Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

On 3/22/2017 at 11:53 PM, FIFTY-SIX said:

Because the design process was so laborious for all persons involved and because I knew that my next set (likely in 3-5 years) would again be an homage to my old Cooper gear.  Getting it done right once was going to be tough enough. I didn't want to try to do it all over again in 3-5 years.  I was born in 1963 (now 53 years of age at the time of this post).  I'm currently playing for 3 teams year-round (summer and winter), some regular pick-up in the winter and the occasional tournament.  The plan is to get comfortable in one set, then introduce the second set.  At that point, I estimate that if I use 2 sets in rotation, the gear will likely outlive my hips, knees, shoulders and talent.  (update:  as my gear addiction worsens, I fear these may not be my last sets).

I'll try to get some pics of the leg channel mods up shortly.

Thanks TGN.  I was hell-bent on paying homage to the leather Cooper gear I wore growing up, 1977-1986 (GM12, GP59, GP95L).   Is your set posted?  Is your set a specific retro set?  Aesthetically, Brian's hit it out of the park with my design concept.  As Roddy Rod (RIP) of The Goalie Crease stated on GSBB in 2014, I provided them with extremely detailed specifications.  There are two minor glove errors.  They used white grommets despite every photo I sent them showing vintage gear with black grommets.  In their defense, I did not explicitly state that I wanted black grommets.  When I have time, I will likely replace with black grommets.  Bonus points if anyone can find the other glove error (which was totally my oversight).

From a functionality standpoint, the SubZero 2 pads are very light and very stiff but the strapping and leg channel are completely rebuilt/modified.

No branding in the palms of the gloves?

Sick sets none the less.  That's some thigh rise.  Are they different sizes?  The pads on the right seem to be shorter.

Edited by SaveByRichter35
typo

6 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

No branding in the palms of the gloves?

Sick sets none the less.  That's some thigh rise.  Are they different sizes?  The pads on the right seem to be shorter.

Chester got it.  In the 1970's, Cooper used BLACK stitching on gloves and WHITE stitching on leg pads.

Thanks, SBR35!  Same sizes (35 +3), optical illusion.

Edited by FIFTY-SIX

Had Sara at PAW re-lace my gloves. Had her use red cord on the perimeter of the catcher and on the end of the blocker. Also had her put red skate lace in the pocket. New blocker palm and wrist pad on the catcher. She reinforced some worn areas on the blocker with jenpro. Original lacing was coming apart and was all black. Pocket lacing was also coming apart and was also black. These gloves are four plus years old, so they've held up well. 

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Had Sara at PAW re-lace my gloves. Had her use red cord on the perimeter of the catcher and on the end of the blocker. Also had her put red skate lace in the pocket. New blocker palm and wrist pad on the catcher. She reinforced some worn areas on the blocker with jenpro. Original lacing was coming apart and was all black. Pocket lacing was also coming apart and was also black. These gloves are four plus years old, so they've held up well. 

Nice!  Love the addition of the red lacing to accent the pocket.  I forgot to post before/after pictures of Keep's refurb on my Vaughn blocker.  I'll do that shortly.

Just a few of my favorite from over the years:

Sport Gold P4s with Dark Brown backs, 35+2.5, 590 glove

Battram Retributions with TotalOne Graphic, 36+2, Vaughn V5 7800 Gloves

Bauer TotalOne 37+1, Reebok P4 600 (MacIntyre) (padwrapped sport gold)

Vintage Vaughn V4s 36+2, Epic 8800 glove

Vaughn Ventus 37+1 Anthony Stolarz Lehigh Valley Phantoms pro stock

Vaughn Ventus 36+1.5 (my current set, based heavily off the Stolie set) CCM Premier 600 glove

Family Photo.JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_2874.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 8:33 PM, AG37 said:

Vaughn Ventus 36+1.5 (my current set, based heavily off the Stolie set) CCM Premier 600 glove

Didn't even notice the glove was CCM at first! 

Like the orange-black-white set most, realy cool colours.

btw. you still have all of those pads and gloves?

On 3/30/2017 at 10:07 AM, bunnyman666 said:

Some blokes like ratty gear. I don't- and I wish more people would do Jenpro bindings like Terio does.

I asked Vaughn to do jenpro binding when I sent them the blocker for the first refurb and they said they couldn't do it.  Keeps said he does it all the time 

How has that Vaughn vintage set held up?  I heard the material they use for those don't hold up as well as regular jenpro.

typo

On 2/10/2017 at 10:06 AM, Bell31 said:

Here's my new gear coming next week from Kenesky. Awesome job by Mike Howard!

16681815_968038266660311_4812784183853120893_n.jpg

Which pad model is this?  Can you post some more pictures of the pads?  Leg channel and sliding edge, etc.

On 2/10/2017 at 0:08 PM, BCMike said:

Just a couple pics of my latest custom v6 set. Haven't been able to use them in the last few months due to a knee injury, but hopefully back at it next year. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Idk how I missed this set but these are sick.  Nice job on these, Mike!  What mods did you do?

• Like 1

@mik
I only still have the Battrams, Bauer TotalOnes, and my current set, the silver Vaughns, everything else I have parted with.
@SaveByRichter35
I bought the vintage set pretty heavily used. I put some money into the gloves for a slight refurb, there were small wear patches on the glove and worn binding on the blocker. I used the set for about a year and did not notice any additional wear.

19 minutes ago, AG37 said:

@mik
I only still have the Battrams, Bauer TotalOnes, and my current set, the silver Vaughns, everything else I have parted with.
@SaveByRichter35
I bought the vintage set pretty heavily used. I put some money into the gloves for a slight refurb, there were small wear patches on the glove and worn binding on the blocker. I used the set for about a year and did not notice any additional wear.

When you wanna tag a member don't put a space after the "@" just keep typing the name.  If you put a space it won't alert the member that they were tagged and they may never see it.

I don't know if I will ever get another set anytime soon but if I do I have been thinking of going with a vintage set.  Its been a while since my red, white, and blue set have matched a team I play for.  I despise all white and all black won't match my mask.  Figured vintage tan would both match my mask and pretty much any jersey.

4 hours ago, AG37 said:

@mik
@SaveByRichter35

I realy like how you use word "only" for your 3 sets - you remain me one person... me :D.