Stiff Knee Blocks on Bauer 1X Pads

Max27

As many of you who have followed my trilogy of bullshit of trying to figure out my next set of leg pads, @coopaloop1234  for sure knows, ?

you will know I wanted to get the 1x pads, as theyre listed as "hybrid" pads and ive tried them in real life and i liked them a lot, but the knee block was very stiff, and it felt uncomfortable to me. I want to make it work that I could get 1x pads as they look awesome, they felt great, and the landing pad was my only issue with them, so I was wondering, would wearing a bulky knee pad, like the ritual X ones from Warrior, make a knee block that felt uncomfortable or unpleasant, less unpleasant? 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

What happened to getting the R/GT's? lol

i still have them in mind, just keeping all the choices in mind lol

the gts are likely what i will get, ive wanted them since i started playing, just exploring all the choices 

1 minute ago, Urabus33 said:

I had a similiar issue when my EF3 were new. I wear PAW knee pads with the ritual landing part sewn on and it worked like a charm.

i didnt use my knee pads when i tried the vapors but my knee pads are very thin and i dont see how they would help very much at all, ill give it a try though

1 minute ago, Max27 said:

i didnt use my knee pads when i tried the vapors but my knee pads are very thin and i dont see how they would help very much at all, ill give it a try though

It made a big difference for me. I used to get a rug-burn type irritation with just the PAW knee pad, but not that the Warrior knee lading part is under me they have been great. I had the KOHO knee pads as well and while they were real bulky the landing was great.

It made a big difference for me. I used to get a rug-burn type irritation with just the PAW knee pad, but not that the Warrior knee lading part is under me they have been great. I had the KOHO knee pads as well and while they were real bulky the landing was great.

i wear these 

Screenshot 2018-09-10 at 11.16.47 AM.png

that probably wont be enough cushioning for the issue you are having. 

yeah thats why i didnt bother trying them on with the vapors, they arent bulky at all but i dont really need a bulky knee pad, i like the thinner ones, i use a small-ish pad (34+1) and i like everything a little smaller for enhanced mobility

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Stiff Knee Blocks on Bauer 1X Pads
16 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I honestly think Vaughn/Brians have been the healthy medium for soft and hard leg pads (depending on what line you get) warriors quite literally, play like pillows. if they had another line of pads maybe I’d be convinced 

I didn't quote that @coopaloop1234 post to be negative towards Warrior.  I'm sure he knew what I meant by that.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You better not be knocking my pads son. Imma wreck u.

(and yea, knew exactly what you meant lol)

lol. maybe it didn’t register with me yet. I’m not knocking on warrior, I like how innovative they are, the catchers never quite fit around my hand but I can see why people like it. at least it’s not bauer 

oooh, digital printing!!

7 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

lol. maybe it didn’t register with me yet. I’m not knocking on warrior, I like how innovative they are, the catchers never quite fit around my hand but I can see why people like it. at least it’s not bauer 

oooh, digital printing!!

Yea, you're still missing the point lol. Best not to worry about it. :P

On 9/13/2018 at 6:20 PM, southpawtendy48 said:

lol. yeah. Max is set on warrior is what you’re saying? I didn’t word myself properly but that is my understanding.

Oh well. ?

On 9/12/2018 at 8:54 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Don't even bother.

On 9/10/2018 at 9:58 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

What happened to getting the R/GT's? lol

im exploring other brands as well as the warriors bc i like a tight leg channel and the warriors have a loose fit. ive tried loose fit and it feels sloppy. i love the control you get with the tight fit. i heard from warrior that you can adjust the 360 sling wrap strap to make it tighter but i was discussing the g4s with him on there, not sure if its the same way on the gts. the gts are meant to feel more solid, thats why they went away from the removable liner on the palm and laced in a 70 degree break. in a video, lee, a goalie manager from pure goalie said it felt like you were pulling the liner, and then the liner was pulling the glove, and they laced in the eternal break where in the g3s and g4 gloves you can remove the liners, like i said already to give a solid(er) locked down feel to it

i use the glove example bc its not as adjustable, so that could be carried thru to the gt leg pads.

@coopaloop1234 is the 360 slingwrap adjustable to make it more tight?

10 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

To an extent yes. The rgt is identical to the g3 and very close to the g4. If you couldn't get the G4's to your liking, you won't find more success with the rgt 

i never tried the warriors, i was just asking a rep about it because i heard it was a loose fit and he said you can tighten it 

im gonna give them a shot if i can get them a lot tighter

Archived