2018/2019 Beer League Discussion

coopaloop1234

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

So playoffs start tonight. After cramming in 9 games in two weeks to end the season, we're finally upon the time that matters.

And timing couldn't be worse too. I have a tournament next weekend and it probably bumps up against the potential third game in one of my series. Luckily that series is with the same team I'm in the tournament with.

Untitled.thumb.png.aa35242a500a28950fe88d052096280c.png

12 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So playoffs start tonight. After cramming in 9 games in two weeks to end the season, we're finally upon the time that matters.

And timing couldn't be worse too. I have a tournament next weekend and it probably bumps up against the potential third game in one of my series. Luckily that series is with the same team I'm in the tournament with.

Untitled.thumb.png.aa35242a500a28950fe88d052096280c.png

Ah see ye hae tartan day marked doon in yer calendar. Guid laddie! Ah foun a set ye kin wear if ye play that day:

image.png.727581f69dd698fad3da71256035bdd8.png

image.png.eb9f898c520784ff04c6caa8d31f589a.png

image.png.14fa849e93ac55cc9c489fe393473501.png

1. One team has made it to the second round. We play the best team (of div 8 lol). We have games 2+3 this weekend while I'm away for a tournament. Captain isn't going to be too happy about that.

2. Higher div team (div 4) was eliminated last night. We played super well, just got super unlucky with the other team capitalizing on their chances. Definitely stings being knocked out in the first round.

1st round exit for us too. 1st game was close, but I had a really good game. We got outshot badly but lost in a shootout. 2nd game our D...let's just say there were a few breakaways, and I didn't have my best game. The other team was better than us though and deserved to win. 

10 minutes ago, Flyers27 said:

1st round exit for us too. 1st game was close, but I had a really good game. We got outshot badly but lost in a shootout. 2nd game our D...let's just say there were a few breakaways, and I didn't have my best game. The other team was better than us though and deserved to win. 

It's the way she goes.

Playing spring?

26 minutes ago, Flyers27 said:

Wolfgang is shutting down for spring and I'm not sure if they are going to get back together for next fall either, so I may be looking for a new team. I'll likely sub in the spring and play drop in at Maple Ridge too. You? 

Div 8 team will be playing spring and I'll be playing some 3v3 hockey out at Excellent Ice.

While I can't say I'm a huge fan of 3v3 hockey, the benefits of it are great, even at a low level. Tons and tons of shots and you don't get to rely too heavily on just blocking shots and/or having your D clear bad rebounds. It's like a cheap version of goalie school. :P

In our first playoff game the other night, we beat our season rivals 6-5 in OT, 38 shots on my and 24 on the other goalie.  Of the 5 on me, 4 were breakaways.  I acknowledge that's bad and personally concerning...but....I also stopped a 2 on 0 and another breakaway, so there's that.  The 5th goal on me was a sliding save from my right to left and I ended up on my belly with my skate on the post and there was a guy just hacking away at my pad until it finally moved and the puck went it. 

Not sure what my defense was doing that night, but we won and we moved on.  Good times.

Archived