Dominik Hrachovina's strange Bauer pads

Moose75

I've posted before about his "Bauer 1S" pads. Anyone know if these are skinned as Bauers? Or just heavily modified? Hrachovina was a huge Warrior guy. I heard he even bought every glove of one of their extinct gloves that he could find because they stopped making them. I believe he has his gloves built by an independent Czech goalie guy now.

Here's his strange Bauer pads: 

2N8A6069__29558Sampo.jpg_N8A9933__28175Sampo.jpg

1525265104_P201805020614401.jpg

kodan-denmark-04th-may-2018-l-r-czech-pl

There was some discussion at a Finnish goalie group about this. If I remember correctly, those pads were basically Warrior pads in Bauer skins. Dominik was forced to switch from Warrior to Bauer because of the change of his team's (Tappara) equipment contract.

A Finnish version of Factory Mad, Varusteverstas (makes also equipment under brand Kova Goalie) made all the changes and also heavily modified all of Domi's equipment at the time he still lived and played in Finland.

He’s back in Warrior equipment. He’s playing in Russia for Barys Astana KHL.

The team he played for in Finland was sponsored by Bauer. So he had to wear Bauer products.

On his Bauer pads looks like he wanted the same type of strapping system on his old Warrior pads.

617253D4-B873-4499-859F-8FBEEB99442B.png

12 hours ago, TresPasser said:

There was some discussion at a Finnish goalie group about this. If I remember correctly, those pads were basically Warrior pads in Bauer skins. Dominik was forced to switch from Warrior to Bauer because of the change of his team's (Tappara) equipment contract.

A Finnish version of Factory Mad, Varusteverstas (makes also equipment under brand Kova Goalie) made all the changes and also heavily modified all of Domi's equipment at the time he still lived and played in Finland.

I'm checking Kova out right now. Really interesting! The angled leg channel especially.

I figured it had to do with a sponsorship of some kind. I love that he stuck with what he loves and just had them skin it instead of giving in to Bauer. 

4 hours ago, Bell31 said:

He’s back in Warrior equipment. He’s playing in Russia for Barys Astana KHL.

The team he played for in Finland was sponsored by Bauer. So he had to wear Bauer products.

On his Bauer pads looks like he wanted the same type of strapping system on his old Warrior pads.

I was surprised to see he was with Barys now. Did they offer him something more than Tappara? I was hoping to see some NHL team take a chance with him. He might be considered "undersized", but he's nasty! 

I don't know about you guys... but i could look at Euro setups all day long. So much variation in strapping, color scheme, use of colorways. I mean it's also casting a big net to say that over a single league like the NHL... but I don't even have an opinion on this subject... just keep looking. 

As you were with the skinning debate...

11 hours ago, Moose75 said:

I'm checking Kova out right now. Really interesting! The angled leg channel especially.

I tried Kova demo pads a couple of times on ice and man they were light! Also sliding features were incredible, thanks to vinyl on the sliding surface. Unfortunately there weren't full right gloves at the time for demo use but also the "wrong handed" versions felt excellent straight out of the box.

When I was ordering next season's set, it was a battle between two brands, Kova and Brian's. Eventually I ended up to Brian's Optik which should arrive to me in 1-2 weeks. Hopefully I made a right choice because it is 1300€ (1500 USD) more expensive than Kova. ?

12 hours ago, TresPasser said:

I tried Kova demo pads a couple of times on ice and man they were light! Also sliding features were incredible, thanks to vinyl on the sliding surface. Unfortunately there weren't full right gloves at the time for demo use but also the "wrong handed" versions felt excellent straight out of the box.

When I was ordering next season's set, it was a battle between two brands, Kova and Brian's. Eventually I ended up to Brian's Optik which should arrive to me in 1-2 weeks. Hopefully I made a right choice because it is 1300€ (1500 USD) more expensive than Kova. ?

How do think they'd hold up durability-wise? What's their estimated cost USD? 

Noticed they have a bunch of guys in European pro leagues now using their mitts. 

On 8/24/2018 at 9:48 PM, Moose75 said:

How do think they'd hold up durability-wise? What's their estimated cost USD? 

Noticed they have a bunch of guys in European pro leagues now using their mitts. 

According to some customers' comments in Finnish goalie forum, they hold up pretty well, at least on lower levels. It is interesting to hear some user feedback from pro customers. In any case, it is already a great achievement for a guy who made his first own gloves over 20 years ago when he was 15. Customer service and work quality in this company are A+ class.

The pricing is quite competitive, at least in Finland. The price for complete set (gloves + pads) is 2000€ (2318 USD). For comparison, full Brian's Optik set via Finnish importer is 3300€ (3824 USD). Ice hockey is very cheap hobby in Finland. ?

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Bell31 said:

Here’s a new picture of Dominik’s Warrior G4 pads and blocker. He has a different glove too made by Bona Hallikainen Customs.

8B622A94-0E50-4CA7-8F3C-DC9F034DA44B.jpeg

F808CEB9-B57F-4F19-9F2B-0B3950A1D433.jpeg

Good to see they finally dresses him! I've been waiting for his Barys debut.

if I recall it's a clone of an old Warrior limited edition glove. It was supposed to complete with a 5500.

31 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Good to see they finally dresses him! I've been waiting for his Barys debut.

if I recall it's a clone of an old Warrior limited edition glove. It was supposed to complete with a 5500.

He also had a glove made by M4G hockey too. This glove is very similar old Warrior limited edition glove.

4F9B3051-3798-4A4D-A861-CBEC91D5315B.jpeg

8 hours ago, Moose75 said:

I'm guessing the M4G guy modded them for him. He did the shelling of his "Bauer" pads. 

I wish I knew someone would could mod my 1X pads to have some leather straps 

Any equipment repair or shoe repair place can do it. Am going to give my 1x pads and go and if I think they need a strap or two somewhere am going to add nylon straps with quick release buckles on the spots needed.

• 1 month later...

Here’s another side shot of Dominic’s strapping that mimics his old Warrior G2 strapping. He also added 2 leather straps. Also good picture of his 1 piece True skates and his BHC backside glove.

He got his first KHL shutout yesterday too.

684CFFF7-2B4A-468D-B412-D8CF7B4D45CA.jpeg

Archived