CCM Leather Toe Straps

Max27

51 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Why didn't you just order a new toe bridge?  Have you ever used toe buckles?

havent used them before

the new toe bridges are 35$ while these were 10$

and i find it a pain in the ass to do the toe ties and these look a lot easier

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Related image

( @BadAngle41 - just quoting you to get this pic in; not addressing you as the dude contemplating leather toe straps)

Agree with others here - I don't think this is the way you want to go, @Max27. The primary reason they are still available at all, I suspect, is to repair older models that were originally manufactured with them in place. While technically possible, I doubt the intention is to fit them to modern pads.

Moreover, someone who windmills while sitting on their own goalie stick probably shouldn't be emulated... ever.

53 minutes ago, Wonder35 said:

I removed my toe ties and switched to buckles due to an over rotation problem. It worked for me, YMMV.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1667f.thumb.jpg.4c191a9ed1936c114263971d78055f47.jpg

So those rotate? 

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Agree with others here - I don't think this is the way you want to go, @Max27. The primary reason they are still available at all, I suspect, is to repair older models that were originally manufactured with them in place. While technically possible, I doubt the intention is to fit them to modern pads.

To @Lucky Pucker's point, you won't have the same management of slack you had on your toe bridge, and it will be less forgiving on your ankles, knees, and hips... not to mention how it may effect how the boot sits on your skate and everything down stream from that... knee landing etc. 

7 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Its going to be a lot different from what you're used to.  How did you even break a toe bridge? lol

i wanted something more consistent, and i find leather straps for everything are super consistent 

and its a long and weird story 

my hd toe bar peice fell out ( left it exposed subbing in a ball hockey game and the hd foam fell out and i didnt know and the ref picked it up and threw it out) and it was the exposed leather, it got suck when i was walking on the bench (we split thr games half and half w my goalie partner) got caught on something and the peice ripped in half

7 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Well... it will be a different feel to say the least... but just google search Jonas Hiller Toe Buckle... he's about the last one to still use them. I have a couple pics below but you may want to see more...

Related image

Image result for jonas hiller toe buckle

i looked him up for reference i just dont know how to attatch them. its a set of eflex 2 pads with the screwed in toe bridge so i figured it could work

On 11/6/2018 at 11:55 AM, BadAngle41 said:

So those rotate? 

To @Lucky Pucker's point, you won't have the same management of slack you had on your toe bridge, and it will be less forgiving on your ankles, knees, and hips... not to mention how it may effect how the boot sits on your skate and everything down stream from that... knee landing etc. 

will it make them sit higher? 

this is what im refering to as to what i ordered 

Screenshot 2018-11-06 at 4.11.03 PM.png

On 11/6/2018 at 4:07 PM, Max27 said:

i wanted something more consistent, and i find leather straps for everything are super consistent 

and its a long and weird story 

my hd toe bar peice fell out ( left it exposed subbing in a ball hockey game and the hd foam fell out and i didnt know and the ref picked it up and threw it out) and it was the exposed leather, it got suck when i was walking on the bench (we split thr games half and half w my goalie partner) got caught on something and the peice ripped in half

I'm telling you I really don't think you're going to like the toe buckles.  I think you'd be better off getting these and these and calling it a day.

4 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm telling you I really don't think you're going to like the toe buckles.  I think you'd be better off getting these and these and calling it a day.

if the toe buckles do not work i will definetley get some prolaces along w/ a new toe bridge. wanted to try the toe buckles for a while and theyre super cheap so i decided to give them a try. interested to see if i like them or not. hope i like them. lol

Archived