Bauer Supreme vs Warrior R/GT senior fit.

Math.

Hello people of the universe,

Was curious to know if anyone has any experience with the fit and riding height of Bauer Supreme versus Warrior's R/GT Sr pads.

I'm currently wearing Bauer Supreme One.5 pads in 32"+1", got rid of the straps above the knee, toe tie and boot strap VERY loose.  My knee falls pretty much dead center on the knee blocks. 

There currently is a set of Warrior R/GT Sr that I could get my hands on that is 34"+1.5".  Honnestly, I wouldn't mind the extra thigh rise but was wondering if anyone had ever compared the fit and ride height of the two brands and line and how they compare with regards to knee placement.

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Math. said:

Hello people of the universe,

Was curious to know if anyone has any experience with the fit and riding height of Bauer Supreme versus Warrior's R/GT Sr pads.

I'm currently wearing Bauer Supreme One.5 pads in 32"+1", got rid of the straps above the knee, toe tie and boot strap VERY loose.  My knee falls pretty much dead center on the knee blocks. 

There currently is a set of Warrior R/GT Sr that I could get my hands on that is 34"+1.5".  Honnestly, I wouldn't mind the extra thigh rise but was wondering if anyone had ever compared the fit and ride height of the two brands and line and how they compare with regards to knee placement.

Thanks.

You'd be better off in a 32/33 sized pad from Warrior. 34's will be pretty big.

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You'd be better off in a 32/33 sized pad from Warrior. 34's will be pretty big.

That's what I've figured but thought I'd ask anyway.  From reading through the forum I understand that pad sizing between brands (and sometimes even between line within the same brand) may vary greatly.

3 minutes ago, Math. said:

That's what I've figured but thought I'd ask anyway.  From reading through the forum I understand that pad sizing between brands (and sometimes even between line within the same brand) may vary greatly.

It definitely does. Hell, sometimes it varies between lines a company provides.

Your best bet is to try on a size in store to see if it works, especially going from brand to brand. Otherwise, there are plenty of sizing charts out there specific to each companies pad that will allow you to measure you ATK (ankle to knee) and use that measurement to size you to the correct pad.

7 minutes ago, Chester said:

5'8"1/2".  29" inseam. Long thigh bone. I wear 32" +3 pads. 

Have had Reebok, Vaughn, Smith, Passau, Itech, Sherwood, Bauer, Simmons, Battram, Boddam and Cooper. :)

Ooops, forgot Brian's. 

How does one find 32"+3" pads!!?!  I would assume custom order.

Ayup.  Can find 32+2 or 33+2, but they never fit correctly. Best to have correct fit.

And, I usually buy used stuff. Pro returns or growing teenagers stuff. 

The smaller brands were custom orders. Even custom not as much as stock brand name gear.

Archived