HM30 options

itis121

I abandoned using real HM30s at the end of their run anyway. Bauer HM30s were pretty weak by then. Although they were about $35 new still at most shops, so I'd replace them all the time.

I switched to a Sportmask SM-90 and never had to replace it.

But if you're going for the real HM30 cage, that one looks legit.

10 hours ago, RichMan said:

Looks just like the original. Rey also produces one. Maybe OTNY can make one as well.

I emailed them with no reply.I asked the guys are the skate shop a few months ago to see if they can get some from them. I'll ask if they got a reply back.

18 minutes ago, MTH said:

I abandoned using real HM30s at the end of their run anyway. Bauer HM30s were pretty weak by then. Although they were about $35 new still at most shops, so I'd replace them all the time.

But if you're going for the real HM30 cage, that one looks legit.

I'm tempted but but still open to options. I'm planning on getting a protech mask for actual games tho.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 9:58 AM, MTH said:

Got a SM-90 with a sk2000 I'll be using for parts. I'm happy with the purchase! Tho I'll be using this once for low level shinny, then on display.20181015_223246.thumb.jpg.4d659367a2b81243107a20f28fe5ae98.jpg

I like. Looks like new foam in the 600?

I loved wearing the SK 600. Wore it forever for deck hockey and roller hockey. I had the original Styrofoam looking padding still in it with the sweat band. My grandmom bought me that helmet for around $35 when new with a VL 50 cage from Herman's Sporting Goods in the day.

a778ca20be8c3f3ef406192e018380e8.jpg

I also worked there in college. Cool company.

Archived