Trying my hand at building cheaters...

bunnyman666

3 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Between this and your Overdrive blades you will become the master of cheats. 

Can I suggest a mod? Sew wings of netting between your arms on your jersey. 

Actually, anchors have been done (not by me) and soft foams in the arm pits. 

Esposito did put panty hose between his pant legs and the league shut that down. 

I only want SUBTLE cheats, SUBTLE!!! Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

Actually, anchors have been done (not by me) and soft foams in the arm pits. 

Esposito did put panty hose between his pant legs and the league shut that down. 

I only want SUBTLE cheats, SUBTLE!!! Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

Are there any good pictures of him with the panties lol? I gotta see this.

You just make sure the nets are made of such a fine material you can't see it unless you're right on top of it.

3 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Are there any good pictures of him with the panties lol? I gotta see this.

You just make sure the nets are made of such a fine material you can't see it unless you're right on top of it.

I wish there was! Espo tried many, many things. I have always felt there were cheats who cheated due to no ability (like me), and the others who cheated to enhance their ability (Esposito). But cheating is not cheating until the rules have been established. My glove cheats merely add a few more inches of blocking circumference. Too much larger and the cheats would become cumbersome! I’d have to learn how to use the larger cheats or I could inadvertenly let in MORE, rather than fewer goals. 

Between the arms and body is one of the few places I don’t let in squeakers, oddly enough.  

Overdrive blades are NOT cheats. They are injury prevention devises for the groin.

19 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I wish there was! Espo tried many, many things. I have always felt there were cheats who cheated due to no ability (like me), and the others who cheated to enhance their ability (Esposito). But cheating is not cheating until the rules have been established. My glove cheats merely add a few more inches of blocking circumference. Too much larger and the cheats would become cumbersome! I’d have to learn how to use the larger cheats or I could inadvertenly let in MORE, rather than fewer goals. 

Between the arms and body is one of the few places I don’t let in squeakers, oddly enough.  

Overdrive blades are NOT cheats. They are injury prevention devises for the groin.

Yeah I agree. Anything bulky and cumbersome may save a shot or two, but it'll make you into one of the waddling aliens from The Fifth Element.

When I was 11 or 12, I remember every goalie coach calling them "cheaters", so I always assumed they were. 

5 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Yeah I agree. Anything bulky and cumbersome may save a shot or two, but it'll make you into one of the waddling aliens from The Fifth Element.

When I was 11 or 12, I remember every goalie coach calling them "cheaters", so I always assumed they were. 

Wait ‘til you see the next one on this glove. That one took real thought to get it to work. In all, I probably added 3-5” of blocking perimeter. If I had Dennis build a new T with an extra 1”, this would get into the silly territory, though not quite into T-1000, which was well beyond the brink of silly. 

12 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Wait ‘til you see the next one on this glove. That one took real thought to get it to work. In all, I probably added 3-5” of blocking perimeter. If I had Dennis build a new T with an extra 1”, this would get into the silly territory, though not quite into T-1000, which was well beyond the brink of silly. 

I love looking at silly gear. The "pelican" t from the old Sher-wood pads was one of my favorites. It's more of pocket than glove. i

sherwood-cerberus-10-pelican-trap-pro_1_P1010019.jpg

Also; this novelty Vaughn blocker that my store of choice displayed:

1924023_233725585345_6970825_n.jpg?_nc_c

25 minutes ago, Naz said:

Gotta build one like the Jofa gloves had back in 82/83... no, not cumbersome at all!!

Cheater.jpg

Don’t give me any ideas; I am thinking of going Cooper Legends on this guy with an extra pocket or two. Maybe even having Kenesky build this from the prototype I am making right now. The ghetto cheater add-ons look fine for now AND will (most importantly) hold up, but why not get this built like the prototype I am building, except finished a HELL of a lot better?

• 1 month later...

Archived