Imperative’s 2018-2019 Season

Imperative

(Sorry for the broken post - it seems of late if I use the "@" to reference someone's comment the post gets stuck and I can add or delete anything - in the case of this post I put the reference in last thing before posting - actually had to save and then edit the post to get the reference to work)

...I'm with @cwarnar you held your own. I would have imploded about 1/4 of the way through that game

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Colander said:

(Sorry for the broken post - it seems of late if I use the "@" to reference someone's comment the post gets stuck and I can add or delete anything - in the case of this post I put the reference in last thing before posting - actually had to save and then edit the post to get the reference to work)

...I'm with @cwarnar you held your own. I would have imploded about 1/4 of the way through that game

Thanks @Colander. I try and not let myself off the hook even when I am getting lit up. 

i got torched in this game. We again had a bit of a depleted line up including my best defenceman. Apparently the Brutes didn’t like the close game earlier in the season so they brought in their college kids again.  I played ok, I didn’t quit on the game but the boys definitely packed it in, in front of me. It was a tough couple games losing bad to the sharks and then the Brutes 

first game debuting the new mask wrap. It was a bit of weird game, as you can see the rink is maybe 2/3 the size of a regulatio sized rink, so the game happens much faster and it messes with your angles as a goalie. I played a very weird game, I made saves that probably should’ve been goals and gave up goals I should’ve saved. After a shaky 1st and 2nd I managed to shut to door in the third to pull out a win. 

13 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

That knuckler at 4:22 dropped a lot eh?

Well it went off of my glove that is why it dropped so bad. I didn’t follow the puck into my glove, I was already looking up ice to see who I could play the puck too, went off the side on my glove and dropped into the net, not my finest goaltending moment. 

2 hours ago, Imperative said:

Well it went off of my glove that is why it dropped so bad. I didn’t follow the puck into my glove, I was already looking up ice to see who I could play the puck too, went off the side on my glove and dropped into the net, not my finest goaltending moment. 

Anyone who claims they've never had something like this happen to them is a liar.

19 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Short but sweet.  You looked good in the limited tape Cam.

Did the one where the dude crashed the net go in?

How do you decide on which mask to wear?

Thanks! No the one where he crashed me didn’t go in, I managed to keep it out and it was sitting on the goal line there and I punched it out with my blocker. This was before the vinyl wrap mask had gotten to me, I do play to where the wrapped mask for games and my other one for shinny’s as I tend to get hit in the head much more in shinny’s. 

my teammates had requested I try and get the offensive zone of our games and since a teammate has a GoPro and suction cup mount I have been setting it up at our home games. So here is the o-zone of our latest win, the leafs goalie played really well and made many great saves keeping the game close.

This is a very impressive piece of work. Doing something different with your workouts or nutrition? You sprang to your feet every time and your pushes were strong but controlled while looking very quick. For a game at a dog time of the season, you're set up really well for playoffs. Keep 'er rollin, Cam.

On 2/4/2019 at 6:33 PM, Fullright said:

This is a very impressive piece of work. Doing something different with your workouts or nutrition? You sprang to your feet every time and your pushes were strong but controlled while looking very quick. For a game at a dog time of the season, you're set up really well for playoffs. Keep 'er rollin, Cam.

Thanks Joe, I haven’t done anything different as far as working out or nutrition, just maria’s Butterfly challenge 3.0. I have been trying to focuse on getting to my feet quickly. I felt like I played decent in this one. 

22 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Nice game Cam... Looked very strong.  Rebound control was excellent and you did well with a lot of traffic in front.

Thanks! Yeah they really tried to take away my eyes as the game went on, getting bodies in front of me 

rough week, back to back losses. We played Tuesday in the 2/3 sized rink and it was -25 Celsius inside the rink and they don’t have plexi glass behind the net it is a puck board and it was so cold my GoPro suction cup mount wouldn’t suction to the puck board, so no footage of the game but an uninspiring 7-5 loss. 

This game was against the team with former pros and they play together very well. I wasn’t very happy with how I played, the third goal I stopped the breakaway with my stick then it rolled down my stick off my skate and in. The 4th goal somehow squeaked through even though it hit me right in the stomach(I have a bruise just above my bellybutton). Those goals were the difference in the game. 

Wow! That team is really good. They may have lost a step but wow, they have some good, professionally trained players who pass to each other or open spaces. They also all have their sticks on the ice and skate their asses off to get back. I think you played great against them. They didn't try to blast you to pieces; they worked everything to an open man. That's a very hard thing to handle especially when your team is good but not ex-pros. They just don't see the ice the same way. Great job, Cam, against a very savvy, experienced team.

13 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I had the same issue today at a pick up Cam.  It was -51 here today with the windchill.  The glass inside the rink was covered in snow/ice and my suction cup was a no go

It was kind of brutal, haha. I knew it was going to be so cold in that rink so I brought toe and hand warmers that I stuck on top of my socks and inside my gloves, it actually worked great my hands and feet stayed warm and I tried to keep a “warming sweat” going the whole game so I didn’t get cold. 

12 hours ago, Fullright said:

Wow! That team is really good. They may have lost a step but wow, they have some good, professionally trained players who pass to each other or open spaces. They also all have their sticks on the ice and skate their asses off to get back. I think you played great against them. They didn't try to blast you to pieces; they worked everything to an open man. That's a very hard thing to handle especially when your team is good but not ex-pros. They just don't see the ice the same way. Great job, Cam, against a very savvy, experienced team.

Yeah they are a good team, they play well together. I had a tough time reading them, they seemed to always put pucks in “soft” areas just out of everyone’s reach. 

Archived