Reason behind NHLers switching to a Kenesky C&A?

cwarnar

There is not enough scoring, so whittle away at equipment spec until they decide to make larger goals.

Or- my conspiracy theory is that evil little Boris Bettman wants goalies to feel the puck so much that they are scared of the puck, thusly scoring will increase; my other conspiracy theory is to fatigue goalies from all the shots, therefore the goalie is less sharp and lets in more goals.

With evil little Boris Bettman, I could see that being the underlying motivation.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

There is not enough scoring, so whittle away at equipment spec until they decide to make larger goals.

Or- my conspiracy theory is that evil little Boris Bettman wants goalies to feel the puck so much that they are scared of the puck, thusly scoring will increase; my other conspiracy theory is to fatigue goalies from all the shots, therefore the goalie is less sharp and lets in more goals.

With evil little Boris Bettman, I could see that being the underlying motivation.

lmao boris bettman

22 hours ago, Max27 said:

yeah i heard about Helleybuck saying how he said he felt a shot he otherwise wouldn't have felt in the new spec. Not sure why the NHL feels a need to do this, there wasn't much scoring issues last year

C/A's were too big, that's why the NHL is doing this.  There was plenty of fat to be trimmed on chest pads.  The new specs are still plenty big.

22 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

C/A's were too big, that's why the NHL is doing this.  There was plenty of fat to be trimmed on chest pads.  The new specs are still plenty big.

the premiers and the keneskys have looked fine. The bauer looked scary small that was debuted a few months back

On 9/19/2018 at 1:30 PM, cwarnar said:

Looks very P1 ish... With some design elements of the Vaughn Velo units.

Hoping they stick... Curious to see how they play.  Dave Wilcox has a solid rep with Pro clients from his TPS/Sherwood Days with Hank, Hasek and countless others 

FB_IMG_1537377895226.jpg.a326e562a6316c31e5f4a6d37d52e98d.jpgFB_IMG_1537377901426.thumb.jpg.b374256e8780915a883b737af108c5d6.jpgFB_IMG_1537377905382.thumb.jpg.d7249fd168ed96983ab79dcef7a2ef41.jpg

Did anyone whatch the game between the Capitals and Penguins? Looks like Holtby was wearing his Kenesky CA - I noticed this during the overtime period after the Pens scored the winning goal - the logo of the Whitehouse came through his jersey!

Anyone else see this?

5 hours ago, Big2 said:

Did anyone whatch the game between the Capitals and Penguins? Looks like Holtby was wearing his Kenesky CA - I noticed this during the overtime period after the Pens scored the winning goal - the logo of the Whitehouse came through his jersey!

Anyone else see this?

No, but I do now. Good eye. For sure sporting the Kenesky!

holtby3.JPG

On 9/24/2018 at 10:06 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

You lost me at the last part.  I'm as ocd as they come but I would have no problem rocking Brian's pads and blocker and a Vaughn T5500 glove so long as all their colors matched.  I wouldn't force myself to wear something just so everything was the same.  I hate change for that exact reason lol.  I hate having to get used to something new.

LOL, I'm doing almost exactly this right now!  Sub3 pads, Optik blocker, VE8 Carbon 2 piece catch glove.  It would take an absolute miracle to get me to leave Vaughn catch gloves again.  After enduring a higher than normal number of pop-outs by trying to keep a "full set" of Battram gear for many years, followed by 2 sets of Brian's going back to a Vaughn glove has been a revelation.  It just works for me!  Bash Mike Vaughn for being a kook if you want.  Proclaim how he's boring and not innovative from the top of every mountaintop.  I give zero craps as long as he keeps making the best catch gloves in the business.

I've actually got a lead on a really great deal on a like-new set of CCM Premier 2's in (mostly) my team colors).  My current setup is a white base, this set is primarily black.  Unless I absolutely LOVE the CCM 600 break I have every intention of rocking a white Vaughn glove with black CCM pads for the forseeable future.

Back on topic, it's pretty cool to see a smaller player succeeding at the highest level!

These will retail for $700 CAD 

pre orders are being taken now. 

