2018/2019 Beer League Discussion

coopaloop1234

Super fun game tonight.

I"ve been playing hockey, always as a goalie, for 26 years and this was my first 0-0 tie --a double shutout.

Shots on goal were officially 14-36, probably more like 18-40.  I had the lesser amount of shots and we peppered the other goalie pretty consistently and he played so well, really fun to watch.  He was a pretty short guy so super compact and very efficient and he must have made a dozen glove saves.

I had a couple of good scrambles and a really nice save with my right leg that started with an easy left pad save, rebound, pass to my right and a bit behind me on the goal line...boom.  That's one I wish I had on video because I'm pretty sure I had my trapper (left) trailing behind me in the air all dramatic looking, haha.  

Second shutout for me so far this season.  I'm enjoying my new VE8 blocker, V6 2200 glove, and Ventus SLR carbon pants so much.  VE8 pads are being stitched togeher this week.  I found out they've been cut for weeks and in a bin!!  Haha.  I'm not upset at all.  They're perfectly within their stated time frame.  I'm just so excited to get them really soon.  Time to (semi-) retire my beloved V6 vertical stitch pads.  The've done me well and I'll keep them forever with their matching mitts.  

Tonight was an 11pm game.  It's now 1:30am and I'm having a beer, just had a cheeseburger, and I'm pretty wired.  I have physical therapy at 7:30am before work tomorrow....err....in a few hours.   Ugh. But all for hockey, so totally worth it. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good start of the season(s) for me.

Plenty of wins, 2 shutouts, I own 3 spots in the top 10 league wide (not divison) for SV% and am in the top 20 for GAA.

I also am tied for the most MVP nominations as well, that's just with one team, other teams I'm up there as well.

Gotta say confidence in my game is definitely at the highest it's ever been.

SV%

Untitled.thumb.png.ec95981a5d940a113f13c7f24ce64078.png

GAA

Untitled2.thumb.png.2858b958d5359e6e69965078d51c2994.png

MVP's

Untitled3.thumb.png.623c35d0cb77cdff1d9a58e47c4201cf.png

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Pretty good start of the season(s) for me.

Plenty of wins, 2 shutouts, I own 3 spots in the top 10 league wide (not divison) for SV% and am in the top 20 for GAA.

I also am tied for the most MVP nominations as well, that's just with one team, other teams I'm up there as well.

Gotta say confidence in my game is definitely at the highest it's ever been.

Untitled.thumb.png.ec95981a5d940a113f13c7f24ce64078.png

Untitled2.thumb.png.2858b958d5359e6e69965078d51c2994.png

Untitled3.thumb.png.623c35d0cb77cdff1d9a58e47c4201cf.png

Image result for patting your own back gif

I'm not surprised by your success one bit. As a group here on thegoalnet.com we made a concerted effort this summer to tear your Elitist ego down every chance we got... and in doing so have built you up to the goaltender you have now become. You're welcome.

1 minute ago, BadAngle41 said:

I'm not surprised by your success one bit. As a group here on thegoalnet.com we made a concerted effort this summer to tear your Elitist ego down every chance we got... and in doing so have built you up to the goaltender you have now become. You're welcome.

I appreciate all the love and support I get from all the members here. It truly means the world to me.

Hugz N Kisses

- Coop

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

How many nights a week do you play, @coopaloop1234?

At least twice. Averaging about three.

I'm on two teams full time and am the designated "backup" for about 5 other teams if their main goalie can't show.

Here's my confirmed schedule for November. 13 league games so far and probably a few more sprinkled in.

Untitled.thumb.png.5dc9f87e1633d68faa7705c7e83771c9.png

Nice.

Similar for me, at least twice and often three.

I'm on one league team, play organized pickup once, and I'm the 5th goalie in a 4 team league on call for subbing.  Getting lots of sub opportunities there and in a few other leagues as well.  Three times a week is ideal but really only if they're spread out.  In a perfect world I'd play Sunday, Tuesday, Friday.

Congrats on those stats. Looking good.

34 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Nice.

Similar for me, at least twice and often three.

I'm on one league team, play organized pickup once, and I'm the 5th goalie in a 4 team league on call for subbing.  Getting lots of sub opportunities there and in a few other leagues as well.  Three times a week is ideal but really only if they're spread out.  In a perfect world I'd play Sunday, Tuesday, Friday.

Congrats on those stats. Looking good.

I'm along the same lines. I do like to try and spread it out but obviously that doesn't always happen.

Thanks man. I definitely had to brag just a little bit. Sometimes you need to /flex

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm along the same lines. I do like to try and spread it out but obviously that doesn't always happen.

Thanks man. I definitely had to brag just a little bit. Sometimes you need to /flex

Yup.

I will say, three nights in a row is rough in my late 30s.  20s, no problem.

4 minutes ago, Flyers27 said:

Nice start Cooper! I've done better to start this season as well. I've had the opportunity to play in some higher division games and got my 1st shutout last night. The team played really well though and kept the shot count down. 

Congrats man. I'm surprised you guys haven't got bumped up to div 10. You guys are just manhandling div 11/

15 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Man I am jealous of how much some of you guys play.  I'm lucky to get once a week.  Between my work schedule and a baby at home I just don't get to play as much as I used to.  

