TGN Spec X GNetik IV

TheGoalNet

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strapping was pretty dialed in last skate. I did the top of the V calf last elastic medium snug. I did the bottom of the V tight. The pad stayed in place during movement, felt connected, rotated + sealed well.

This set up was with my Brian's knee pads. Going to try this next skate with my 1X knee pads.

On 1/4/2019 at 5:03 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Second skate with the tighter strapping. I honestly don't have any complaints or nit picks about this set... Maybe the Lexan makes it a bit heavier than something with carbon fiber in it? But yeah, impressed

Curious what the weight difference between your P2 blocker and Gen4 is? 

I can attest to getting a Velocity blocker w/ added carbon on the face makes pucks FLY off the board without any noticeable weight gain. Miss that blocker and is partially why I added the Lexan on my Gen4 set. 

10 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

I can attest to getting a Velocity blocker w/ added carbon on the face makes pucks FLY off the board without any noticeable weight gain. Miss that blocker and is partially why I added the Lexan on my Gen4 set. 

P2 and Optik are both about 1.5 lbs 

Lexan GNIV is almost 2lbs. 

2 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

i dont get why but rebounds come off soft as hell on my greiss v7 blocker. maybe bc of how much its been used but idk

4 hours ago, Max27 said:

i dont get why but rebounds come off soft as hell on my greiss v7 blocker. maybe bc of how much its been used but idk

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Could be “worn out” or could be that he has no carbon in it or something 

It's a practice glove, right? I imagine after constant shots from the best shooters in the world, the foam has deadened. Vaughn hasn't always been the most durable, it will last, but it will soften. 

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Could be “worn out” or could be that he has no carbon in it or something 

yea could be, its been used a lot by him 

54 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

It's a practice glove, right? I imagine after constant shots from the best shooters in the world, the foam has deadened. Vaughn hasn't always been the most durable, it will last, but it will soften. 

im pretty sure its game, most practice gloves are labeled practice

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived