Warrior GT2

indykrap

58 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Poor little mini Coop. At least I know you'll take good care of him.

47 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Looks like the catcher palm is not velcro'd in, like the original GT

The first teaser pictures had the lacing on the front. This video doesn't seem to have those, unless the threading is white and just blends in very well.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Took some screenshots of the video.

No Airslide.

Looks like they're still going with skate lace as the stock toe option. Will probably offer the ARS toe on the side.

Looks like the catcher palm is not velcro'd in, like the original GT.

4.png

That's the same strap position for the glove or moved higher?

5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Can't really tell, but I think it's the normal position. I've never used a GT catch so I cannot say for sure.

The previous G3s and G4s with changeable liners had visible writing in that area denoting the angle being used, but nothing appears to be visible here.

6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Looks the same.

5HZZ0MU.thumb.jpg.4b3dceddba2b69717d7fa25fc8921c91.jpg.8c627f9841cf4cccfdbf490a96fee022.jpg

5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

If this is correct, I could see the point. This is the more traditional of the 2 lines and Air Slide is a very progressive option

Which is kind of too bad. The GT isn't really that "traditional". I am curious to see if they've included the hyper-comp material into this blocker and pad faces. I hope so.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Which is kind of too bad. The GT isn't really that "traditional". I am curious to see if they've included the hyper-comp material into this blocker and pad faces. I hope so.

Yeah I dont get why they wouldnt want the gt 2 to slide better 

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Flat faced jenpro surface that's on the GT slides great anyways. It's not exactly a detriment.

yeah its not that the jenpro slides bad, but they marketed airslide for sliding so well, especially on the choppy ice, or when youre later in the game so i dont see a point of getting rid of it, although im pretty sure the airslide and profile lock are designed to be features that distinguish the GT(2) and G4

9 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Took some screenshots of the video.

No Airslide.

Looks like they're still going with skate lace as the stock toe option. Will probably offer the ARS toe on the side.

Looks like the catcher palm is not velcro'd in, like the original GT.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

7.png

That cut off graphic is really weird to me. 

12 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

That cut off graphic is really weird to me. 

I have GT´s and maybe I will order a GT2 set. But it must be with classic graphic. I can´t stand graphics like they use in Warriors and EFlex. There isn´t any flow for my liking. Some oddly straight lines which may or may not stop suddenly. When solid color outer rolls, few years back, came into fashion people were whining that blockers didnt match with the pads. Now there is always an ugly straight bar in the side of blocker face. 🤬

42 minutes ago, Korppi32 said:

I have GT´s and maybe I will order a GT2 set. But it must be with classic graphic. I can´t stand graphics like they use in Warriors and EFlex. There isn´t any flow for my liking. Some oddly straight lines which may or may not stop suddenly. When solid color outer rolls, few years back, came into fashion people were whining that blockers didnt match with the pads. Now there is always an ugly straight bar in the side of blocker face. 🤬

I was the same way... Until I spent a few hours playing with the color zones...

image.thumb.png.2108c1a4d20e9f4cf362d9da7564fd37.png

Many people have been able to duplicate a simple graphic on the G4 stock graphic as well:

1497798871_ScreenShot2019-01-19at11_36_12AM.png.da70a3448714033265b79b0c2bf76d01.png68091213_ScreenShot2019-01-19at11_35_56AM.png.52b02e9e0468a7dfe235b4bd3c989e61.png13094314_ScreenShot2019-01-19at11_35_48AM.png.46cfd7afce25b22b4e3760730c753560.png

3 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

True.. Brown-White and White - navy ones are nice. But "75 different color zones" doesn't impress me. 

You won't have to worry about that with the R/GT2s.  I got a sneak peek at the customizer today.  The Pro model has 19 different zones to customize.  The Pro Classic has 26.  

Coopa, there are only two missing zones on the red/black pad you're seeing in the video.  One is a stripe directly below the black stripe.  The other is the center of the boot.  The colorways will not run through the  inner third of the pad, just like you're seeing in the video.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Still undecided on that half cut graphic on the shin, @ZeroGravitas is there an option to extend it all the way across the face?

I wish I could, but there's no way to extend it across the face. That'd make it look a lot like the RGT 1's graphic, too, which I liked quite a bit.

My RGT-1s, below.

20171224_124152_HDR.thumb.jpg.485bf65a5ab9c286b1ffc23f7b02fe96.jpg

10 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

And it’s nit picking but I think the outer roll is too busy with dual logos. 

Then again my tastes are minimal and simple for that “clean” look

Alas, the logos, both the "W" and "R/GT2 PRO", are dictated by one zone on the customizer.

I, too, am a bit of a minimalist. If I could, I'd ghost the "R/GT2 PRO" logo by making it red and retaining the "W" logo as is.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:12 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Can't really tell, but I think it's the normal position. I've never used a GT catch so I cannot say for sure.

The previous G3s and G4s with changeable liners had visible writing in that area denoting the angle being used, but nothing appears to be visible here.

The GT didn't have a removable liner in the catcher.  I was a 70deg. break

On 1/28/2019 at 12:41 AM, ZeroGravitas said:

I've been sitting on this for a couple days.

Found out today that I could share these images.

Haven't ordered yet, but this is probably what I'm going to do.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

That angled line higher above the gold should be black instead of red. Feels like just a touch extra is missing IMO.

9 hours ago, RichMan said:

That angled line higher above the gold should be black instead of red. Feels like just a touch extra is missing IMO.

Untitled.thumb.png.235c8dc6701ecd871d03b140b030e43e.png

I, too, actually thought a little extra was missing so I went with an additional gold stripe and submitted it yesterday.

I'm hearing 7-9 weeks right now, we'll see.

Also.... a Warrior neckguard coming? Hmm....

Neck.png.df46ee503339a3f99f33e42001b7b850.png

2 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Untitled.thumb.png.235c8dc6701ecd871d03b140b030e43e.png

I, too, actually thought a little extra was missing so I went with an additional gold stripe and submitted it yesterday.

I'm hearing 7-9 weeks right now, we'll see.

Also.... a Warrior neckguard coming? Hmm....

Neck.png.df46ee503339a3f99f33e42001b7b850.png

Much better. Is the customizer available to the public?

Archived