"Clean"

ULTIMA

This is driving me nuts. It shouldn't and it probably is a little thing to nit-pick about. But I dunno where it came from, I dunno where it started but I'm reading it more and more and for the first time a customer said it in person and used the word "clean" to describe gear.

I don't know what the hell this means. First it started out as "dirty" and then "filthy" (which sounds silly to me) but what is clean?

Clean1.jpg

Clean2.jpg

Clean3.jpg

Clean4.jpg

Clean5.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Max27 said:

im pretty sure, its meaning that the graphic looks really good. not like overly busy or simple.

i have not a clue how to explain it lmfao 

I'd add the adjective crisp (without unnecessary details.) Typically used when something has a simple design that is bold, immediately recognizable, and the aforementioned crispness.

Then again, they could also being referring to the fact these sets have no puck marks yet... clean. But likely the first explanation.

297.png.jpg.f3a20723fd9a48b9209eea713c83dfde.jpg

I get it, I think it's heavily overused and not properly for that matter either. I woudn't contribute the warrior images as "clean"

Something like this would suffice in my opinion. Simple, not overly busy, clear designation for colours. The use of a lot of white is also a decent contributor towards a "clean" looking set.

Untitled.png.a709848710ad70fd563415b085b22473.png

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

"it probably is a little thing to nit-pick about"

Yes it is

I've always attributed a "clean" set as a simple, yet satisfying set. One person's opinion of it being too simple/not simple enough, or what is satisfying to them is varying, though.

On 10/2/2018 at 5:17 PM, braedub90 said:

Yes it is

I've always attributed a "clean" set as a simple, yet satisfying set. One person's opinion of it being too simple/not simple enough, or what is satisfying to them is varying, though.

Took the words from my mouth lol

I do love how current Warrior gear looks shiny and leathery.  I think it is by far the most aesthetically sexy gear on the market and they always look like they should come with whiskey and a cigar, especially the pads with the color zones like so and the middle section left blank.  It's amazing looking.....very "clean."

image.png.1e322650c098e6d387db1fb3b0aef374.png

Archived