Goalie Cups

So my son has asked me for a new jock - wow he never asks for anything and this the best he comes up with?  Any hoo down to a Vaughn Ventus double cup or the Warrior X Pro which I also believe is a two cupper!

I would like to understand if a jock with two cups hinders your movement? Also if you have experience with other 2 cup units feel free to comment!  He currently wears a Vaughn XR Pro at the time it looked like the best I could get him and he has never complained about feeling anything in that area.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Big2 said:

So my son has asked me for a new jock - wow he never asks for anything and this the best he comes up with?  Any hoo down to a Vaughn Ventus double cup or the Warrior X Pro which I also believe is a two cupper!

I would like to understand if a jock with two cups hinders your movement? Also if you have experience with other 2 cup units feel free to comment!  He currently wears a Vaughn XR Pro at the time it looked like the best I could get him and he has never complained about feeling anything in that area.

Does he tuck or not tuck the C&A?

20 minutes ago, Big2 said:

He tucks his CA - I am trying to get him to not tuck it!!

I wear and love it. It's insanely comfortable and it's like I'm not wearing anything, in a good 

only negative? Sometimes my c&a catches the ridge on the top of the cup after an athletic save & needs adjustments at the next whistle 

Vaugh Ventus SLR Pro Carbon was my choice - not cheap nearly twice the cost of the Warrior let's see how he reacts when he sees it.

My 2 cents best looking unit out there protection wise.

Cwarnar I appreciate your input but I don't like buying anything if I can't see it touch it - so Brown would be out. Plus my son already plays with a Vaughn unit. We are currently in our division finals so he will only try it in 2 weeks!

The unit is slightly bigger than his current one so he will have to break it in before using it in a game/camp.

tx

• 1 year later...

Just wondering about what people think is the best goalie cup available right now. Need a new one, old one isn’t holding up. Nobody seems to have said anything about them on here in a while. I like the idea of monster using Maltese gel in their cup, but it’s sold out  as of right now. 

Recently got into the John Brown 2000 cup, the standard single cup model. It has a lot of air cushion padding inside and is very comfortable to wear. You won't find one in your local shop, but they are the upper end of the spectrum in cost for these types.

I wear smaller pants and everything fits fine. TBH it felt different when I changed from Reebok to this in the beginning, but John recommended wearing the waistband loose and the leg padding snug and everything is exactly as it should be now.

Archived