Warrior GT2

indykrap

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure as hell hope so.

I'm pretty certain that they will be releasing a second version of the line, it seemed fairly popular (not G3/G4 levels though) and it bolsters their lineup and puts them in line with the rest of the big boys with having their "stiff" pad and their "flexible" pad.

I've been a massive fan of the original R/GT line and while I may end up switching over to the G4 line (want to see the R/GT2 line first), I won't move away from the 70 degree glove that the R/GT line has.

It's been a while since my review below and I've put the gear through a lot more wear and tear since then, but it's holding up extremely well. I'm starting to see the pads really soften up now, but I'm 1.5 years in with them with 2-4 ice times a week.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I sure as hell hope so.

I'm pretty certain that they will be releasing a second version of the line, it seemed fairly popular (not G3/G4 levels though) and it bolsters their lineup and puts them in line with the rest of the big boys with having their "stiff" pad and their "flexible" pad.

I've been a massive fan of the original R/GT line and while I may end up switching over to the G4 line (want to see the R/GT2 line first), I won't move away from the 70 degree glove that the R/GT line has.

It's been a while since my review below and I've put the gear through a lot more wear and tear since then, but it's holding up extremely well. I'm starting to see the pads really soften up now, but I'm 1.5 years in with them with 2-4 ice times a week.

Very cool review, thanks! That's good to hear about the style of pad. Basically what I'd be looking for is a more flexible, but hard-faced pad. I like my Premiers as they have one internal/external break but would prefer a softer boot, likely.

1 minute ago, indykrap said:

Very cool review, thanks! That's good to hear about the style of pad. Basically what I'd be looking for is a more flexible, but hard-faced pad. I like my Premiers as they have one internal/external break but would prefer a softer boot, likely.

New P2's have a very soft boot. Like surprisingly soft.

G4's have a softish boot as well. I'm just guessing, but I think the R/GT2 line will have the same new features as the G4 but with a tapered toe and more torsional flex (and I think that's about it to differentiate the two lines).

23 minutes ago, Max27 said:

leather straps wouldnt be something id request as much as a tight fit channel. cant stand a loose fitting pad. imo it feels sloppy as hell lol

I wear my GTs snug.  I hate sloppy pads as well and have no problems.

I think tight fit leg channels and leather straps defeat the principles that Pete uses in his designs 

Things I'd like to see:

Elimination of the outer calf wedge. I just don't think it does much - the leg channel does a good job of wrapping and protecting your leg. I'd like to see something like the CCM P2, which doesn't have an outer wedge.

A bit more reinforcement throughout the pad. I'm not a big guy at 5'10" 175 pounds, but the pad has softened up quite a bit through 11 months of use. The break on my GT has become sort of floppy, which I feel is a little disappointing in a pro pad. Maybe the GT2 will bring the HyperComp reinforcement that the G4 brought.

6 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I think tight fit leg channels and leather straps defeat the principles that Pete uses in his designs 

i wear my pads far tighter than like 90% of goalies do. I like the pads to feel extremely tight like an extension of my leg, without rotation unless my leg is dictating it. Im so reluctant to switch out of it lol i tried a little looser and it felt so sloppy and unconnected

6 hours ago, cwarnar said:

im thinking of something like how Brians did the Heritage pad.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 4:52 PM, Max27 said:

They should make Leather Straps a custom option and add a tight fit channel. Id personally get warriors if they were like that 

no they shouldnt i take this back. I tried an all elastic setup w more looseness on my CCMs and loved it

Archived