Project Low-Profile Frozen Franken Chesty

bunnyman666

I have a love/hate relationship with my Sub3 chesty. The body fits perfectly, but I like little else. The arms SUCK. The shoulder floaters get in my way. 

I tried sticking my Warrior Ritual Pro arms on. Big fail. I could not get them to fit the way they needed to. Factory Mad is going to beef the stock arms up, as the ONLY criticism was that I was feeling shots from 70 year old men. I can’t imagine what an ex-college or pro could do to me with those arms.

The shoulder floaters were something I also could not abide. They would lift into my masque.  What does a itching to mod rabbit do? Install smaller floaters!  The mirror test shows that the Warrior floaters are lower profile without sacrificing protection. 

Mod note - Sorry everyone, picture was deleted.

14 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I tried sticking my Warrior Ritual Pro arms on. Big fail. I could not get them to fit the way they needed to. Factory Mad is going to beef the stock arms up, as the ONLY criticism was that I was feeling shots from 70 year old men. I can’t imagine what an ex-college or pro could do to me with those arms.

I really have a hard time understanding this. Like unless you got a seriously defective unit, you should be more than fine, especially in a SZ C/A.

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Those Brian's floaters a fucking ridiculous.

It's a big reason why I've avoided Brian's C/A's. At least the optik is fine.

15 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I really have a hard time understanding this. Like unless you got a seriously defective unit, you should be more than fine, especially in a SZ C/A.

It's a big reason why I've avoided Brian's C/A's. At least the optik is fine.

That’s true, unless you wanna look bigger in net I guess

If you’re tiny like me they might work. They’re working for me so far, but I get why they wouldn’t for most people, only thing I would nag on is their arm protection. Switched them out for Optik arms

Hate the arms on this Brian’s unit. How are the Optik arms?

Those Brian's floaters a fucking ridiculous.

I felt that the floaters seriously hampered my mobility. The body of the CA is pretty nice, especially the rib protection. That is where my old Warrior was deficient; from what I see, that is definitely not the case

4 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Added a lot more protection in the top upper wrist portion and biceps. still very mobile and much more comfortable than the SZ3

I am hoping that Dennis (Factory Mad) can solve the arms problem; how did you get Optik Arms? Was it a custom order with your SZ3?

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

I am hoping that Dennis (Factory Mad) can solve the arms problem; how did you get Optik Arms? Was it a custom order with your SZ3?

I ordered the Optik chesty to hopefully fully replace my sz3, the body on it was too big but the arms were perfect, it was quite easy as there is Velcro in between where the arms go and at the arms. 

The sz3 body and ribs are perfect but I get most stingers at the top & a little behind my shoulders, might consider changing the floaters like you did 

Mine don’t hardly float the way I have them set up, and my floaters cover the top of my shoulders. 

I was either going to perform surgery on the Brian’s floaters or install lower profile floaters (which is what I did). I won’t be able to test until November, but I can already tell that this is not going to interfere with my mask.

10 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Mine don’t hardly float the way I have them set up, and my floaters cover the top of my shoulders. 

I was either going to perform surgery on the Brian’s floaters or install lower profile floaters (which is what I did). I won’t be able to test until November, but I can already tell that this is not going to interfere with my mask.

Yeah I see what you mean with the interference part and that’s a bit of an issue for me plus not protecting my shoulders as much as I would like. If my Optik was small enough I would’ve made the full change already and I doubt I’ll grow much lol, I’m 102 pounds

• 1 month later...

Dennis Dombrowski modded my Sub Z 3 arms for my Frankie! They are a bit tight at the moment, but will definitely make certainIy I am not feeling shots. 

I tried it on yesterday and it is definitely a lower profile unit with my Warrior floaters. I guess mine could possibly pass Kay ”Natascha” Whitless’ inspection! There is a trailing edge from the shoulder cup area that most likely gets compacted when a sweater goes over the chesty. 

Here’s what I mean:

Mod note - Picture was deleted, sorry everyone.

Archived