Why are they so popular? New spec was loosely written around the P1 classic design as the size model. Kenesky is the only company making a unit that follows that shape and is close to that model. 

Lots of guys were already in P1 and needed a slightly smaller version and Kenesky is the closest option. Also hearing Kenesky has the best arms of any trimmed down unit 

Man, never thought custom C/A would be something I’d want, but after trying many units, the best combo I can come up with is my pro stock CCM A/B Pro (which I understand is basically the P1) body with Brian’s SZ3 arms. My body is probably meant for a small body with medium arms in most brands, but I go with a large body and medium arms because I want to feel big.

Would be nice to get a bespoke unit that actually fits my measurements. Seeing all these awesome units, I’m also kind of into the idea of customizing the appearance. @Chenner29 @TheGoalNet Or anyone with knowledge, I have a few questions:

- Anyone know if Kenesky will make an “old spec” (I.e. bigger) body still?

- Anyone have an approximate weight on these units?

- Does the 700 CAD price include anything like custom colors, embroidery, etc., or is that just base?

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Man, never thought custom C/A would be something I’d want, but after trying many units, the best combo I can come up with is my pro stock CCM A/B Pro (which I understand is basically the P1) body with Brian’s SZ3 arms. My body is probably meant for a small body with medium arms in most brands, but I go with a large body and medium arms because I want to feel big.

Would be nice to get a bespoke unit that actually fits my measurements. Seeing all these awesome units, I’m also kind of into the idea of customizing the appearance. @Chenner29 @TheGoalNet Or anyone with knowledge, I have a few questions:

- Does the 700 CAD price include anything like custom colors, embroidery, etc., or is that just base?

Thanks in advance.

I know they are taking preorders.  They've been up front that they will be fulfilling all of their pro orders first (Which looks like a lot btw), before moving on to their "mainstream" orders

I'm sure if you email Mike Howard or Dave WIlcox direct with your questions they'll answer them.  Kenesky has top notch customer service

7 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Thanks in advance.

They will be making an old spec c/a. Since they are fully custom, I’m sure you can mix and match parts. 

Weight wise, I was told they are in the ballpark of the P1. 

My pads/glove/blocker were a flat price, even including mods. Not sure if that will change with the chest (it seems a but more labor intensive to make) 

I'd change that backplate first. Man....I hated the straps on my old P1. Could never get it down right.

On the other note, that thing's got some killer rib protection - looks like it rides all the way up to the arm pit.

Other than Holtby's, the floaters look like old Bauer ones.

On 10/2/2018 at 9:46 PM, bunnyman666 said:

Looks like it's working lately. 8-5 and 7-6. Looks like we found the solution to increase NHL scoring, and it ain't the chest protectors. Less starters, more AHL guys and Cam Ward in net = more scoring.  

PS: If Jake Allen sneezes does he become Matt Murray and vice versa? It's like watching twins.

On 10/6/2018 at 12:35 AM, TheGoalNet said:

These will retail for $700 CAD 

pre orders are being taken now. 

Why are they so popular? New spec was loosely written around the P1 classic design as the size model. Kenesky is the only company making a unit that follows that shape and is close to that model. 

Lots of guys were already in P1 and needed a slightly smaller version and Kenesky is the closest option. Also hearing Kenesky has the best arms of any trimmed down unit 

i was noticing that

Not being subject to the NHL rules, because the closest I'll get to the NHL is that Marty Brodeur and I are roughly the same age, I will continue to wear my non-compliant Passau Pro pack chesty, although I just bought a 2005 John Brown as a slightly scaled down chesty for lower level games.  

The Kenesky ones look beautiful, but I don't feel like being slimmed down.  I want to cover as much up top as possible.  Because, beer league.  But that's just me.

On 10/9/2018 at 10:38 AM, Snowman30 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/flyers-elliott-bruised-like-crazy-in-new-pads-1.1188478

If they are starting to get hurt, I wondering what the NHL is going to do ? If it gets bad enough I could see the goalies/NHLPA forcing the league to do something about it.

Good luck with that.   Goalies make up less than 10% of the NHLPA, and the other 90% get paid to score goals.  Trust me, the PA won't do a thing barring a major injury and even then the response will be minimal.

Archived