Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

22 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Just bought this off Sideline Swap,  made for Eddie Lack it's a mix of  Brian's Gnetik II/Subzero 3. Once I get it my Brown 2300 is going in for a refurb after 7 or 8 years (I can't remember). 

7392585c0cc4a4c7_large.jpeg

I'm trying a Passau Pro Pack right now.  I would love to take a Brian's unit for a spin as well

4 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

Just bought this off Sideline Swap,  made for Eddie Lack it's a mix of  Brian's Gnetik II/Subzero 3. Once I get it my Brown 2300 is going in for a refurb after 7 or 8 years (I can't remember). 

7392585c0cc4a4c7_large.jpeg

I know lack had a unit with SZ arms, but this one looks pretty GNetik but with an additional pad on the forearm to go over the seem. 

What is supposed to SZ3? The arm floaters?

Moving into the 21st century of gear with a composite stick. Yes, hell froze over and I'm trying one.

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4483.JPG

Wanted to go with a bigger paddle since I'm gonna have taller steel soon, but why is a 25'' CCM this much bigger than what I have? I always though they were 26'' lol. Looks like a 24-ish by comparison. Explains a lot.

IMG_4482.JPG

EDIT: I just noticed it says "RIP". That's an ominous sign.

Edited by Moose75
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Moving into the 21st century of gear with a composite stick. Yes, hell froze over and I'm trying one.

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4483.JPG

Wanted to go with a bigger paddle since I'm gonna have taller steel soon, but why is a 25'' CCM this much bigger than what I have? I always though they were 26'' lol. Looks like a 24-ish by comparison. Explains a lot.

IMG_4482.JPG

You think that's ominous for you? How do you think Rinne feels - if he even knows?

"Hey coach, am I starting tonight or what?"

"Well, um... no - you're a scratch."

"Why am I a healthy scratch, coach?"

"You're not a healthy scratch, Pekka, you're... gee, you really don't know, do you? Boy, this is awkward... I hate to be the one to tell you, but you're dead - says right on your sticks... and sticks don't lie! Well, they do lie. Sorta... like, they have a lie - 14 or something? i dunno, I never played goalie... Anyway, sorry about your death, but I've got a game to prepare for..."

2 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

You think that's ominous for you? How do you think Rinne feels - if he even knows?

"Hey coach, am I starting tonight or what?"

"Well, um... no - you're a scratch."

"Why am I a healthy scratch, coach?"

"You're not a healthy scratch, Pekka, you're... gee, you really don't know, do you? Boy, this is awkward... I hate to be the one to tell you, but you're dead - says right on your sticks... and sticks don't lie! Well, they do lie. Sorta... like, they have a lie - 14 or something? i dunno, I never played goalie... Anyway, sorry about your death, but I've got a game to prepare for..."

Pekka's Ladder 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Moose75 said:

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4483.JPG

IMG_4482.JPG

All how you measure it. I thought same thing with my warrior stick compared to my Bauer. Put them both on the back heal of the blade and see where you’re at then. 

231EB487-1F72-4646-A806-9DE5139DDDD5.jpeg

B216D811-8E89-4470-BEA2-6A61B7FE20A0.jpeg

40AF7A25-6444-466F-A02F-14AE15CE86C0.jpeg

4B567A69-114C-4926-83DF-1EC33F9342D7.jpeg

B5CED4DD-A6BF-4EE6-9BE0-AE2C36879376.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Wrbsti15 said:

New mask completed. OTNY X1 pro eco. Thank you to Dennis at goalieparts.com, Tim James for the powder coating of cage and hardware, and Mark at SkinFx Wraps for the awesome wrap on the mask! 

D2DC6C94-66B4-4C4C-B4AA-7D8FBE8BFDB5.jpeg

39148C9C-ACAD-40B5-97FA-C1580E5C55FD.jpeg

2AD4672D-3AEC-41D9-9D9C-964022EB4717.jpeg

AC06A508-6C8D-47F2-A8BC-AE9E1BF17C69.jpeg

CFD2D132-3834-46AE-ACC3-0C98615D62C3.jpeg

As a fellow LEO... I just wanna saw WOW!  What a fitting tribute to every brother and sister that has paid the ultimate price.  Stay safe brother!

Today I stumbled upon a series of photos hidden way in the back of my computer. Here they are:

IMG_0376.thumb.JPG.cee8e933cceccf66c2ef5b74690b8641.JPG

Me with my old Sherwood stick (currently broken) and my CCM blocker (also broken). This is a picture from my Varsity game and the guy on the bench is normally our starter. Also those are the XLTs that I no longer wear.

