Disappearance of 2 piece thumb&cuff on gloves

Max27

19 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

The bending back I get, but I still get maximum coverage in the pocket area with the LT98. This isn’t the greatest picture and I didn’t have my c/a on b/c I was volunteering, but the pocket is huge! Coverage hasn’t been in issue for me when I actually put my glove out more as I have a tendency not to do that.

Pocket doesn't have anything to do with the cuff aside from the trade off for total circumference.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Pocket doesn't have anything to do with the cuff aside from the trade off for total circumference.

Yes, but how do you control rebounds? it’s not like I never got weird bounces from the cuff of my CCM premier. I guess I’m not talking about the cuff then, but if you’re talking about coverage, it’s maybe 1 inch of circumfrence you’re missing if I’m not mistaken. Some Vaughn’s are more centered towards having a larger pocket and others might be centered towards having an overall larger glove like a 1 piece. If you are taking the aerial angle off it should land in the pocket, not the cuff, it helps me index it more in my opinion

44 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Yes, but how do you control rebounds? it’s not like I never got weird bounces from the cuff of my CCM premier. I guess I’m not talking about the cuff then, but if you’re talking about coverage, it’s maybe 1 inch of circumfrence you’re missing if I’m not mistaken. Some Vaughn’s are more centered towards having a larger pocket and others might be centered towards having an overall larger glove like a 1 piece. If you are taking the aerial angle off it should land in the pocket, not the cuff, it helps me index it more in my opinion

It's not so much for controlled rebounds but for more consistent rebounds.

| is going to be more consistent than ).

With a two piece cuff, you are allowing more flexibility into the wrist area of the glove which (what chenner said) allows for a more inconsistent blocking surface that can lead to the puck taking odd bounces. And that's not taking into effect potential loss in coverage due to not having a consistent area to 'display' to the puck.

It's not saying that two piece cuffs are worse, it's just that a large trend in gear over the last little while has been consistency when making saves. Being able to accurately predict how a puck is going to react when making a save allows you a lot more time.

31 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's not so much for controlled rebounds but for more consistent rebounds.

| is going to be more consistent than ).

With a two piece cuff, you are allowing more flexibility into the wrist area of the glove which (what chenner said) allows for a more inconsistent blocking surface that can lead to the puck taking odd bounces. And that's not taking into effect potential loss in coverage due to not having a consistent area to 'display' to the puck.

It's not saying that two piece cuffs are worse, it's just that a large trend in gear over the last little while has been consistency when making saves. Being able to accurately predict how a puck is going to react when making a save allows you a lot more time.

That’s true. I just prefer catching it rather than it popping out in front of me for a cover 

Archived