"Clean"

ULTIMA

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Kayen said:

This is normal rink talk/terms for me as well... and I am a guy nearing his 30's as well, and most of the guys i play with are above 30... so i'm genuinely confused why it's being looked down upon here. 

Because someone of our age group shouldn't be talking like children.  

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Celly, praccy, chel/chell, flow, bucket, twig, tendy.  I fucking hate them all

Bucket (or lid) and twig I can deal with.  Mostly because they have been around a LONG time... Jofa helmets WERE buckets, and twig of course goes back to the wooden stick days.  Calling a composite stick a twig is kinda stupid LOL

11 minutes ago, Naz said:

Bucket (or lid) and twig I can deal with.  Mostly because they have been around a LONG time... Jofa helmets WERE buckets, and twig of course goes back to the wooden stick days.  Calling a composite stick a twig is kinda stupid LOL

Around a long time or not I have always hated them.

Just now, seagoal said:

Don't forget pillows and waffle board for throwback words.

Ugh, pillows.  Add that one to the list as well.

13 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Because someone of our age group shouldn't be talking like children.  

Debatable, we can carry out with whatever diction we want. Hockey isn't necessarily a serious environment, hence no need to carry ourselves out in such a stiff manner I suppose. 
SNIPE CELLY WHEEL BOYZ

Edit: Especially beer league hockey, we're just there to have fun. 

On 10/4/2018 at 11:35 AM, Kayen said:

I like beer league. It's that extra motivation, especially when you know your D is going to crap all over you 

Damn, coprophilia is an interesting post-game tradition for a goalie and their defense! My defensemen usually just say, "Sorry man" before they toss me a beer.

Since most of us here are just complaining about overused slang we don't like, here's one that is an absolute epidemic in the NHL: gutless.

Man, everything is gutless these days. A thrown punch. A bad hit. A picked fight. A post-game comment. A goal celebration. Scoring another goal when the score is already high. A fan interaction. The list of what can be 'gutless' is long, indeed.

Soon enough, a player will say it was 'gutless' that they were placed on waivers ?

34 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Since most of us here are just complaining about overused slang we don't like, here's one that is an absolute epidemic in the NHL: gutless.

Man, everything is gutless these days. A thrown punch. A bad hit. A picked fight. A post-game comment. A goal celebration. Scoring another goal when the score is already high. A fan interaction. The list of what can be 'gutless' is long, indeed.

Soon enough, a player will say it was 'gutless' that they were placed on waivers ?

The 'intangibles' of the word gutless is really what makes the word so unique. 

It can be used up and down the ice, while working hard shift by shift and sticking to your game plan.

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The 'intangibles' of the word gutless is really what makes the word so unique. 

It can be used up and down the ice, while working hard shift by shift and sticking to your game plan.

-intangibles

-gutless

-"fuckin' right"

-poise

-presence of mind

-"he would like to have that one back"

ok, i'll dive head first inot this pile of lexical begrudery. The most over-killed phrase that sends a shock through my brain every single time I hear it from NHL talking heads / players / coaches is "his compete" or "his compete level" as a noun. I was shaking just writing that out...

On a corollary point,  can I add Pierre McGuire calling Vegas games during replays:  "pay attention to #81 in green.  Watch how he...."

No.  No.  No, Pierre.  There's no green in their uniforms, nor on their jersey, nor in their logo.  It's grey.  Grey is not green and green is not grey.  You've repeatedly done this since last season and again last night.   Just stop.  It's not green.

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

On a corollary point,  can I add Pierre McGuire calling Vegas games during replays:  "pay attention to #81 in green.  Watch how he...."

No.  No.  No, Pierre.  There's no green in their uniforms, nor on their jersey, nor in their logo.  It's grey.  Grey is not green and green is not grey.  You've repeatedly done this since last season and again last night.   Just stop.  It's not green.

Some 3rd line dude scores a goal.

Pierre, loud as the 7th Trumpet of Revelation: "WHAT A GOAL FOR [X] FROM FROGBALLS, ARKANSAS. PLAYED FOR COACH DICK TRICKLE ON THE CUCAMONGA KUMQUATS FROM THE NO-HL! THE PEOPLE OF FROGBALLS, ARKANSAS WILL BE SO PROUD OF [X]!! He shows poise and the presence of mind to get to the net and"

Archived