Wall Six12 Mask Foam

That is the new foam they call SIX12 and is the standard foam in the newest model W12. I've had that mask for a couple of months and totally love it. The new foam works like some kind of memory foam that conforms to your head's shape and absorbs impacts.

My previous mask was Wall W10 with rubatex foam and this SIX12 is a huge improvement when compared to it.

3 hours ago, TresPasser said:

That is the new foam they call SIX12 and is the standard foam in the newest model W12. I've had that mask for a couple of months and totally love it. The new foam works like some kind of memory foam that conforms to your head's shape and absorbs impacts.

My previous mask was Wall W10 with rubatex foam and this SIX12 is a huge improvement when compared to it.

Can you post some close up pictures?

4 hours ago, TresPasser said:

48 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Can you post some close up pictures?

To @SaveByRichter35's note... I'd like to see some pictures as well. In the IG post it's significantly thinner than other foams so I'm wondering if it's layered. #yayscience

I dont know if this help. I got my W12 almost 2 years ago, so it is one of the first ever made. White foam is very Soft, except next to chin cup. There is also very thin layer some Black foam under the White. I had  to change a back plate foam, it is rubatex now. 

IMG_20181106_202921.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 11/7/2018 at 5:46 AM, TresPasser said:

Here are some pictures. Unfortunately the quality isn't the best possible because I am still learning to use my new phone. 

IMG_20181106_202840.jpg

@TresPasser I as able to get a hold of Petri who did confirm he would sell me a die cut Six12 replacement kit for my W6. I know you had the fitment done at the factory, but based on your images it's hard to discern how they placed the fitment pieces used (if any.) What I mean is that I'd anticipate buying not only the Replacement Kit but also Fit Kit... and I'm wondering if at the factory they put the fitment pieces in below or on top of the replacement foam.

Replacement Foam Kit

image.png.220a15596b9a075147fdf5057ced0294.png

Fitting Pieces

image.png.25074d101f56ad9a2de13d9cd67292de.png

On 11/5/2018 at 8:12 PM, TitanG said:

I wonder if they sell the foam separately...

Yes they will... although I'm not sure they would do so as "universal kits." Petri was leery of selling me a kit for a mask that was not actually made in Finland (given I'm in the States and there was the whole dispute between Wall.Fi and Wall.USA) and I had to send a few pics to him of my mask to reassure him it was indeed made in Finland. 

17 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

@TresPasser I as able to get a hold of Petri who did confirm he would sell me a die cut Six12 replacement kit for my W6. I know you had the fitment done at the factory, but based on your images it's hard to discern how they placed the fitment pieces used (if any.) What I mean is that I'd anticipate buying not only the Replacement Kit but also Fit Kit... and I'm wondering if at the factory they put the fitment pieces in below or on top of the replacement foam.

Replacement Foam Kit

image.png.220a15596b9a075147fdf5057ced0294.png

Fitting Pieces

image.png.25074d101f56ad9a2de13d9cd67292de.png

@BadAngle41 They didn't use the fitment pieces in my mask because it was possible to use different thicknesses of materials at the factory. For my previous mask I ordered some fitment pieces from Petri and he recommended to put them on top of the original foam. Before gluing I used nailpolish remover (with my wife's permission of course 😁) to clean the original, sweat burnt foam from the spots where I planned to put the fitment pieces. I think it's not absolutely necessary to do that to a new foam but at least it removes all possible grease and helps the glue in the fitment pieces to stick as hard as possible.

• 5 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm curious to see how this works out for you!

I can tell you this... took one off the ear last week and while i didn't get any ringing or anything... i did feel it...

1. it was a damn heavy shot
  2. the Maltese universal kit doesn't provide much for that area
    1. Same could likely be said of any universal kit

You can tell from the picture this being a full die cut kit specific to my W6 it does include full padding for the ears. Still would feel the shot of course... but the impact would have been deadened. Of course being square not taking one off the ear in the first place is always a better choice... but it happens.

56 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I can tell you this... took one off the ear last week and while i didn't get any ringing or anything... i did feel it...

1. it was a damn heavy shot
  2. the Maltese universal kit doesn't provide much for that area
    1. Same could likely be said of any universal kit

You can tell from the picture this being a full die cut kit specific to my W6 it does include full padding for the ears. Still would feel the shot of course... but the impact would have been deadened. Of course being square not taking one off the ear in the first place is always a better choice... but it happens.

Yea man I hear ya, shit happens.  You can't always take everything to the forehead...or glove/blocker.  

Archived