to get me in between the belly blocks. (see image) and it's bruised my ribs pretty decently.

That with the arm protection that has just been OK makes me want to go back to my LT90.

warriorrgtprochestdetail1_1.thumb.jpg.212fbab273c06d6e290162d21e3f16e3.jpg

I’ve got the same chesty and I’m mixed on it positive/negative. I find it’s big so it does cover holes and is good in the shoulder area. Negative is the side to back of arms. I’ve had one buckle on the arm break from a shot and some stingers/bruises in the bicep and tricep area above the elbow pad. There is no padding in the tricep area. If I could upgrade I’d probably go with Vaughn Velocity Pro chesty. 

I have G2 Classic Pro and it is a fantastic c/a, but after two years (or three 🙄 ) I have started to feel too much shots. Upper arms and shoulder area are two weak points. In game use it´s still a great unit, but in practises i get bruises almost always. Seam in that red circle is little too wide in Classic Pro and RGT Pro, in G4 there is a hard red foam and there is also some soft foam underneath in G2 pro.

On 11/16/2018 at 8:15 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Negative, don't even tie down either. 

I've been thinking about it more and more though. 

Have you tried being square to the shot? In my experience it helps reduce the # of shots to side protection.

All joking aside that does suck when the puck finds the one spot that is relatively void of padding. I wear untucked as well and no tie downs in the front (I do use the clip on the back of my Passau to connect to the fighting strap on my pants now though.) Packing everything in tighter will help, but I do look at those sorts of situations as a good reminder that I wasn't square. Is what it is I suppose. So long as you didn't get a bruise AND let it in... you did stop it right???

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Have you tried being square to the shot? In my experience it helps reduce the # of shots to side protection.

So long as you didn't get a bruise AND let it in... you did stop it right???

You jest, but that was my issue that led to the owie. Wasn't square and took it on a weird angle while the C/A shifted from being untucked. I've had a few games since without any issues, hell even liking the C/A again.

And yea, I've found out my ribs do an excellent job at dampening rebounds.