Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

52 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@seagoal Why do you even own that staff?

Good question.

My partner is really into D&D and is always a mage.  I bought and customized this staff as a birthday present that will be presented next week. I'm hiding it at my work until then and I had to get it out of the house before he comes home tonight.  I've been working on it this week in the garage and I thought it'd be a neat photo with the goalie sticks.

When it showed up at work in its box , all of my coworkers assumed it was new goalie sticks :)

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Good question.

My partner is really into D&D and is always a mage.  I bought and customized this staff as a birthday present that will be presented next week. I'm hiding it at my work until then and I had to get it out of the house before he comes home tonight.  I've been working on it this week in the garage and I thought it'd be a neat photo with the goalie sticks.

When it showed up at work in its box , all of my coworkers assumed it was new goalie sticks :)

Does he LARP his D&D sessions?

23 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Does he LARP his D&D sessions?

Yeah, sometimes. They mostly sit around a table and drink beer in normal clothes while playing, though.

One of the biggest reasons for this was that our pub at home where they play is 5 feet away from my gear storage and the sight/smell was going to have me sleeping in the garage if I didn't control it.

20190111_132741.jpg

Edited by seagoal

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Oh so like normal D&D sessions?

Though, I could see bringing the staff as a power move.

Yeah, even at the table with beer they all bring props, mostly so they can laugh and have a good time.  It's fun to see.  I totally can not relate to it, but I also spend my time here with you guys talking about goalie gear, so I suppose that's just as geeky in its own way.   We all need a thing.  Hockey is mine, mages/martial arts are his.  It works.

Edited by seagoal

15 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, even at the table with beer they all bring props, mostly so they can laugh and have a good time.  It's fun to see.  I totally can not relate to it, but I also spend my time here with you guys talking about goalie gear, so I suppose that's just as geeky in its own way.   We all need a thing.  Hockey is mine, mages/martial arts are his.  It works.

See, I can appreciate a good geek out sesh. My second hobby is gaming.

You should see my fiancee geek out. Meeting up with her and her geologist colleagues is just a whirlwind of excited nerds speaking a new language.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

See, I can appreciate a good geek out sesh. My second hobby is gaming.

You should see my fiancee geek out. Meeting up with her and her geologist colleagues is just a whirlwind of excited nerds speaking a new language.

My roommates in university were geology students.  I remember that well.

My partner is a microbiologist in the biotech world and that gets real geeky real fast at happy hours where I'm hoping there's a hockey game on TV somewhere.  I get bored pretty fast talking about viruses and white blood cells.

5 hours ago, seagoal said:

The CR1 is lighter, I'm pretty sure, than this TotalOne....although I haven't weighed them side by side.  The CR1 is way more responsive and agile and feels less clunky which has gotten me major improvements to my puck handling.  I used Bauers for a long, long time, then True for a hot minute, and eventually found myself with a CR1 and I'm convinced it is the best stick I've ever used.  I am definitely intrigued by the VR1.  I intend to get one, for sure. 

I currently own 3 CR1s but I will probably need to sell one.  I experimented with a curve that just doesn't work for me.

Which curve didn't work for you?

Quick, mid-curve with no twist.  It plays too flat for me with puckhandling but is really good for stand-up, blade on-ice shots.

I'm used to Bishop with a twist that is so easy for me to get good loft on my passes and clears.

I play the puck a lot so that takes precedence over coverage on shots.

Edited by seagoal

look what just came in today!

as I said before, if I had any problems I can just send it back, all I really had to do is add three thin strips above the sweatband as seen in the picture. 

you can hate on the cage, but you can’t hate on the color. the matte with the light blue looks so sick. can’t wait to try it in practice and see how it goes 

F36D4B0C-DAB7-4192-BF73-219463A8E191.jpeg

0ECF11C2-727F-4874-996E-B22428AE7B15.jpeg

2C67BC8F-8A95-4805-A7A9-34F3E20E1B78.jpeg

CE5D6243-06BF-422C-8225-93A4AD8C9855.jpeg

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

@southpawtendy48  See above 9 posts: I love that color.  That's a great color for a cage.   I had to fight the urge for that color really hard with my recent custom paint job.  I decided to keep mine silver, but yours looks so good.

Nice work.

Thanks. i didn't go with orange b/c our team is taking the orange out next season, so basically university of Maine colors. i also plan on getting a vinyl wrap for my mask too.

and yes, i saw the post. the colorway on your gear is great, even your skate guards match! lol

Just now, southpawtendy48 said:

Thanks. i didn't go with orange b/c our team is taking the orange out next season, so basically university of Maine colors. i also plan on getting a vinyl wrap for my mask too.

and yes, i saw the post. the colorway on your gear is great, even your skate guards match! lol

Ha, that was a happy accident.  Those were gifted to me.

2 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

yeah, without choosing my dad got me orange skate guards, which pefectly matches with my gear, too bad i'll be replacing all the orange with light blue.. 

Nice.

Stay tuned for a detailed post on my new mask.  If you like light blue, you're going to love it.  Should be within the next two weeks.  I just sent if off yesterday and my reservation is right on track.  

Consider this a spoiler-teaser ;)

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Quick, mid-curve with no twist.  It plays too flat for me with puckhandling but is really good for stand-up, blade on-ice shots.

I'm used to Bishop with a twist that is so easy for me to get good loft on my passes and clears.

I play the puck a lot so that takes precedence over coverage on shots.

Gotcha.  I wasn't a fan of the Quick pattern either, I had it on my Swager Pros.  I have the Mrazek on my CR1s, I've been wanting to try the Bishop as well.