TGN Spec X GNetik IV

TheGoalNet

Order is in... Hopefully I get a special Christmas present! 

image.png.6ef6e13f92cf4fd3deb01c7f4bd1e358.png

35+1.5"
4-1-1
Optik outer roll 
Extra hard face 
Stock ( Hard) knee block 
no outer knee flap 
no knee pad attachment 
No boot strap
Open Knee: SBA on knee block only - not on knee cradle area attached to inside leg channel 
2X sets of calf straps - 1X nylon and 1X stock elastic 
Offset toe bridge only 

Glove:
Anchor T
White nash inside T   
White Skate Lace Pocket  
+1 Depth on Pocket  
Black nash palm 
Extra Break in time on machine 
Game ready palm

Blocker:
2x Anderson spec pads (foam insert between back of hand glove and back of blocker board
Lexan board 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ThatCarGuy - Loved my TGN Spec X Optik and honestly didn't want to change. However, my goal is always to try new things and create educational and interesting content for website members and Instagram followers. 

the fun ( and sometimes scary part ) about ordering from Brian's is that they will do nearly anything you ask.Over the past 18ish months I have tried Bauer 1S and 1X, CCM P2, and 2 set of Optik. I have learned a lot about "what I like" in a set of gear.  I worked with @TGC-Rance and @Brians_Joz to try and create my "dream" set.

I like the hardest possible rebounds off my pads. This will give them a bit extra pop. 

7 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I don't.

In fact, this website is my only online existence. 

I do look at a very small amount of Instagram or Twitter accounts, but I don't contribute because I'm not a member.

I was just busting chops.  In a nutshell, he held a contest on IG where anyone could send him a design and they would all be voted on.  This one won the vote.

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Order is in... Hopefully I get a special Christmas present! 

image.png.6ef6e13f92cf4fd3deb01c7f4bd1e358.png

35+1.5"
4-1-1
Optik outer roll 
Extra hard face 
Stock ( Hard) knee block 
no outer knee flap 
no knee pad attachment 
No boot strap
Open Knee: SBA on knee block only - not on knee cradle area attached to inside leg channel 
2X sets of calf straps - 1X nylon and 1X stock elastic 

Glove:
Anchor T
White nash inside T   
White Skate Lace Pocket  
+1 Depth on Pocket  
Black nash palm 
Extra Break in time on machine 
Game ready palm

Blocker:
2x Anderson spec pads (foam insert between back of hand glove and back of blocker board

These pads look awesome. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

I’m attaching a couple pics from Goalie Heaven that they posted recently for a customer.  What I find really interesting is how different the knee block strap is placed in the lower corner of the knee block.  It also looks thinner than the strap on the Optik pad.  Secondly, I believe they have eliminated 1-2 straps on the calf where that IV dual strap is located.  I guess the advantage here is reduced weight and increased speed to put your pads on.  Knee block material and landing are also different from Optik.  

Hard to tell from these pics but the Blocker looks like it has a more aggressive board angle than the Optik which is appealing. Glad to hear they have made this blocker more rebound responsive as I find my Optik Blocker does not provide hard rebounds. 

Looking forward to seeing your unboxing!

873D238B-1DC3-4597-B888-1CE21F5567CA.jpeg

F66D66CD-CC2B-4A2B-902F-85E25AF14CAB.jpeg

Archived