Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

On 5/13/2017 at 3:21 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yea its really good down there.  What part of NC are you in?

25 miles outside of Raleigh.  Originally from Peekskill, NY, but its been a good move for me. Got the beach on one side, mountains on the other, 6 hockey rinks within a 35 mile radius, and a growing area economically.  

Small hockey world too, not uncommon to run into a couple legends like Rod Brindamour or Glenn Wesley at various rinks around the area.

2 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

25 miles outside of Raleigh.  Originally from Peekskill, NY, but its been a good move for me. Got the beach on one side, mountains on the other, 6 hockey rinks within a 35 mile radius, and a growing area economically.  

Small hockey world too, not uncommon to run into a couple legends like Rod Brindamour or Glenn Wesley at various rinks around the area.

If I ever left Long Island it would probably be for somewhere in the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area.  I went there a lot when I was at Camp Lejeune and LOVED the area.  My wife is a teacher so she could get a job pretty much anywhere but my job only has two Comm Centers, here on Long Island and the other in San Francisco.  I have no desire to move there.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

If I ever left Long Island it would probably be for somewhere in the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area.  I went there a lot when I was at Camp Lejeune and LOVED the area.  My wife is a teacher so she could get a job pretty much anywhere but my job only has two Comm Centers, here on Long Island and the other in San Francisco.  I have no desire to move there.

Wilmington's a great area, we go to Wrightsville all the time.  I have a friend who just left Lejeune for Pendleton, got to be a culture shock.

Wrightsville was Upper class... We were North Topsail beach and Surf City guys back in the early 80's!!Po Folks for dinner... It was probably a dump but I thought "Court St" was the sh*t before I knew better.

SF

10 hours ago, DALV1 said:

Wrightsville was Upper class... We were North Topsail beach and Surf City guys back in the early 80's!!Po Folks for dinner... It was probably a dump but I thought "Court St" was the sh*t before I knew better.

SF

Topsail and Surf City were also a great time.  

Semper Fi!

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Good Looking Set Chakal.

Smart move to get the double break as well. I've found the thigh rise of the GT's quite a bit stiffer than the G3's.

How are you going to go about and curve them in as you do without the profile lock or additional straps?

I will put them upside down with a bit of weight and see if that works. Will see tomorrow.

I play ice and roller, so I'll post my ice setups before my roller set!

For ice, I wear:

V5 7800 Blocker, stock w/ navy weave padwrap

V6 2000 Glove, custom; pro palm, pro logos, embroidery; navy weave/white

1S NXG Skinned Reimer pro returns, size medium. I just did a write-up on these in the 'Reviews' section! 

Here are some action shots taken by a local photographer who knows one of the guys on my beer league team:

received_10155050808810218.thumb.jpeg.55ccc97a02bb77145def89cc1ddb543a.jpegFB_IMG_1493313271179.thumb.jpg.c87601b370d2bde6337f0f89776a95d0.jpgFB_IMG_1493867314226.thumb.jpg.1ddd2cc5637cb4530d9e9c4c540f5a47.jpg

For my roller setup, unfortunately my girlfriend's potato-camera will have to do.

I wear:

Reebok Revoke PZ blocker

Reebok Revoke PZ glove / Vaughn Epic 8800 Glove (I switch when one lets me down, vice versa)

Vaughn 12" V 7000 swirl pads. Love em, w/ rollerfly.

received_10154621741343407.jpeg.9b4637ddd1564bd4eca1fb2fc0d024b7.jpeg

Awful quality LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That setup looks great together.  You should get some gold or yellow(whichever outlines the FWFD 32, I can't tell from the picture) padwrap and do a very small accent stripe on the pads, glove, and blocker.  

Thank you! I actually got some but the color looked bad compared to the gold of the jerseys and I wasn't a fan when we wore our 3rd, red jersey. 

ballard_32-1497881188615.jpg

• Like 1

New pants! My old ones were XL and always interfered with my knee blocks but I could deal with it in my Warriors.

Using the EFlex 3 pads I felt like I was having issues, knew a local store had a black and orange pair of Pro Stocks that would match my upcoming set and Tigers team. The price was pretty good so I decided to grab them. They are size Large and fit considerably better.

nWScy8z.jpg

q7F3tUy.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/20/2017 at 1:52 PM, Hills said:

New pants! My old ones were XL and always interfered with my knee blocks but I could deal with it in my Warriors.

Using the EFlex 3 pads I felt like I was having issues, knew a local store had a black and orange pair of Pro Stocks that would match my upcoming set and Tigers team. The price was pretty good so I decided to grab them. They are size Large and fit considerably better.

Nice, made in Canada or China?