Seattle Kraken Expansion Team

seagoal

3 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Sort of Canucks? Maybe we need a color no one else has in the NHL, like cardboard brown. Or other bright colors like you mentioned.

It's opposite of the Canucks and while it would be neat, it's just too similar to be rivals. It makes us seem like cousins.

Look at all the rest of the grouping of rival teams, they all have pretty distinct colours that differentiate each other. I'm still on board for Vancouver to go back to the Black/Red/Yellow spaghetti skate palette. That way Seattle can have the PNW colours and match with their Seahawks.

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

I habitually browse SidelineSwap and just saw these.

Appropriate timing for this conversation of colors

Hold your Vaughn jokes ;)

^ ---- (softball lob for @coopaloop1234)

7ec0070470af5c7b_large.jpeg

This is probably the first set of pads with a split outer roll that I actually like. I still think cardboard brown would make for some interesting goalie pads. Surely someone would make it look like they have literal cardboard boxes on their legs. Puck marks would also look like shipping damage. Like so: 

zz.jpg

Edited by ThatCarGuy

Ha, Sushi. 

There's been some funny, satirical name suggestions:  Sushi, Soy Lattes, Coffee, Hipsters, Techies, Sea Slugs.....on and on and on.

My eyes are drawn instantly to that Aviators scheme, minus the name.  This was my pick for colors way back on page 1 of this thread.   It's either this or navy/neon green for me.

image.png.8e9fadbbecb465269f58b0d5c8eec7ee.png

If I were in charge it would be Seattle Sea_____________ (something) or at the very least Seattle S_______________.

Edited by seagoal

On 12/5/2018 at 4:56 PM, seagoal said:

Ha, Sushi. 

There's been some funny, satirical name suggestions:  Sushi, Soy Lattes, Coffee, Hipsters, Techies, Sea Slugs.....on and on and on.

My eyes are drawn instantly to that Aviators scheme, minus the name.  This was my pick for colors way back on page 1 of this thread.   It's either this or navy/neon green for me.

image.png.8e9fadbbecb465269f58b0d5c8eec7ee.png

If I were in charge it would be Seattle Sea_____________ (something) or at the very least Seattle S_______________.

Hmmmmm. 

image.png.0719db221ea45c5e8bb0404a0b34f239.png

I think the colours should match the Mariners and the SeaHawks. I like when a city clearly has a connection between pro teams. Like Pittsburgh, Pirates, Steelers and Penguins all have the same colours. I would prefer them to match the SeaHawks though, with the lime/Neon green.

I think a team's colour scheme should reflect the city and it's environment. Montreal is Red, white, blue because at the beginning, the Habs chose those colours, to reflect the French particularity of the city. It's France's flag colors (back then, Quebec didn't had a flag). When I think of Vancouver, I see the ocean and giant trees. So Blue and green is perfect, I never got into the black, yellow and orange or the Navy, Silver and Maroon. That's where I would start if I was in charge of the graphics for Seattle.

• Like 2