Mounting question

Xdave90x

Just filmed a shinny game yesterday night. I have a suction cup mount for my gopro; a 3 cup mount and just bought a gopro one. used the 3 cup one but took too long to get all the suction cups lounted on the glass, the gopro one was easier (the neck setup as high as it reaches). I just mount it behind the net as reasonably high as I can easily remove the mount as well.

On 9/16/2018 at 6:21 PM, Xdave90x said:

Hey guys i want to start filming my games too but i'd like to see your setup to mount the camera 

Thanks in advance

Suction cup mount. When I film behind the net wide angle the side angle I use in shinny’s I mount it on the glass at the hash marks and on the narrow setting 

So I bought this and used it last night for the first time. Made it through the first period without a problem, and we switch ends between periods. I mounted it behind the net for the second, and it fell off about halfway through the period, and I wasn't able to get it to suction back to the glass again (though its a bit difficult with the game going on even in between whistles). There is a little knob that can be tightened near where the camera mount attaches, that always seems to come loose.

In general, they tout this as being something to attach to the outside of your car while driving, I'd be fearful of that for sure. I may look into returning it, and trying to find something else. I have heard the phrase of "we're too poor to buy cheap things," maybe this is a situation like that.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if that topic is still relevant to someone but I personaly mount my camera on the outside of the glass since I only do pick-ups, or games that don't have me switching sides.  That way I feel the thing is properly protected.

I use a standard generic, no brand, single cup suction cup mount and never had an issue with it.  Oh yes, once.  But the shot caught the glass right where the cup was placed.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my homemade setup using 1/2" thick board I had lying around. It sits on top of the glass and the camera position is consistent. This year I added the battery pack so that I don't run out of battery during a 90 minute session. I used a Dremel to open up the case for the cable. It's no longer waterproof but as a bonus, the sound isn't muffle anymore because the microphone is next to the USB port.

IMG_8206.thumb.JPG.31ada4ea36a75495fb93a2c25325a328.JPG

16 hours ago, KootenayKeeper said:

Here's my homemade setup using 1/2" thick board I had lying around. It sits on top of the glass and the camera position is consistent. This year I added the battery pack so that I don't run out of battery during a 90 minute session. I used a Dremel to open up the case for the cable. It's no longer waterproof but as a bonus, the sound isn't muffle anymore because the microphone is next to the USB port.

That looks fantastic.  Nice work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived