Difference Between Optik and GNetik IV

SaveByRichter35

11 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What are the big differences between the Gnetic and the Optik?  Use the Flex model if that more closely resembles the Gnetic than the Fly model does.

I bet you almost nothing.

I'm feeling that the reintroduction of the Gnetik line is due to consumer confusion about the Optik. I betcha everyone thought it was the evolution of the subzero line and not a melding of the SZ and Gnetik lines together.

I remember that Brian's was touting how the Optik was replacing both and that it was their pad going forward.

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm feeling that the reintroduction of the Gnetik line is due to consumer confusion about the Optik. I betcha everyone thought it was the evolution of the subzero line and not a melding of the SZ and Gnetik lines together.

I remember that Brian's was touting how the Optik was replacing both and that it was their pad going forward.

Visually, aside from the vertical rolls being different sizes, the only difference I can actually see is with the OptiSlide.  The Gnetic has a little less in the foot area than the Optik does.  I know the Gnetic also has the internal knee rolls and utilize 3 break options.  But other than that I am at a loss.

15 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yeah I recall that too, so I was confused when the GNETiK IV came out. Oh well, more R&D doesn't hurt.

The GNETiK iv has an 84 degree boot by default as well as an internal knee roll. The smart toe has been updated to be cords instead of elastic straps, like most other things. I'm certain that Brian's would customize the boot angle and cords on request, as they're known to do.

d6be28b0cd.jpg

I would like to see a full breakdown of the line to fully know as well.

19 hours ago, keeperton said:

The GNETiK iv has an 84 degree boot by default as well as an internal knee roll. The smart toe has been updated to be cords instead of elastic straps, like most other things. I'm certain that Brian's would customize the boot angle and cords on request, as they're known to do.

I would like to see a full breakdown of the line to fully know as well.

I'm pretty sure the optik had the option between 84* and 90* if I remember correctly.

On 10/9/2018 at 10:16 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

What are the big differences between the Gnetic and the Optik?  Use the Flex model if that more closely resembles the Gnetic than the Fly model does.

Genetik you can  pick the flex ratings. Optik you get flx or fly core on genetiks you can pick the flex ratings of the break above the knee, below, and the boot. The boot flex if you get a 4 or 5 is called a hyperflex boot. 1 is the stiffest rating and 5 is the softest.

8 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@SaveByRichter35 they’ve always done 80, 84, and 90 as custom options 

Yeah, for sure.

6 hours ago, Max27 said:

Genetik you can  pick the flex ratings. Optik you get flx or fly core on genetiks you can pick the flex ratings of the break above the knee, below, and the boot. The boot flex if you get a 4 or 5 is called a hyperflex boot. 1 is the stiffest rating and 5 is the softest.

I had never thought you couldn't customize the flex of each region on the Optiks, but that does make a lot of sense.

6 hours ago, Max27 said:

Having issues with my CCM Pads in terms of rebounds. Up until now the rebounds have really  been kicking out and as of late they have been super soft and been dying in front of me like they say they do and im not a fan of it. 
Anyone have used any of the brians ¨hybrid¨ style pads and have anything that would be able to help me w this? Im a fan of the flex bc im not very flexible naturally so i like that they flex really well. especially down at the boot. dont wanna get custom.

Had my G3NETiKs for a year and a quarter with 1-2 ice times a week minimum. They still kick out rebounds really well, granted the shot had enough velocity in the first place. I only ever have shots die right in front of my if I intend to make them do so.

Overall the things have broken down or worn very little. If you're interested I could do some number crunching and a quick picture review in the next few days.

1. Every company has 2 lines of gear. There will be a new pad every 12 months for every major brand. Please know that before you buy anything. 

2. There's a difference between pads and retail and once you start customizing them...

Stock EF4 and P2 will probably be pretty different. Once I got on the customizer and start messing with the beaks and such... the lines can blur pretty close together. 

3. Stock Optik is the FLY and Stock GNetik is 4-3-1. Those are very different right there. If you order custom and go Optik FLX it will be more like a GNetik or go 4-1-1 GNetik it will be more like Optik FLY

4. Optik has internal knee rolls on the core and Optik does not

5. GNetik has a harder knee block as stock

6. GNetik has a different knee cradle

7. The materials underneath the primo on the Opti-slide are different 

8. Optik will have a "boxier" feel when you're in the butterfly 
9. Gnetik's core is more customizable with the classic Boot, knee, thigh 

So yes, the pads might sounds very similar... but there are distinct differences between the two. Once you start customizing, you can throw the differences out the window 

16 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

1. Every company has 2 lines of gear. There will be a new pad every 12 months for every major brand. Please know that before you buy anything. 

2. There's a difference between pads and retail and once you start customizing them...

Stock EF4 and P2 will probably be pretty different. Once I got on the customizer and start messing with the beaks and such... the lines can blur pretty close together. 

3. Stock Optik is the FLY and Stock GNetik is 4-3-1. Those are very different right there. If you order custom and go Optik FLX it will be more like a GNetik or go 4-1-1 GNetik it will be more like Optik FLY

4. Optik has internal knee rolls on the core and Optik does not

5. GNetik has a harder knee block as stock

6. GNetik has a different knee cradle

7. The materials underneath the primo on the Opti-slide are different 

8. Optik will have a "boxier" feel when you're in the butterfly 
9. Gnetik's core is more customizable with the classic Boot, knee, thigh 

So yes, the pads might sounds very similar... but there are distinct differences between the two. Once you start customizing, you can throw the differences out the window 

There we go. Was only a matter of time till we got some more details to differentiate the lines.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

There we go. Was only a matter of time till we got some more details to differentiate the lines.

Some of them are not visible and might be overlooked by consumers 

New strapping and the knee cradle are probably the most obvious 

If you go on the Brians website and the pads page for the G-IV's there is a link on the right hand side that says 'compare models' (or something to that effect) which brings up an overlay on the page that breaks down the differences in break, weight, strapping etc between the G-IV's, Heritage and both chassis types for the Optiks. 

In terms of specs alone (and not accounting for the different features each model has), the FLX Optik and G-IV have exactly the same break profile with the differences being in the strapping set up and boot taper.

15 hours ago, keeperton said:

Yeah, for sure.

I had never thought you couldn't customize the flex of each region on the Optiks, but that does make a lot of sense.

Had my G3NETiKs for a year and a quarter with 1-2 ice times a week minimum. They still kick out rebounds really well, granted the shot had enough velocity in the first place. I only ever have shots die right in front of my if I intend to make them do so.

Overall the things have broken down or worn very little. If you're interested I could do some number crunching and a quick picture review in the next few days.

you cant customize optik flex rates. you get flx or fly.

and some pics of any durabilty on the genetik 3 would be awesome

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Of course, they want to push as many people towards their main offers.

You can still get a fully customized kit with different flex points than what is originally offered. It's kind of Brian's whole shtick.

yeah brians does anything you want lol 

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Of course, they want to push as many people towards their main offers.

You can still get a fully customized kit with different flex points than what is originally offered. It's kind of Brian's whole shtick.

See my post above. You can customize both cores, but the way you customize them is different 

On 10/10/2018 at 9:36 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

First off, I don't know who said the Optik FLX replaced the G-NETik line, because that was never the intention. The Optik replaced the SubZero Pro 3, and the FLX gave a double break-like option for the Optik since the outer roll is so thin and streamlined that making exterior breaks in it was pointless, hence the core options. 

There is a distinct difference in feel between Optik (FLX or FLY) vs. G-NETIK IV. The IV has much more playability/torsional flex in the core which doesn't confine you to a boxy feel. I could never personally play well in a SubZero or Optik pad because its not my style anymore... I am much more successful in the G-NETik/Heritage. The goal of the IV was to really up the performance of the G-NETik 3... borrowing some of the best performance features of Optik, such as primo / Opti-slide inner gusset, while taking the rotation/stability/seal/strapping to the next level. We didn't want any gimmicks on this line, just the very best line we could put out. I can give you my word, the Optik and the IV are in no way shape or form alike or play the same. Also, the glove and blocker are a huge improvement from the G-NETik Pro 3... These are Reo's first takes of the G-NETik glove/blocker and its completely re-iterated. We have guys who used to hate the g-netik glove fall in love with it... its less bulky, has boa, best closure and snap on any Brian's glove to date, and has a unique feel and shape that makes you feel deeper in the glove compared to previous G-NETik's... Just like the Optik was a much superior glove to SZ, this is the same for the G-NETik models. As for the blocker, we wanted to focus on giving the blocker a very stable, solid feel with hard rebounds, while keeping it at the weight of the OPTIK and not making the BOA on the blocker be an afterthought. All which was achieved. 

I look forward to you seeing the model in person, I do not think anything on the market compares in build quality, materials, or performance. 

Archived