Steve Mason is still unsigned...

Moose75

On 9/29/2018 at 11:39 PM, Moose75 said:

HOW? He's a solid 1A or starter depending on your team. Ottawa, Vancouver, Dallas even?

The last time he was any good was 3 season ago...since then he's proven to be inconsistent and injury prone.  He'll get picked up when injuries start to pile up, otherwise, at 30 years old, he's not worth what you'd have to pay him at this point.

5 hours ago, daffy said:

How long before st.louis blues come calling????  Allen=terrible.  I was a fan of his but they have to make a move.  Maybe Mason helps?

Ok Allen certainly didn’t have a great year but he’s not terrible, when he’s in his game, he owns it. I believe if he can be more consistent they’ll be ok, and if they’re looking for a solution mason is not it.

4 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Ok Allen certainly didn’t have a great year but he’s not terrible, when he’s in his game, he owns it. I believe if he can be more consistent they’ll be ok, and if they’re looking for a solution mason is not it.

Mason is not the solution, but Allen has been outright PAINFUL to watch.

3 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Mason is not the solution, but Allen has been outright PAINFUL to watch.

I watched the condensed game. Only one, maybe two of those goals I'd place on a goalie. That said I think he's painfully mediocre. When you're 28 and people are still saying things like "but he has potential", it's usually an indication that it's as good (or average) as it can get.

I wish someone could use a shock collar on Allen to ensure he sets his feet. He's bad with that and drifts backwards which opens him up for goals.

Archived