Off Ice Training With Maria Mountain

RichMan

*Note to mods: I put this new thread here on purpose to 1- get your attention and 2- frankly we need an Off-ice section for such topics as follows...

So in case you haven't already, and if you did not play hockey this summer or join a training camp but rather spent your precious time frolicking through endless fields of lavender (or corn, depending on your geographic), there are between 20 or 30 days before your season starts and thus, preparations must be taken, promptly. Don't be that fat stiff guy who gets into his first season game and is forced out immediately due to an "unexpected" (yeah right) injury and forced to sit out and be the banter net from your teammates disgust for your self-neglect...or worse, lose your spot as the number 1 ?

9 hours ago, RichMan said:

*Note to mods: I put this new thread here on purpose to 1- get your attention and 2- frankly we need an Off-ice section for such topics as follows...

So in case you haven't already, and if you did not play hockey this summer or join a training camp but rather spent your precious time frolicking through endless fields of lavender (or corn, depending on your geographic), there are between 20 or 30 days before your season starts and thus, preparations must be taken, promptly. Don't be that fat stiff guy who gets into his first season game and is forced out immediately due to an "unexpected" (yeah right) injury and forced to sit out and be the banter net from your teammates disgust for your self-neglect...or worse, lose your spot as the number 1 ?

Hear! Hear! Excellent point, @RichMan. Funny enough, I was pulling up a few of Maria's videos yesterday, deciding on what I would use to transition from physio-provided re-hab and re-strengtheneing exercises to maintenance and improvement. As someone who is about to step back onto the ice Tuesday after months away, I particularly appreciated her piece here:

http://www.goalietrainingpro.com/goalies/level-up-or-stay-the-same-and-dont-whine-about-it/

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Off Ice Training With Maria Mountain

Archived