Imperative’s 2018-2019 Season

Imperative

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

Good to know someone cared.  That's what I feared is that they would be pretty non-chalant about it since the score was close in the end.

I should maybe clarify a little bit. The Stingers are made up of former AJHL(Alberta jr A) players. We don’t have anyone who played at that level so my teammates attitude is “well they are better players than us and we hung in there with them so losing in the last minute not a big deal” which really sucks because they didn’t skate circles around us my guys just refused to play defence, they didn’t bother to lift a stick . I can handle when a team is better skilled than us and we put up a good effort and they were just better, I handle that gross lack of effort that was on full display in that game. 

well last shinny I tried running two cameras to capture both ends of the rink. The suction cup mount at my end was a knock off and would’nt stay attached to the glass so I only captured the other end which wasn’t me in net but I thought you fellow tenders may enjoy it regardless. 

lastest Game. We were on the road with our “c” squad, haha. Many of our regulars couldn’t make the game. I didn’t play that great, I didn’t feel very sharp and gave up a few that went right through me. It was fortunate that their goalie really struggled, I am not sure if he was drunk or high but there were shots that he didn’t even move on or reacted after the puck went in, Vikings didn’t deserve to win but we did. Next game is Sunday against arguably our best opposition so I could be seeing a ton of shots.  

Lastest game, I failed to catch the first half of the game so at the start of this it was 2-1 for the Hawks. Shout out to @icedog57 for the new to me Fusion 962 mask, 2nd game I have worn it, feels great. Also this is the 2nd game using Passau's sliding Polish, so far I am not that impressed with it. I don't feel like I am getting a great slide out of it, honestly other waterproofing spray and polish meant more for footwear I have used were resulting in better slides than the Passau so far. I'll keep using it and see if I can get better results. As far as this game, the Hawks have 5 guys guys who played pro hockey including a former nhl enforcer, so we were in over our heads. That said their goalie was unreal, almost unbeatable. I have to confess I haven't felt right all season, I have pain and tightness in the outside of my calf muscles(both legs) that causes pain when I butterfly, butterfly push and in the RVH. I feel like it has slowed me down all season and I outside of my first two games were I subbed for other teams I haven't played well. This game was no exception, i tried to keep it close as it was 2-1 for most of the game. As for the third goal you see the guy take me into the net, knocking the net off, ref fails to blow down the play and while the guy who knocked me into the net is putting it back into place they score. I am not sure why we even had a ref, he waved off every icing, he failed to blow the play dead when the puck went out of play into the netting and landed back on the ice, he didn't call as single penalty. the 4th goal you can see my d man get open ice hit knocked down and the guy comes in on a breakaway and scores. Stuff like that in a close game is frustrating. That said The Hawks were totally sandbagging us and they turned it on in the last 8 minutes or so and put the game away. 

Hawks are a very good team. No one on their side skates with their head down. The new bucket (the Fusion) looks great; what do you like about it? I think you're being a little too hard on your play. Even if you your calves are tight, you're flaring your legs out terrifically even after you're down. Maybe more foam rolls on the calves?

@Fullright Yeah the Hawks are a skilled team for sure. I do like fusion masks, my old mask is a 9961 the new 962 is pretty similar except it has chin cup instead of the sling. The pain and tightness in the outside of my calves and kind of runs to outside of my knee, it is mostly pushing side to side and going into and out of the rvh. It has been bothering me ever since I started playing games. I asked Maria Mountain  at goalie training pro about it and she suggested I go through the butterfly training program, I’ll see if it helps. 

• 2 weeks later...

after the 10-7 beat down to the Brutes a week or so ago I sort of had a bounce back game. In warm ups the lace that ties the arm into my chest ripped out so I played the first half of the game with out my glove arm attached to my chestie. We were up 3-0 at one point but I don’t know if my guys had 3 shots on net after going up 3-0, just sat back and let them come at us in waves, they scored a couple off the power play including the tying goal. Overall I played decent but I was super pissed off that we let them tie it up. 

Haha yeah those guys are both teammates and the guy who got his stick tossed tripped the other guy on a breakaway and then they were chirping each other and it kind of Escaladed. 

My buddy definelty plays “loose” he does care but he doesn’t play as structured as guys are trainined today to do. 

Archived