You hang in there, man - trust me, it gets better in a few years. Then, when your youngest can tie their own skates, and you’re playing as much as you want, @coopaloop1234 will be on here, saying “gee, whiz fellas; being a dad sure is tough! Would have been real swell if someone would have warned me!” 

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

You hang in there, man - trust me, it gets better in a few years. Then, when your youngest can tie their own skates, and you’re playing as much as you want, @coopaloop1234 will be on here, saying “gee, whiz fellas; being a dad sure is tough! Would have been real swell if someone would have warned me!” 

I was in the same position as him, not every long ago.  I had the same mindset as him not very long ago.  Life changes lol.  @coopaloop1234 Don't get married if you wanna keep up your current lifestyle.  Bitches change everything lol

Kinda nervous about my game tonight.  Aside from playing for the first time in almost a month, I will be using several pieces of new gear all for the first time.

Tonight I am debuting my Protechsport Harrison mask.  I was still fiddling with the harness when I left for work a few hours ago.  I have to do a little more fine tuning tonight when I get out of work.  The five point harness definitely feels different form the individual straps my Pro's Choice has.  I have Outsider straps on order, tracking says Monday of course.  Oh well.  My fault for taking me sweet ass time ordering them knowing I planned on using the mask for the first time tonight.

The second piece of gear I am using is a 25" Warrior CR1.  I have been using a 26" CR1 for a few months now but difference in LIE between Warrior sticks and the Passau sticks I have been using prior has really thrown a wrench in my stance.  I have a gaping hole under my blocker arm that I have never had previously. I am hoping that the smaller paddle will help negate the difference in LIE and help close that hole.

Finally, I am going to be using my Brown 2200 c/a for the first time post-op after being under the knife of Keeps33.  I am curious if the modifications he made will change the feel of the arms at all.  Pictures can be seen here.

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Kinda nervous about my game tonight.  Aside from playing for the first time in almost a month, I will be using several pieces of new gear all for the first time.

Tonight I am debuting my Protechsport Harrison mask.  I was still fiddling with the harness when I left for work a few hours ago.  I have to do a little more fine tuning tonight when I get out of work.  The five point harness definitely feels different form the individual straps my Pro's Choice has.  I have Outsider straps on order, tracking says Monday of course.  Oh well.  My fault for taking me sweet ass time ordering them knowing I planned on using the mask for the first time tonight.

The second piece of gear I am using is a 25" Warrior CR1.  I have been using a 26" CR1 for a few months now but difference in LIE between Warrior sticks and the Passau sticks I have been using prior has really thrown a wrench in my stance.  I have a gaping hole under my blocker arm that I have never had previously. I am hoping that the smaller paddle will help negate the difference in LIE and help close that hole.

Finally, I am going to be using my Brown 2200 c/a for the first time post-op after being under the knife of Keeps33.  I am curious if the modifications he made will change the feel of the arms at all.  Pictures can be seen here.

how your game go?

11 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Don't worry lucky, ill think of you when I'm slipping one by the goalie. ?

9 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I was in the same position as him, not every long ago.  I had the same mindset as him not very long ago.  Life changes lol.  @coopaloop1234 Don't get married if you wanna keep up your current lifestyle.  Bitches change everything lol

Nah man, my fiancée just graduated her masters, she's further from having a kid than I am haha. 

But yea, I'm definitely enjoying life at the moment. Shit will change, but God damn am I not going to enjoy my time now. 

8 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Nah man, my fiancée just graduated her masters, she's further from having a kid than I am haha. 

But yea, I'm definitely enjoying life at the moment. Shit will change, but God damn am I not going to enjoy my time now. 

Man, that's the right attitude. You paid your price to get in to the buffet (or boo-fay), now you gotta strap on the feed bag until they throw you out. That's my motto as a married, 38 year old who is averaging 4-5 hours of ice time per week. Wife's approved my budget for new gear next year, so I'm chowing down! 

13 hours ago, Max27 said:

how your game go?

We won 16-5 I think.  Chest was fine.  Really didn't feel much of a difference from before the modifications...which is what I was hoping for.  The modification that Jay did for me allowed me to tighten the elbow floaters so they're closer to the arm without sacrificing mobility of the arm bending.  

The mask will definitely take some getting used to.  The harness is way too soft and flexible.  No matter how tight I made it I could not make it tight enough.  There was just too much play.  I have outsider straps from Goalie Parts.com that I ordered a few days ago, should be delivered Monday.  Hopefully that helps. 
I'm not crazy about the padding either.  My face sits further away from the cage than it does in my Pro's Choice.

The stick, though only one inch smaller than my other CR1, felt like I was playing with a toothpick.  

12 hours ago, DL42 said:

which warrior pattern were u using in the  26"?

Both are Mrazek patterns.  

10 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Enjoy it while you can.  For a long time, my wife and I were on the same page with never having kids.  Then her friend had a kid, her sister had a kid, her friend got pregnant with a second kid, another friend got pregnant,  one of my best friends knocked up his wife, and my brothers wife got pregnant.  So I guess she caught the bug.  I said ok I guess we may as well be miserable at the same time as everyone else.  I tell you what though, that boy change me, I wouldn't take it back for anything.  

Archived