IMG_0374.thumb.JPG.7e01af180ca208163c26094639d0dcb4.JPG

Gear evolution my friends. Pretty sure this picture was from late last season because I have Vaughn's and a new blocker (yep you guessed it, this one's broken too). Too bad my True stick broke.

IMG_0375.thumb.JPG.b3ae1888ca22c60d185c36838265c73c.JPG

And last but not least, here's me and my dad. Note the photobomb in multiple spots. This was an "illegal" game for me because I am not even close to be old enough to play beer league but I looked the part at least 😉. I was also trying on those Premier III's, kinda sad we sold them but they did not slide as well as I had hoped they would. Still my favorite pad appearance-wise. My dad also has everyone's favorite goalie pad design 🤣. Have no fear, he doesn't have the Revokes anymore but oddly, no one will buy them. He also has a Northstar stick now.

So glad I found these pictures.

EDIT - Are y'all glad I found quality pictures this time?

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Today I stumbled upon a series of photos hidden way in the back of my computer. Here they are:

IMG_0376.thumb.JPG.cee8e933cceccf66c2ef5b74690b8641.JPG

Me with my old Sherwood stick (currently broken) and my CCM blocker (also broken). This is a picture from my Varsity game and the guy on the bench is normally our starter. Also those are the XLTs that I no longer wear.

IMG_0374.thumb.JPG.7e01af180ca208163c26094639d0dcb4.JPG

Gear evolution my friends. Pretty sure this picture was from late last season because I have Vaughn's and a new blocker (yep you guessed it, this one's broken too). Too bad my True stick broke.

IMG_0375.thumb.JPG.b3ae1888ca22c60d185c36838265c73c.JPG

And last but not least, here's me and my dad. Note the photobomb in multiple spots. This was an "illegal" game for me because I am not even close to be old enough to play beer league but I looked the part at least 😉. I was also trying on those Premier III's, kinda sad we sold them but they did not slide as well as I had hoped they would. Still my favorite pad appearance-wise. My dad also has everyone's favorite goalie pad design 🤣. Have no fear, he doesn't have the Revokes anymore but oddly, no one will buy them. He also has a Northstar stick now.

So glad I found these pictures.

EDIT - Are y'all glad I found quality pictures this time?

Wow man - that is so cool that you have a pic with your Dad, in all your gear. Props, dude!

"...not even close to be old enough to play beer league but I looked the part at least..." so you mean you had a bunch of empty beer cans around you in the locker room? 

;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Wow man - that is so cool that you have a pic with your Dad, in all your gear. Props, dude!

"...not even close to be old enough to play beer league but I looked the part at least..." so you mean you had a bunch of empty beer cans around you in the locker room? 

;)

Thank you! I really need to get an updated picture of both our sets of gear. Maybe I'll get one over the holidays.

I more so meant the size and gear but that was an unexpected result too. None were mine though 🙃

Edited by ThatCarGuy
  • Haha 1

On 12/17/2018 at 12:20 AM, TheGoalNet said:

I know lack had a unit with SZ arms, but this one looks pretty GNetik but with an additional pad on the forearm to go over the seem. 

What is supposed to SZ3? The arm floaters?

I was told arm floaters and elbow padding is Sub 3. I only seen pictures so far and it will be January before I get it ,as it' coming from western us to northern ontario.

On 12/17/2018 at 2:10 PM, Moose75 said:

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4483.JPG

IMG_4482.JPG

Where abouts did you get the Rinne stick ? I have never seen them in store before, only Crawford and Price.

Since I wasn’t sure if Bauer was going to do anything with my one100 cowling issue I picked these up on sideline swap the other week. 

FF15B027-CC11-4BAB-902D-C31B5695B922.thumb.jpeg.0d9e055eba17c3cd8f4bfa74a9671247.jpeg

Never used Rask returns. They are super comfy but they are built like tanks so I may still put the new cowlings on the Bauer’s and roll with those. Though maybe on the ice the weight won’t be nearly as noticeable. 

3 hours ago, TitanG said:

Hockeymonkey.ca has goalie stuff too.

Yeah I checked that one out and they don't have the selection the US one has and asked before and they won't bring something from the US site for me if I can't order it off that site. I honestly wish they would stock the same stuff but the Canadain one doesn't. 

• Sad 1