Imperative’s 2018-2019 Season

Imperative

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, goalie381 said:

Looking very good here. Nice and square, great movement, your pushes and slides are something I try to strive for. Not a bad outing, I hope your team's game goes/went well too.

Thanks! The team I subbed for started pretty rough, for most of them it was their first time on the ice this season and it took them a while before they kind of got going as far as making and catching passes, haha. 

10 hours ago, beansbats said:

Nice rebound control.

Thanks, it was ok except on the only goal I gave up, I put the rebound on his tape back door, haha. 

9 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Best I've seen you this year Cam!  Couple of nice saves on the defensive break downs and giveaways.

Passau chestie working nicely for you now? 

Thanks! I am getting more comfortable with the passau but I did wear my 996 in last nights game. 

Here is the first game of the season for the Vikings, my regular team. I am from a small town in Alberta so there are not  enough players locally to have a league. So the guy that runs our team puts together a home and home schedule against varies teams from surrounding communities. This results in a wide variety of skill levels from team to team, this team we had never played before and didn’t know what to expect. We jumped on them early a got a lead and never really looked back. With playing against different teams in different rinks all the time how the game as far as time is structured is always different. When we are at home we play two 35 minute straight time periods with a flood in between. This game we played 3 25 minute periods with no flood, it sucked, haha. Like I mentioned we got an early lead and kept building on it so as the game went on we let outlet foot of the gas and I had spent the weekend stripping and re shingling my house so I kind of ran out gas physically and gave up some late goals. I felt like I played ok early but I still am not feeling comfortable in the net. I am not reading the game really well and you know when you are “on” and you can see the whole ice, the play slows down, I am not there, haha

5 hours ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

"A lot to 5 win".  LOL!

Really, the only "weak" goal was the last one, and even that we've all been beaten by at some point.  There was a definite drop off in urgency from your team, but apparently they still scored plenty.

I lost count and my teammates weren’t sure how many they scored it was at least 15, haha. Yeah that last goal was terrible. First one was tipped but not really hard I should’ve had that one and my teammate potted that 4th goal. It was one of those games, we were up 10-0 and we just sat back. 

17 hours ago, Imperative said:

I lost count and my teammates weren’t sure how many they scored it was at least 15, haha. Yeah that last goal was terrible. First one was tipped but not really hard I should’ve had that one and my teammate potted that 4th goal. It was one of those games, we were up 10-0 and we just sat back. 

As they say, that's a good problem to have.  :)

10 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Was he paranoid?

412.thumb.jpg.a2419bce26f07960a3dad3976dfa14a8.jpg

I have no idea, I wasn’t given an explanation. This was a game where I subbed in a league I haven’t played in before so I don’t know the rules. I asked my teammates in the intermission and they didn’t know why the GoPro was taken down either, they just said the league has some weird rules. Another weird thing was the game it was a 20 minutes stop time first period, 15 min straight time 2nd and another 20 minutes stop time third. It made for a long game. 

Man your pushes are smooth as silk, especialy the double pushes.

I really enjoy your videos, you're on another level when it comes to actual technic, somehow I feel like I learn a lot by just watching you play with the goalie cam perspective.

Keep it up!

22 hours ago, Math. said:

Man your pushes are smooth as silk, especialy the double pushes.

I really enjoy your videos, you're on another level when it comes to actual technic, somehow I feel like I learn a lot by just watching you play with the goalie cam perspective.

Keep it up!

Thanks for the kind words. I have tried to change my game as an adult, as a kid coming up I was basically a stand up goalie

I've only watched a small minute of the video and I'm already ready to scream at your team to try what they call "skating" and to, oh I don't know, maybe tie up the guy in front of the net?

A few times i watched your defenseman slightly tap their guy they're supposed to cover just to randomly move away leaving them wide open. That's frustrating.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I've only watched a small minute of the video and I'm already ready to scream at your team to try what they call "skating" and to, oh I don't know, maybe tie up the guy in front of the net?

A few times i watched your defenseman slightly tap their guy they're supposed to cover just to randomly move away leaving them wide open. That's frustrating.

You aren’t wrong it was a awful awful defensive effort. Watch to the end you will love the game winner

3 hours ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

Wow, how much did those guys in the dark shirts pay to get in?  They had GREAT seats!

I'm not sure what is worse.....the lackluster effort or the fact you only lost by 1!  After the game was the locker room chatter about how close it was or was it silent?

Some guys didn’t think it was a big deal some guys especially my one d man was super pissed that the winger allowed to walk right down the slot of the game winning one timer. He was undressed and showered before some of us even sat down. 

Archived